DCS: MiG-23MLA by RAZBAM

MrDieing

Zhukov, where are your emotions? I am sure Bogjey Jammer just loves the F-15 the same way I love the MiG-23. So every little sign of his F15 will make him melt like a man in love can melt ;)

Zhukov has no emotions, it is known.

3rd Wing | 55th Black Alligators * BA-33

Εις ανηρ ουδεις ανηρ

It's a newsletter written in spare time. Stop assuming boogeymen and ''pressures'' and treat it like what it is ''a video game newsletter''.

But internally, DCS is just not a game, it's a business.

Aren't yankees supposed to see threats from everything and be always pressuring others when it comes to business ? :megalol:

Seriously the word targeted I used is not supposed to be aggressive, I think it's a translation problem. Anyway Razbam posted WIP screenshots of many aircraft types, I'm just curious about their current fate.

I'll buy :

МиГ-23МЛД & МЛА МиГ-27К МиГ-25 Mirage III F-4E any IJ plane 1950' Korea Dynamic campaign module

But internally, DCS is just not a game, it's a business.

Aren't yankees supposed to see threats from everything and be always pressuring others when it comes to business ? :megalol:

Seriously the word targeted I used is not supposed to be aggressive, I think it's a translation problem. Anyway Razbam posted WIP screenshots of many aircraft types, I'm just curious about their current fate.

You're probably right =) But I'm not a Yankee! Them's fightin' words -_-

Zhukov has no emotions, it is known.

Nonsense, rage is an emotion, and I certainly derive satisfaction from hearing the lamentations of my enemies ;)

Edited by zhukov032186

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

I hope not, unless they are really HARD AT WORK and surely WILL EXCEED EXPECTATIONS

4 solutions :

1. ED is trolling us because it is very likely that Razbam have made no progress on the F-15E
  2. ED is trolling Razbam, put a lot of pressure into them, and make them lose face if the F-15E is not delivered as expected
  3. ED is naive, believes that Santa Claus really exists and Razbam got magic superpowers recently
  4. ED is right because Razbam has been secretly working ultra efficiently on the F-15E module that is about to be released almost completed this year

:D

:thumbup:

I hope its #1 honestly, I don't want another half assed incomplete for years module.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

i dont get it, you will wait years regardless so whats the difference? unhappy you were somehow unable to control the money leaking out from your wallet?

how its it anyone else's fault you guys have zero self control? tell me.

I’d quite like to know what sort of texture and sound quality we’ll be getting with the 23, how will it compare the the 19?

E.g. sound realism and tex resolution.

It seems that Overstratos has some access to in service, flying MiG-23's so hopefully the sounds will be good off the bat

Yeah, but the reply I got on which modules are coming this year specifically I was told to ask the specific 3rd party for release details. So who knows.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

No rush. I want properly finished module on release with reasonable level of bugs and as much as possible feature complete. Not really a fan of the early access approach.

"See, to me that's a stupid instrument. It tells what your angle of attack is. If you don't know you shouldn't be flying." - Chuck Yeager, from the back seat of F-15D at age 89.

=RvE=

Remember someone the Mig-19P was on the same situation, waiting about a "aproval". Meanwhile, that can change on 2020 if RAZBAM "Cuban Team" follow the develop of the Mig-23 module.
Again! There is no Cuban team. A team has two or more members. Last time I checked, Overstratos was only one person.

Sent from my MiG-29S (9-13S) using Tapatalk

:megalol:

No rush. I want properly finished module on release with reasonable level of bugs and as much as possible feature complete. Not really a fan of the early access approach.

+1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello gentlemen

I recently watched a lenghty video about the Constant Peg usaf program to test mig 17, 21 and 23 (could be one of those Gaillard Peck youtube presentation). The retired american pilot said (not exact quote) :

"The mig 17 and 21 were great fighters and could pose a real threat to any allied counterpart of their time. The mig 23 wasnt really dangerous as it could barely turn"

Here's my genuine question from someone who doesn't know much about the Mig 23:

I think most players enjoy DCS for the dogfighting part of the game so what is drawing so many people (at least in this thread) to this aircraft ? Did it have great BVR capability ? High thrust/weight ratio ?

