Mission Editor Help

Bradader

Is there anyone how could help with the 2009 edition of A-10C WARTHOG.

Who knows the Mission Editor inside out.

I'm trying to make AIR T AIR Refuel training exercise.

every thing is going wrong from speed ,orbit , weather, time.

i have read the DCS A-10C GUI MANUAL,

seems to be bit buggy probably more of my input than anything else.

regards, Bradader

check the manual for DCS World not the A-10C manual. I can't recall that far back if they split them out or where the locations were. in the last 9 years so much has changed that it is hard to imagine what the changes were after that long. That version would have been around 1.1.1.1 times and pre DCSWorld.

I've got to ask... with all the benefits of 9 years of development....why?

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Probably could help out here (as a last resort as I am a bit busy these days), so to be clear you want an Air to Air Refueling mission done that is compatible with the DCS A-10c v1.1.1.1.

Find mission attached, nothing flash, just the basics

Regards, Ian.

AAR for A-10c_1111.miz

Edited by MadDog-IC
added mission file

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

Yes please Ian, Thanks I see y have oculus rift how is it in the a-10 these days has there been any improvement ? remember your talk to someone stuck in 2009 :)

Edited by Bradader
not finnished

check the manual for DCS World not the A-10C manual. I can't recall that far back if they split them out or where the locations were. in the last 9 years so much has changed that it is hard to imagine what the changes were after that long. That version would have been around 1.1.1.1 times and pre DCSWorld.

I've got to ask... with all the benefits of 9 years of development....why?

like games on disk not computer savvy, I'm ok but as far as the net go's useless :((

IS the speed in AIRPLANE GROUP panel IAS OR GROUNDSPEED

Always ground speed I belief, so you have to take into account what altitude you place your tanker at.

I just guess a bit here and there, sometime I do the conversions properly but not often.

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

IS the speed in AIRPLANE GROUP panel IAS OR GROUNDSPEED

As Ian says always ground speed. The reason being that it is the only common speed for all the airplanes no matter at what altitude they are, what is the wind etc.

Be careful though as some things in ME are not intuitive - the wind setting is opposite than the one in game (to as opposed to from) and all the altitudes you set in the triggers (but not waypoints) are in meters :)

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

The problem with using ground speed for a tanker in a mission, is that if the wind at height is, say, 30 kts, your tanker could be going 60 kts faster along one leg that along the reciprocal.

A very approximate guide is that TAS = IAS x (1 + (Altitude in 1000s of ft x 0.02)). This gives an accuracy of better than 5-10%.

For example I like my tanker flying around 200 kias at 18,000 ft.

This requires a TAS of 200 x (1 + (18 x 0.02). Which is 272kts.

• 3 weeks later...