Regarding the new Subs in DCS

carss

So since we have new Submarines in DCS, can the Subs have underwater capabilities and sub warfare in the near future? Possibly even open the doors for stuff like maritime patrol aircraft like the P-3 to be in DCS too.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Planes: FC3, P-51, F-86, F-5E, Mirage 2000, F/A-18, F-14, F-16, Mig-19P :joystick:

ED pls gib A-4 and F-4 :cry:

It's in game, also mentioned in Silverdragons weekly videos. I think these will only be useful once 2.5 hits and transparent water with depth arrives. Though he did say the animation is present for the torpedo tubes. So you can infer what you like without an official statement, and I infer that yes submarine warfare will be a thing. Also there are sub launched missiles in games too. That will be cool. Lots of cool stuff on the way and that's just the stuff that we could guess at. (by the way, I know nothing for sure)

Whatsmore, it all fits with a Naval theme that continues. So I hope people like the water. We have programmable antishipping missiles and the Viggen, we have new subs, we have new missiles, we have new carriers on the way, we have sea with depth and transparency, we have WW2 landing craft, we have straits of Hormuz, we have an F-18C Hornet all on the way so it's time to get all wet.

Edited by Pikey
just couldnt hold my excitement back ...

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Did I miss something? What new submarines do you speak of? Have you links or pictures?

Haven't you seen the latest update? There are two Russian Kilo Subs, this is one of them......

wfSIMAa.jpg

I also hope we get an American sub like this too. This model here has all the animations

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Planes: FC3, P-51, F-86, F-5E, Mirage 2000, F/A-18, F-14, F-16, Mig-19P :joystick:

Well that and the old model was.... errr.... ehhhh..... really really really old. Suffice to say one of them needed an update, and the Kilo was picked. Probably helped that Kilo is more modern. Donno when the Tango will get updated.

oldSub.jpg.658bdb2113b0ec8c846fa01ac9f2a456.jpg

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Chizh talk on the russian forum the submerged and firing capability on the Kilo 636 and 877 coming later (the 877 has animated torpedo tubes door, reload platform connector, rudders, propellers and antennas (periscopes, snorkel, radio, etc) animated.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3038270&postcount=3908

The other Kilo 877

16179577_1379947305360487_8233316401502884084_o.jpg?oh=05e03b351317431189c02d6766331947&oe=5917D854

Actually on DCS: World has two submarine launcher anti-ship missile in use by Kilo submarines.

3M-54E Club-S

14991236_1291695114185707_6895297786624272640_o.jpg?oh=3c1db9b0f5ae20e6854f8ab16385aeaf&oe=593E2C27

3M-54E-1 Club-S

14991410_1291695117519040_8124789987608575972_o.jpg?oh=a89801d194acddb0d1c190befc678422&oe=59446B94

The "main" problem of a Tango sub, if make at same level of kilo (with all animations), and implement the capability to firing anti-ship missiles submerged, can require build torpedoes (SET-65, 53-65K, USET-80) to "equalise" with the Kilo weapons (and get Kilos torpedoes and mines capabilities) but can require improvements on the DCS: W engine.

Kilo:

http://russianships.info/eng/submarines/project_877.htm

Tango:

http://russianships.info/eng/submarines/project_641b.htm

Not bad see USA / Western SSK/SSNs to "equalise" with the submarines on Caucasus / SoH <== a very good Theatre to a Kilo.

A Perspective:

Caucasus:

-Turkey:

Type 209/1200, Type 209T1/1400, Type 209T2/1400:

-Bulgarian (decomised)

Romeo (Project 633)

-Rumania

Kilo class (Project 877)

-Ukrania

Foxtrot class (Project 541) (decomised /captured by Russia)

There's a very good ASW script for choppers. Actually, one of the most impressive one I have seen, with temp layers, simulated sono buoys, mic array, simulated depth charge, graphs,... Don't know if you guys tried it. Of course, you never see the sub you are chasing as it is supposed to be submerged (at best you can ask the script to show its position with flares popping out of the water every second). Would be awesome indeed to have built in ASW capability (and a DCS KA-27 module, but I am dreaming here).

@Silver_Dragon: Do you think there is any chance of adding the new Kilo subs to other navys in DCS like Chinese Navy or Indian Navy. Also for American Subs, why not try the LA class attack subs?

As for Sub warfare, is there a possibility of seeing underwater expansions and features in future of DCS world? And can this possibly be implemented to the new Caucasus map?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

@Silver_Dragon: Do you think there is any chance of adding the new Kilo subs to other navys in DCS like Chinese Navy or Indian Navy. Also for American Subs, why not try the LA class attack subs?

As for Sub warfare, is there a possibility of seeing underwater expansions and features in future of DCS world? And can this possibly be implemented to the new Caucasus map?

SD does not work for ED. All he knows is what ED is telling us. I would not hold my breath for realistic sub warfare, especially in the Caucasus (since, as currently implemented, water goes underneath all of the land and there are no currents.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

• 3 months later...
Well that and the old model was.... errr.... ehhhh..... really really really old. Suffice to say one of them needed an update, and the Kilo was picked. Probably helped that Kilo is more modern. Donno when the Tango will get updated.

I wonder if any US subs would be added like Sea Wolf class or Los Angeles class attack subs

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 years later...

or access to the various roomd so it could be controlled by users

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

I'd be okay if they could just submerge and fire the SLCMs currently present in the encyclopedia/model viewer.

AFAIK Wags said underwater weapons would be coming in the future (probably far than near), the Hornet is scheduled to get the Mk-40 bottom, influence mine (essentially a conversion of a Mk-83)

Edited by Northstar98

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

I would urge for quite some work to go into the surface vessels of DCS prior to getting into submarine warfare, as most of that leaves a lot to be desired and the surface vessels are far more relevant to the flight simulator part.

Submarines sure would be great, I love them. But if the only interaction I can have with them is a missile (or F-15, little shout-out to Xilon) shooting out of the water, I somehow feel that accurately modelling them is a bit of a waste of time.

Modelling submarines will be another world in DCS. They would not have too much interaction with aircraft, yes. However, submarine simulators are something very interesting on their own especially for modern subs. If DCS included this aspect of warfare, it would become a real beast in the combat simulator franchise.

I would urge for quite some work to go into the surface vessels of DCS prior to getting into submarine warfare, as most of that leaves a lot to be desired and the surface vessels are far more relevant to the flight simulator part.

Submarines sure would be great, I love them. But if the only interaction I can have with them is a missile (or F-15, little shout-out to Xilon) shooting out of the water, I somehow feel that accurately modelling them is a bit of a waste of time.

Agreed and :megalol:

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

Modelling submarines will be another world in DCS. They would not have too much interaction with aircraft, yes. However, submarine simulators are something very interesting on their own especially for modern subs. If DCS included this aspect of warfare, it would become a real beast in the combat simulator franchise.

Submarine warfare is certainly interesting, but I don't think we'll anything but the bare minimum of it in DCS any time soon. And I'm OK with this because DCS is resource heavy as it is. Having some elements, just to make them seem believable from the air, is enough for me. If the next iteration of DCS can utilize multiple cores better though, that's another story and it would open up a lot of opportunities.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro