F18. Point of situation

wolf74

Hi.

I've just purchased the F18 and although in preset missions and training it's fine.

In using it in mission editor, the damn thing won't accelerate to flying speed on the runway and if by some miracle, you do get airborne, it's just above stalling speed in max reheat.

I've pressed FCS reset and retrimmed etc, but to no avail.

Any help would be appreciated.

Kind regards

Kiwi

Weight? Drag? Temperature? Windspeed? Wind Direction? TakeOff Direction?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F Gaming, Intel Core i7 9700k , 32gb Corsair DDR4-3200

Asus RTX 2070 super, Samsung 970 EVO Plus M2, Win10 64bit, Acer XZ321QU (WQHD)

TM HOTAS Warthog, SAITEK Rudder Pedals, TIR 5

Kiwi,

it sounds like your afterburner never engaged, and then you pulled the nose too far above the horizon to build speed.

from the home screen, click the settings gear up top, and find the "Special" tab for the F/A-18C. There's an option named "Afterburner Detent." Depending on how it's set you will only be able to active AB with a button in all/certain/none conditions. The afterburner selection in the real jet can be somewhat complicated.

F-16 don't have any good weapons for this moment. No maveriks for example...

But F-16 have TWS, ok TGP for now.

LOL.

No the f16 is far far worse shape than the hornet in most regards and about at an equal level for A/A. The viper Tpod "effects" are better but it doesnt work at all like the real tpod in terms of hud symbology. It should'nt need to locked to a WP and slew a WP around like it does now.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

I’d say the biggest item missing is a proper Data Cartridge functionality. Actually more important than the A-G radar but often overlooked. We need a flight planning menu. Not only for setting ECM but for creating waypoints and target points.

Been flying the JF-17 recently and it is a night and day difference! Within a minute you have created and uploaded a complete ”mission” to fly. No more F10-back to UFC-F10-UFC punching in coordinates. Data Cartridge is also essential for pre planned strikes in MP. With 30+ players there is a very big chance that the target area has already been obliterated by the time you have created all your waypoints and target points.

I’d say the biggest item missing is a proper Data Cartridge functionality. Actually more important than the A-G radar but often overlooked. We need a flight planning menu. Not only for setting ECM but for creating waypoints and target points.

Been flying the JF-17 recently and it is a night and day difference! Within a minute you have created and uploaded a complete ”mission” to fly. No more F10-back to UFC-F10-UFC punching in coordinates. Data Cartridge is also essential for pre planned strikes in MP. With 30+ players there is a very big chance that the target area has already been obliterated by the time you have created all your waypoints and target points.

So we need MUMI page ASAP...

..:NAVY PILOTS ARE THE THE BEST PILOTS:..

Before we need new features, we need some of the present systems finished.

That way one could learn them and have that item on the syllabus checked instead of constantly having to come back for changes or feature adds.

At least my style of learning / training would benefit from a feature complete system/weapon-module-introduction.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F Gaming, Intel Core i7 9700k , 32gb Corsair DDR4-3200

Asus RTX 2070 super, Samsung 970 EVO Plus M2, Win10 64bit, Acer XZ321QU (WQHD)

TM HOTAS Warthog, SAITEK Rudder Pedals, TIR 5

Yeah i agree, after flying the jeff online and just being able to upload an an actual flight plan and target points in a minute or two going back to the hornet/harrier/(not viper) and doing it manually sucks. That being said the whole f10 markpoint system needs updating. There desperately need to be at least public and private markpoints, i dint need to see a million wpt markers that arent my own. Or at least color code them.

I actually dont use the AG radar much on the jeff. Naval strikes mainly.

Edited by Harlikwin

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

• 2 weeks later...
From: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3285514&postcount=13

I might have gotten some parts wrong though ...

