Operation "Blue Flag" - 24/7 PvP Campaign - ROUND 9

gregzagk

I dunno I like the kill messages off.

Both for a2a and a2g it adds the amount of uncertainty you would have in a combat scenario and makes the whole thing more exciting imho.

There is enough servers with kill messages on and as said before there is the online stats.

Also if you really fancy kill confirmations, ask your GCI, he can give you nicknames. :D

Blueflag imho is the team based server individual pride and such should not stay in the way of creating an enviroment where collective effort to collect and distribute information is needed.

I cant say that I dont fancy it myself in a2a from time to time but imho blueflag is aboute more then just a2a pewpew. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

*unexpected flight behaviour* Oh shiii*** ! What ? Why ? What is happening ?

I dunno I like the kill messages off.

Both for a2a and a2g it adds the amount of uncertainty you would have in a combat scenario and makes the whole thing more exciting imho.

There is enough servers with kill messages on and as said before there is the online stats.

Also if you really fancy kill confirmations, ask your GCI, he can give you nicknames. :D

Blueflag imho is the team based server individual pride and such should not stay in the way of creating an enviroment where collective effort to collect and distribute information is needed.

I cant say that I dont fancy it myself in a2a from time to time but imho blueflag is aboute more then just a2a pewpew. :)

I agree with you Microvax and most here on their view on why no kill messages but sometimes fear is a weapon and so is morale, take down a feared opponent and morale goes up, seeing your fighters getting done by a known F/A-10 pilot and fear ensues. For me it adds immersion and rivalry within the community rather than just another black trail in the sky or fighter rushing past my parachute, was that AI, does it matter. At the end of the day we're not doing this for the sake of our country and futures we're doing this for enjoyment with and against others, I like to know who that pilot is that gave me a good fight or wrecked my base, buddies and high tailed it home. There was a time in Blue Flag were awards were given for the guys that drove their team on or instilled fear in your team, everyone voted on this and much respect was given, those days were more enjoyable.

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

I agree with you Microvax and most here on their view on why no kill messages but sometimes fear is a weapon and so is morale, take down a feared opponent and morale goes up, seeing your fighters getting done by a known F/A-10 pilot and fear ensues. For me it adds immersion and rivalry within the community rather than just another black trail in the sky or fighter rushing past my parachute, was that AI, does it matter. At the end of the day we're not doing this for the sake of our country and futures we're doing this for enjoyment with and against others, I like to know who that pilot is that gave me a good fight or wrecked my base, buddies and high tailed it home. There was a time in Blue Flag were awards were given for the guys that drove their team on or instilled fear in your team, everyone voted on this and much respect was given, those days were more enjoyable.

Exactly my thoughts!

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

You've said a lot of beatiful things, but I think the problem here is different: how can u be sure that nobody takes advantage of the chat in the engagements at long distances, maybe shooting a FOX2 when is 10 miles out from the bandit, and then waiting for the splash report in the chat to leave the valleys to resume his flight??:cry::noexpression:

What you've said would be acceptable if the chat had a built-in delay, and also don't forget that you have a magic that can give you callsigns if you want, you can ask in the chat to the enemies to see who splashed you.:D

I think that in a 2 weeks online campaign server, everybody has to cooperate, no matter the name, the kill ratio ecc..., u wanna win for your side, you establish a relationship with ur buddies, you act like a real squad to pursue a goal. I think that's the spirit everybody has to have when joining BlueFlag:pilotfly::thumbup:

SILVER 11 | Dedde

DCS MODULES: A-10C; F-15C ; M2000C; AV-8B N/A; F/A-18C; SA342; CA.

Asus PRIME Z490-P Intel Core i7 10700K @4.9 GHzNvidia GeForce GTX1070 8GbCorsair Vengeance LPX Black 32Gb (2x16Gb) DDR4 @3200MHzSamsung 850 EVO 256GbSamsung 24" 1920x1080 @60HzTrackIr 5; Hotas Warthog; Thrustmaster TFRP; Turtle Beach PX22;

Map and sides are reset. Well done Blue, thought you were done for!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Big shoutout to all the Blues who partook in recapturing Tblisi and Vaziani, that was a hard slog. Big props to Snowman for his absolutely relentless logistic defense.

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

guys i am a bit confused in how radio freqs are set up...

i know that there are ATC and GCI channels on UHF, but how are interflight comms set up?

is there one frequency shared between all strikers, one for all helos, and one for all fighters?

i know that there are ATC and GCI channels on UHF, but how are interflight comms set up?

is there one frequency shared between all strikers, one for all helos, and one for all fighters?

You can change the frequencies on your radio, so organise between your flights which frequencies to use for special purposes.

Usually there aren't other freq, but if you want to communicate in other "unofficial" freq with a friend of yours or with someone who is cooperating with you for example, you are free to connect to another comm , but it's recommended to leave every time one channel in the official one (especially when you are approaching to an airfield or taking off from it, or if you have GCI online).:thumbup:

Sometimes can happen that the GCI itself organizes the situation by putting, for example, different types of aircrafts in different comms, when it's too difficult to have everyone in a single channel, only to improve radio sterility.:D

SILVER 11 | Dedde

DCS MODULES: A-10C; F-15C ; M2000C; AV-8B N/A; F/A-18C; SA342; CA.

Asus PRIME Z490-P Intel Core i7 10700K @4.9 GHzNvidia GeForce GTX1070 8GbCorsair Vengeance LPX Black 32Gb (2x16Gb) DDR4 @3200MHzSamsung 850 EVO 256GbSamsung 24" 1920x1080 @60HzTrackIr 5; Hotas Warthog; Thrustmaster TFRP; Turtle Beach PX22;

Hello fellow Blue Flaggers,

My and my squadron colleagues made few flights in Blue Flag recently (server testing for Round 10) and we enjoyed it very much, especially when AWACS/ATC was online. Among many servers available Blue Flag is the one with the biggest emphasis on realism and team effort in our opinion and it has definitely become our favourite one.

