Ground Pounder Terrain(Beta) - Release -

rockwelder

logophpbbgifci3.jpg

screenshot005od7.jpg

This pack is a Beta Zer0 Release... so

1. Report any graphical errors.

2. Report general issues.

3. Suggestions welcome.

I am not responsible for srewing up your install - If your not sure about installing this pack then do not.

Modman version

availible

LockonFiles http://www.lockonfiles.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=NewDownloadsDate&selectdate=1189286311#newdlstart

Update

To reduce lines or ghosting Here is the updated noise texture - just drop it in the temp textures folder to over write the old one.

http://www.mediafire.com/?2mswfs9mzxb

Better trees and low level textures.

Install - Place all textures in your Temp Textures Folder

Uninstall - Delete the installed textures from your Temp Textures Folder.

Issues

- Symetrical effect of trees looks odd at angles (ED Design)

- Textures are larger than default - you may notice a slight FPS hit.

- Longer load times (bigger textures)

- Lines from stronger grass texture effect.

- The ground grass texture has proper scale with advaced haze setting only(ED Design).

Author Recommends - Use Teka Teka's tree mod with this pack to get the full effect.

Thanks for your help

159th_Viper

ThomasDWeiss

Teka Teka

Rocky

• Like 3

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top man Rocky!

They look great, I just took a quick spin in the hills, and the biggest thing for me is the grass, it adds so much depth...

Excellent work :thumbup:

• Like 1

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes .... from stronger grass effect. The new NOISE_SMALL.tga , in the pack, is causing this effect.

...something that can not be avoided if you like the stronger grass effect ...one has to put up with the slight lines.. I can take it out of the pack if it bugs too many people.

I personally dont like the noise texture... but the high quality trees are good... thanks for the mod.

Mate, have some respect please... Have you any idea how long it took poor old igor to mow the entire region with his little ride on mower? :megalol:

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The noise texture gives away the impression of a patern which takes back the realism it added in the first place.

43892206mt7.jpg

IMHO, due to this self cancelation it doesn't add much. maybe if more than one type of noise textures could be use... things would look a bit different.

The "Symetrical effect of trees looks odd at angles (ED Design)" thing I suppose it's refering to this:

46942398oc1.jpg

Maybe if you make more "clearer" the trunk of the tree in the midlle... the one made from half of tree, the issue would be less visible?

And, I suppose the beta covers just one season, because the trees looks the same in all four seasons. Am I right, or I did something wrong?

springce3.jpg

summer01qr2.jpg

autumn01qb6.jpg

winter01lq1.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

The only problem was was that i could not install it with modman, had to do it manually.

Managed to get around that issue by converting the pack to a Modman Add-On - works a treat now!

Excellent Work Rocky - Grass Texture and Trees are Brilliant! What more can a GroundPounder ask for :D

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Managed to get around that issue by converting the pack to a Modman Add-On - works a treat now!

Excellent Work Rocky - Grass Texture and Trees are Brilliant! What more can a GroundPounder ask for :D

I will need a Little help with the modman packing I guess ... Those who are interested in helping packing this mod; I will give you full credit...

Next Beta will have seasons in .cdds format - as well, the grass texture will be a seperate download.

Rocky - Uploading Modman Pack atm. Will let you have link as soon as - No Credit Needed:)

• Like 1

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

As well to help with the grass lines issue adjust your graphics .cfg to reflect the red numbered areas..

Gives higher contrast and detail as it allows more of the base terrain texture to show.

perSquare = 5;

perSquare2 = 150;

front = 1000;

back = 10000;

top = 2500;

map_high = 20000;

bottom = 2000;

noisemax = 0.9;

noisemin = 0.7;

The "Ground Pounder Terrain Beta.rar" version of the mod installed with modman flawlessly. The zip version from the other link didn't worked.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

sometimes I wonder why I go thru the trouble of updating the work of others who don't even post about it at our Forums.

If it creates hassle for you please do not host it... it is a beta and it seems right now that there are issues to work out...

Rocky, I got an email about your add-on not working, I re-packaged it , as it is a beta - if you don't want to have it hosted let me know and I'll delete it.

If you have a working package up... you can host it..Thanks and sorry for the trouble.

I Will make a Special release for you to make up for not posting a release.

The "Symetrical effect of trees looks odd at angles (ED Design)" thing I suppose it's refering to this:

46942398oc1.jpg

Maybe if you make more "clearer" the trunk of the tree in the midlle... the one made from half of tree, the issue would be less visible?

I don't see anything wrong with these trees. In fact they look impressively realistic in their oddity