I'm a bit skeptical about its usefulness in a multiplayer environment if it's modeled accurately.

Cheers

The Constant Peg Mig-23s were earlier variants that indeed had terrible turning capability, not MLAs. The MLA is not amazing in that area, but to be honest the F-5, Mig-19 and Mig-21bis are not amazing either, yet they are deadly if handled correctly.

It did have decent BVR capability (roughly comparable to a Phantom), and incredible performance.

And finally, whether an aircraft is good at airquake or not is irrelevant to whether said aircraft makes a good DCS module or not.

It's incredibly goddamn fast. That's its main strength

It has decent for the time BVR capabilities, a really quite good loiter time compared to the 21 if you fly it that way.

The MLA supposedly has... acceptable turn performance but they did try to increase the turn performance again with the MLD variant at the expense of some top end speed by giving it high lift devices on the wings.

It's essentially a boom and zoom fighter if you want to think of it that way.

Think of the MiG-23MLA as a single-seat, single engine equivalent to an unslatted F-4E Phantom with less drag and a higher thrust-to-weight ratio. The MLD is like a slatted F-4E with less drag and a highter thrust-to-weight ratio. MiG-23 vs F-4 is a fairly well-matched fight, though the MiG-23 has some clear advantages in acceleration and climb.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

IRST, I know it’s likely crap, but it will be put to use and may be the thing that decides a fight every once in a while. First pulse Doppler Soviet plane, even the MiG-25 ended up using a scaled up MiG-23 radar, the RP-25 compared to RP-23.

It will excel as the extension of air defense and with GCI and even Lazur datalink it might be deadlier then people often give it credit for

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

It's incredibly goddamn fast. That's its main strength

It has decent for the time BVR capabilities, a really quite good loiter time compared to the 21 if you fly it that way.

The MLA supposedly has... acceptable turn performance but they did try to increase the turn performance again with the MLD variant at the expense of some top end speed by giving it high lift devices on the wings.

It's essentially a boom and zoom fighter if you want to think of it that way.

Basically this. I'd rather have the MLD since that was the ultimate turn-n-burn mig23, but it wasn't really exported and came late in the cold war. The MLA is probably the best one to do as it was exported and quite capable, and had about a decade of service in the cold war. It should have really good acceleration, top end speed and decent BVR performance. Think of it similar to a M2k that can't turn-n-burn as well the R-23/24 missiles were ballpark comparable to sparrows or the later AA-10's including long range IR homers and had LOAL capability.

Constant peg had much earlier export level mig23's to work with, which were inferior to the MLA in many ways.

I think for DCS there is be this big gap between the near contemporary gen4 fighters circa the early 2000's and the 50-80's era russian planes (mig 15-23), hopefully those holes get plugged with the F4E and Mirage F1 and F8J and FRS1 harrier when they show up.

Edited by Harlikwin

Hello gentlemen

I recently watched a lenghty video about the Constant Peg usaf program to test mig 17, 21 and 23 (could be one of those Gaillard Peck youtube presentation). The retired american pilot said (not exact quote) :

"The mig 17 and 21 were great fighters and could pose a real threat to any allied counterpart of their time. The mig 23 wasnt really dangerous as it could barely turn"

Here's my genuine question from someone who doesn't know much about the Mig 23:

I think most players enjoy DCS for the dogfighting part of the game so what is drawing so many people (at least in this thread) to this aircraft ? Did it have great BVR capability ? High thrust/weight ratio ?

I'm a bit skeptical about its usefulness in a multiplayer environment if it's modeled accurately.

Cheers

Like many aircraft, the MiG-23 went through many iterations during its career. The early versions were less capable and had some definite issues, but these were progressively weeded out. The MLA/MLD versions were quite a bit lighter and much more maneuverable than the early versions.

The MLD was rated around 8gs, if I remember, which is pretty respectable! Not sure how well it would sustain that. In many ways, performancewise it should be similar to a Tomcat, but with one big difference : the Tomcats wings were automatic and could move under load meaning the Tomcat was always primed for the moment. Afaik the 23 could not sweep under G load, which means it can easily get caught in a sub-optimal configuration at an awkward moment. I expect being forced to unload to shift configuration will be a make or break moment in many fights.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2