I just wanted to point out few comments and our ideas that might be worth Admins' consideration when configuring future Blue Flag rounds:

-Pilot lifes limit is the best idea ever, makes you respect your virtual life.

-EWR sites reports are very useful and create ad-hoc tasks for CAPs. It might be good idea to make them also report when bandits are no longer in given sector (useful when there is no human AWCS)

-Some aircraft types are available to both sides. It would be less confusing to have plane type available for only one side. If it's not possible, some kind of guide with skins photos would be helpful so we can do visual ID. Last time, flying F-5E I got tally on A-10 and was like "how do I know if it's friend or bandit?".

-Kill reports discussion from few pages before: they can be exploited to check if your BVR shot was successful and to check what kind of planes are around. So we are against them.

-Ultimately, having F10 map not showing your position would move us even closer to realism as theater awareness and ability to use your aircraft's navigation instruments are another skills that characterise good pilot - not only combat abilities.

Looking forward for more great flying.

Cheers!

Qba

VFA-313

• Like 1

Hello fellow Blue Flaggers,

-Ultimately, having F10 map not showing your position would move us even closer to realism as theater awareness and ability to use your aircraft's navigation instruments are another skills that characterise good pilot - not only combat abilities.

Qba

VFA-313

In reality, people will duct tape a GPS / GLONASS unit into the cockpit if they have to. I certainly would. The F10 map with only you on it kinda simulates this idea.

-Kill reports discussion from few pages before: they can be exploited to check if your BVR shot was successful and to check what kind of planes are around. So we are against them.

Agree with you 100%!

Orientation using landmarks and compass would make every virtual pilot better and gci would also prove even more usefull and interesting to be!

I think at least it deserves a shoot

..kill messages - we see them as step away from realism to wich (correct me if Im wrong) I tought we are aiming for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think Blueflag is drifting slowly to a PVE model where little groups of players coordinate together in isolated areas of the map, well insulated from one another, to capture airbases and slowly turn the map either red or blue.

Its a far fetch from the early rounds where it was a much more intense, competitive affair. If the CAP failed you as a strike package you had legitimate reason to be angry with them. Similarly if the strikers and choppers failed after you fought hard to win CAP you could be rightfully annoyed at them too as a fighter. The battle space was much higher voltage.

That intensity has been lost I feel. Everyone now plodding about their business fairly inconspicously.

However, BF must be what the players want it to be. And as many of you have said there are other dedicated PVP servers.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

Well, I have't played much in the past week and half, but when you are on the underdog team there is a lot of that, you have to rely on GCI and you have to fight for your objectives. I remember two rounds ago when I was coordinating people over ABRO to have CAP so we can capture it, was pretty intense.

There is an element of you're saying, where certain groups *cough* just do their thing.

I am seeing a lot of one sided battles. To me it seems that a lot of people tend to join the team with bigger forces, instead of trying to make a difference.

Or just join Red as they have the same platforms as Blue and more. (literally only the F-15 and Harrier and F-5 are exclusive to Blue. Why do you need an F-5/15 when you got MiG-21 and Su-27s and Mirages, and why do you need a Harrier when you got Su-25s and A-10Cs....)

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

I think Blueflag is drifting slowly to a PVE model where little groups of players coordinate together in isolated areas of the map, well insulated from one another, to capture airbases and slowly turn the map either red or blue.

Its a far fetch from the early rounds where it was a much more intense, competitive affair. If the CAP failed you as a strike package you had legitimate reason to be angry with them. Similarly if the strikers and choppers failed after you fought hard to win CAP you could be rightfully annoyed at them too as a fighter. The battle space was much higher voltage.

That intensity has been lost I feel. Everyone now plodding about their business fairly inconspicously.

However, BF must be what the players want it to be. And as many of you have said there are other dedicated PVP servers.

I hopped on after it cam back, There was 30 players on, I asked in chat if anyone was on SR nothing no reply, I hopped in team speak and it was empty Id prefer it stripped back to round one to four where things were intense, It is what it is.

That intensity has been lost I feel.

Nothing will ever rival BF Round 5!

Hands down the best fun I've ever had in DCS, it felt like everyone in the community was taking part.

Great days, sadly missed! :joystick:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

When we get to running an "actual" round with a defined start and end, I think you'll all get your wish of intensity.

We'll do a proper round after a bit of testing on 2.5, actual kick off time reset, reset stats etc and leave the map off for a few days before start (so we can do secret tweaks :P )

Unfortunately - due to time, bugs and other reasons the mythical round 10 has yet to happen, but it will! :)

After that - we'll tweak the scenario (possibly 50s round we promised a while back) or switch to Nevada for a bit of variety

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

I would like to make a suggestion of trying a closed 3 hour session of BF once a week that would be exclusive event for squads only.

With an organized subscribing to the event beforehand, each squad would choose a squadron of aircraft that they would be in charge of throughout the campaign.

Each squad would be responsible to provide an AWACS controller, each side will have a theatre commander that would outline the strategy to achieve the predetermined objective goals, etc.

Just a thought...

S!

• Like 1

IAF.ViFF

http://www.preflight.us

Israel's Combat Flight Sim Community Website

I would like to make a suggestion of trying a closed 3 hour session of BF once a week that would be exclusive event for squads only.

With an organized subscribing to the event beforehand, each squad would choose a squadron of aircraft that they would be in charge of throughout the campaign.

Each squad would be responsible to provide an AWACS controller, each side will have a theatre commander that would outline the strategy to achieve the predetermined objective goals, etc.

Just a thought...

S!

+1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22