Developer jailed in US for smuggling F-16 manuals

RaceFuel85

While I understand he might have crossed a line, going full bananas like that on the guy is just overkill.

As for the F22/35 thing, who wouldn't want a peek? I know I wouldn't report finding the manuals and keep them if I found one on the ground.

It's the U.S. political climate right now.

Not to mention he appears to have broken laws. Espionage?

Pretty serious thing for a law-abiding country no matter what his intentions.

Edited by Catseye

Couple of things, I am a little uncertain if it is even okay to post this now. But the thread and forum user are named in the court documents anyway, I hope this is not a further breach of privacy. The thread is actually still archived here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=76003

For me, it reads very plausible that this is not a state sponsored spy act, but rather childlike naivety in the face of real danger. You can read it in the interaction especially after post #6. Yes, after the fact you can argue how you could have seen this coming, but can everyone of you honestly look into the mirror and say they couldn't **** up like that?

I don't know about ED, I guess for them this is a nightmare on many levels, but anyway I still would like to support the guy. Even if it is only knowing that people out there believe him & think of him, even if it is only lip service from another continent. But sitting there, in another country, with a huge prison sentence over your head, can only be terrible experience on every human level.

So before you guys post callous stuff, please consider what this means, for a human life, friends, family, colleagues.

Another thing, from the linked legal document page 7: "e. from January 1, 2012 through September 17, 2015, TISHENKO repeatedly auctioned F-16A flight manuals, including the F-16A Fault Reporting Manual and the F-16A General Vehicle Description, on DVD to individuals located in Cyprus, Japan, Netherlands, Australia, Germany, and Taiwan." <- Typos my own.

Could this actually mean there might be more people caught up in this / target of the investigation?

Another thing, from the linked legal document page 7: "e. from January 1, 2012 through September 17, 2015, TISHENKO repeatedly auctioned F-16A flight manuals, including the F-16A Fault Reporting Manual and the F-16A General Vehicle Description, on DVD to individuals located in Cyprus, Japan, Netherlands, Australia, Germany, and Taiwan." <- Typos my own.

Could this actually mean there might be more people caught up in this / target of the investigation?

On the bright side, this is him selling them off on eBay to random people, and shouldn't get ED in any more shit with the US government than it already is. I get the impression that, with stuff like the extreme crackdown on 1.16 recently, some USG entities have been in contact with ED ever since the indictment was unsealed and have set forth some very strict rules to stay in compliance with ITAR and remain eligible for future US contracts. Otherwise we probably wouldn't be seeing continued Hornet and Viper progress after his arrest.

• ED Team

Given the seriousness of this situation that Eagle Dynamics got pulled into, we will later issue a formal statement after discussion with legal counsel. Until then, nothing has changed with our future plans, and there is nothing more to say on this matter until we release an official statement.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png