Naming of planes

MAXsenna

Girlfriend is "angry"! (Way beyond that actually). She's bloody f*****g p****d! Because I don't "name" the planes every time I fly them.

Is this something I should be concerned about? Please help!

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

This made me think of a line from Firefly:

"Six men came to kill me one time. And the best of 'em carried this. It's a Callahan full-bore auto-lock. Customized trigger, double cartridge thorough gauge. It is my very favorite gun… This is the best gun made by man. It has extreme sentimental value… I call her Vera."

"Well my time of taking you seriously has certainly come to a middle."

Windows 10 64-bit | Ryzen 9 3900X 4.00GHz (OC) | Asus Strix B450-F | 64GB Corsair Vengeance @ 3000MHz | two Asus GeForce 1070 Founders Edition (second card used for CUDA only) | two Silicon Power 1TB NVMe in RAID-0 | Samsung 32" 1440p Monitor | two ASUS 23" 1080p monitors | ASUS Mixed Reality VR | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind

A-10C Warthog | AV-8B Harrier (N/A) | F/A-18C Hornet | F-16C Viper | F-14B Tomcat | UH-1H Huey | P-51D Mustang | F-86F Saber | Persian Gulf | NTTR

In Elite: Dangerous I've named ships things like FV Amalthea (cargo hauling Python), TCSS Endurance (Diamondback Explorer fitted for exploration) and Got Buns Hun? (Anaconda, get it...?).

Windows 10 64-bit | Ryzen 9 3900X 4.00GHz (OC) | Asus Strix B450-F | 64GB Corsair Vengeance @ 3000MHz | two Asus GeForce 1070 Founders Edition (second card used for CUDA only) | two Silicon Power 1TB NVMe in RAID-0 | Samsung 32" 1440p Monitor | two ASUS 23" 1080p monitors | ASUS Mixed Reality VR | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind

A-10C Warthog | AV-8B Harrier (N/A) | F/A-18C Hornet | F-16C Viper | F-14B Tomcat | UH-1H Huey | P-51D Mustang | F-86F Saber | Persian Gulf | NTTR

Girlfriend is "angry"! (Way beyond that actually). She's bloody f*****g p****d! Because I don't "name" the planes every time I fly them.

Golf Foxtrot 1, Golf Foxtrot 2, Golf Foxtrot 3, etc.... Let her do the math so you can move on to Golf Foxtrot 4 and beyond.

Happy flying!

Short answer, yes you should be.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

Yeah...just name them after ex-girlfriends

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

Didn't know u could name planes. Don't know why you would.

My wife wouldn't care the least bit regardless of what I named mine

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

Haha! Thanks guys!

It was sort of a joke, with some truth in it. I've tried to explain to her, that it's pretty futile to name ones and zeros that changes whenever I use mye computer until I start skinning, I guess. So I might need to teach myself that.

In her case, I guess it's just a product of having to many horses and ponies growing up. She won everything though.

Good part though! She wants to get into DCS, and start beeing mye RIO. "But not like Goose!"

The Naming of planes is a difficult matter,

It isn’t just one of your holiday games;

You may think at first I’m as mad as a hatter

When I tell you, a plane must have THREE DIFFERENT NAMES.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Alternatively you can flip it around, and use the plane's name as a term of endearment. E.g.

"What's for dinner, my dear little *insert aircraft name*"

Possible selections include:

-Warthog

-Frogfoot

-Hind

-Spitfire

-Gazelle

Good luck and I hope your couch is comfortable to sleep on :P

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cockpit Spectator Mode

Alternatively you can flip it around, and use the plane's name as a term of endearment. E.g.

"What's for dinner, my dear little *insert aircraft name*"

Possible selections include:

-Warthog

-Frogfoot

-Hind

-Spitfire

-Gazelle

Good luck and I hope your couch is comfortable to sleep on :P

Maybe not a bad idea, depends though. Hehe She adores the Spit, intrigued by the Hog. Watched a video of brrrrrrrrrp the other day. Tried to read your post to her, but she's too busy reading a biography of Hermann Göring for me, (She's really into WWII), in the couch.