Sensors:

• A/A radar with RWS, STT, and ACM modes (complete)

Weapons:

• Mk-82 series (complete)
  • Mk-83 series (complete)
  • Mk-84 series (complete)
  • CBU-99 and Mk-20 Cluster Bombs (complete)
  • BDU-33 Training Bomb (complete)
  • BDU-45 Training Bomb (complete)
  • 2.75 inch rockets (complete)
  • 5 inch rockets (complete)
  • 20mm cannon (complete)
  • AIM-9L/M and CATM Sidewinder (complete)
  • AIM-7F/M Sparrow (complete)

Following the early access release, we plan to include many more sensors, weapons, and decoys for the final product. Please note that this list is also subject to change:

Sensors:

• A/A radar with TWS, SCAN RAID, AZ/EL (WIP)
  • A/G radar with MAP, EXP1, EXP2, EXP3, SEA, GMT, PVU, AGR, IRA, and TA (no)
  • AN/ASQ-228 ATFLIR Targeting Pod (WIP)
  • Joint Helmet Mounted Cueing System (JHMCS) (mostly complete?)
  • Link-16 (mostly complete?)
  • AWW-13 Datalink Pod (mostly complete?)
  • NVGs (complete)

Weapons:

• AGM-88C HARM (WIP)
  • AGM-45A/B Shrike (no)
  • AGM-84D Block 1C Harpoon (mostly complete?)
  • AGM-84E SLAM (no)
  • AGM-84H/K SLAM-ER (no)
  • AGM-65E Maverick (complete)
  • AGM-65F Maverick (complete)
  • AGM-154A JSOW (complete)
  • AGM-154C JSOW (complete)
  • Walleye I ER/DL
  • Walleye II ER/DL (complete)
  • GBU-10 Paveway II (complete)
  • GBU-12 Paveway II (complete)
  • GBU-16 Paveway II (complete)
  • GBU-24B/B Paveway III (no)
  • GBU-38 JDAM (complete, subject to change)
  • GBU-31 JDAM (complete, subject to change)
  • GBU-32 JDAM (complete, subject to change)
  • AIM-9X Sidewinder (complete)
  • AIM-7P Sparrow (complete)
  • AIM-120B/C AMRAAM (complete)
  • Mk-40 Destructor Sea Mine (no)
  • Mk-63 Quickstrike Sea Mine (no)
  • Mk-77 Fire Bomb (no)

Decoys:

• ADM-141 TALD (no)
  • GEN-X (no)

That's very cool, thanks!

System HW: i9-9900K @5ghz, MSI 11GB RTX-2080-Ti Trio, G-Skill 32GB RAM, Reverb HMD, Steam VR, TM Warthog Hotas Stick & Throttle, TM F/A-18 Stick grip add-on, TM TFRP pedals. SW: 2.5.6 OB

That's very cool, thanks!

Its kinda wrong IMO, alot of the "mostly complete" should probably just read as partly modeled. The most useful of the HARM and Harpoon modes aren't even in game yet. Same for the HMCS, Tpod stuff.

Alot of the "Green" is there is something here, but its still in-process IMO.

Cluster bombs have no Height of Function and unsure if skeets and general bomb fuzing are properly modeled. Nothing on ECM yet. Several Link 16 features absent. Completing all this over next 12 months presents quite a challenge. Oh, yeah, no mention of cloaking feature.

The CBU-99 HOF is selected on the ground, not in the air. One thing that kinda bothers me though is that the 3D model of both Mk 20 and CBU-99 shows an Mk 339 mechanical fuze, but works like a FMU-140 electrical fuze (confirmed in the DCS manual). For the record, the FMU-140 allows two different pilot options (selectable in-flight): 1. Canister opens at the ground-selected HOF (use MFUZ = VT in DCS, although there is a weird ~1.2 seconds delay), or 2. Canister opens 1.2 seconds after release (use MFUZ = PRI in DCS).

Sure, they could give the option of selecting the height of burst on the ground, and do the same with the laser code and the rockets single/ripple (currently in the ME for the latter), and probably a few other things too.

As for incomplete features, (A)INS modeling should be on the list too.

Im still on work and can`t check the OB updates. Is there any improvments on Hornet today - like tgp indication on the HUD, etc? We have been waiting for some new tgp stuff for almost half a year....

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/news/changelog/openbeta/2.5.5.41962/

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Im still on work and can`t check the OB updates. Is there any improvments on Hornet today - like tgp indication on the HUD, etc? We have been waiting for some new tgp stuff for almost half a year....

No TGP stuff. Mostly A/A fixes.