DCS Update Patch Notes Discussion Thread

NineLine

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice to see Normandy get some love. Even performance improvements mentioned, been a while since I have flown the Spit in Normandy in VR may have to have a go with it to check it out.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

on the weekend news letter is reported new VFA-122 skin, actually this is not in th patch log and this skin is not in game, I've tested in the editor as well.

Can someone confirm?

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

So far it's the release version getting the patch.

Just bringing it up to OB build. nothing new.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

I would guess friday for open beta, seems to be the norm.

It's not really the norm. I think 15 out of the 19 patches for OB 2.5 have been on Wednesdays (or a couple of Tuesdays).

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

OB is coming next Wednesday, if this is anything to go by:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3562112&postcount=97

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

OB is coming next Wednesday, if this is anything to go by:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3562112&postcount=97

Annoying to have to wait another week for the Viggen crash bug fix. The guys at Heatblur must be a bit frustrated.

Anyone know if the Spitfire canopy bug or the F18 radar elevation was fixed in this patch or was it a direct carry over from the beta, bugs and all?

The release version had neither bug, but the beta had both!. Wondering if the release has them now.

I can't check as I have my GPU out of my rig atm waiting on a replacement to arrive.....

Edited by bart

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

What does it take for people to realise there are 2 update threads. One for the release, and one for the OB. The process is - updates to OB go to release after a week or so if there are no major issues.

Today is just the recent OB update going to release version.

I'm sorry imacken, but it certainly appeared to me that the previous post on the Change log thread was for the Stable version and the one that appeared today looked like it was for the OpenBeta version. If I am mistaken, I apologize for taking up some of your precious time forcing you to read my uninformed blather.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm sorry imacken, but it certainly appeared to me that the previous post on the Change log thread was for the Stable version and the one that appeared today looked like it was for the OpenBeta version. If I am mistaken, I apologize for taking up some of your precious time forcing you to read my uninformed blather.

Wasn’t directed at you. There are quite a few people saying the same.

The clue is in the title of the thread - DCS World 2.5 Changelog and Updates of Stable Version. The Open Beta one is called - DCS World 2.5 Changelog and Updates of Open Beta.

Anyone know if the Spitfire canopy bug or the F18 radar elevation was fixed in this patch or was it a direct carry over from the beta, bugs and all?

The release version had neither bug, but the beta had both!. Wondering if the release has them now.

I can't check as I have my GPU out of my rig atm waiting on a replacement to arrive.....

I don't own the Hornet, but yes, the "stable" only caught up with beta, its bugs included.

Thuth to be told, I've only noticed after Imacken's post there are two separate changelog threads now. That's a surprise. There used to be one combined. A reasonable decision to split them I'd say.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.