[MISSING TRACK FILE] F/A-18C NOT STRAPPING UP ON CATAPULT

N0as

Hello,

I have a question regarding an issue I experience with the F-18. Are the any known reports of people not being able to hook up to the catapult since the last update? I run through my checklist that's been working for a year, press "U" but it won't hook up. I got all the parameters right, tried to rebind it but it just won't strap up. I talked to a féw guys in ingame chat and they experience the same problem.

Present workaround: tune carrier ATC and request T/O hit "u" again and voila it´s hooked plus deflectors go up.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]my rig specs: i7-4790K CPU 4.50GHz, 32GB RAM, 64bit WIN10, NVidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti, SSD+

A10C, UH-1H, M2C, F5E, Gazelle, KA 50, F18C, DCS 2.5x OB

Try connecting to CAT 3 after taking off and landing on ship to really have some fun.... yeah, still broken after update today.

(Update- sometimes you don’t even have to takeoff and land, first time hookup to 3 will launch you- it’s intermittent. And both SP and MP. I’ll upload a track...)

I can't post track in more than one thread, but here's a link to the thread where I just posted my track...

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=263442&page=3

:cry:

Edited by Sickdog

TM Warthog, Oculus Rift, Win10...

Yes, this is an issue. You now have to be quite properly lined up with the catapult, no longer can be aft of it at all (which I am completely ok with as that is how it should be).

However, even when on the correct frequency for the carrier, requesting startup - it often doesn't give you the option of requesting taxi to "runway" and often times requires multiple depressions of the "hook up key" which is U on the keyboard for factory binding.

Also, if you then retract the launch bar after being hooked up to the catapult - it will disconnect you from the launch bar. Not sure if that is correct IRL behavior, as we don't have the hold back bar currently and I have never launched from a carrier in real life (but could be somewhat sure that I have seen in cockpit videos of pilots toggling the launch bar back to the retract position after being hooked up to the catapult).

Cheers,

Don

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Tap U about three times and it works.

Tapping twice gets the ATC to tell you to taxi back to the ramp. Pressing a 3rd time hooks up to the catapult.

This is exactly what it takes. Double tap of U (quickly) is what it takes to get the call to taxi to parking, then a single press of U to get the cat to hook up.

I can never understand why these types of things get labeled as "missing track file" or replied with "please post a track." This is incredibly easy to replicate, and can be tested in just as quick of time. I imagine that the devs/mods are currently using the new super carrier in their builds and are just unaware of this issue as they are "busy." That being said, things are being dropped, and in a relatively big way right now - a trend that really can't (or shouldn't) continue on the current direction. My .02, as someone who has alpha and beta tested numerous games.

I, along with numerous other people have experienced this issue and is clearly not an isolated incident.

Cheers,

Don

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

• ED Team

Hi all

Not connecting on Cat 3 or being thrown from the cat has been reported.

It may well be connected to this issue.

The current tracks provided do not play back correctly or contain user mods unfortunately.

If you do have a short track replay that clearly shows the issue we will be happy to take a look

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hi all

Not connecting on Cat 3 or being thrown from the cat has been reported.

It may well be connected to this issue.

The current tracks provided do not play back correctly or contain user mods unfortunately.

If you do have a short track replay that clearly shows the issue we will be happy to take a look

thank you

CAT 1 and CAT 2 are the same for the hookup issue. I have disabled track file writing with my autoexec.cfg file - working to fix some of the stutters and stop from writing huge files to my PC. It's easy to replicate. Very easy. Haven't launched from CAT 3, so cannot comment on that one.

CAT 1 and CAT 2 are the same every single time. There depressions of the U key to get the aircraft's launch bar to hook up to the catapult. Two in quick succession, you will then get the radio instruction to taxi to parking area - then a single depression of U to get hooked up to the CAT.

I run zero mods, vanilla DCS.

Cheers,

Don

CAT 1 and CAT 2 are the same for the hookup issue. I have disabled track file writing with my autoexec.cfg file - working to fix some of the stutters and stop from writing huge files to my PC. It's easy to replicate. Very easy. Haven't launched from CAT 3, so cannot comment on that one.

CAT 1 and CAT 2 are the same every single time. There depressions of the U key to get the aircraft's launch bar to hook up to the catapult. Two in quick succession, you will then get the radio instruction to taxi to parking area - then a single depression of U to get hooked up to the CAT.

I run zero mods, vanilla DCS.

Cheers,

Don

Hey everyone,

Here’s my take on this. ED is preparing for Supercarrier. The coding is for that module. Until it comes out, we just have to deal with it. Tired of reading it everywhere, so here’s the work around until ED is ready to release SC...

First takeoff...

1. Request takeoff.

2. Abort takeoff.

3. Hook up to catapult.

4. Takeoff.

After landing...

1. Request startup.

2. Request takeoff.

3. Abort takeoff.

4. Hook up to catapult.

5. Takeoff.

I have tested this on MP and SP. Only takes 10 seconds. Works every time.

Happy flying!

F/A-18C Hornet, i9 9900K OC 5.0G, 1TB Intel 660 M.2 SSD, Z390 Aorus Pro, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB, GeForce RTX 2080TI, TM Warthog HOTAS, TM T-Rudder, Oculus Rift S, Open Wheeler GEN2 Sim Chair w/ Warthog Upgrade.

Hey everyone,

Here’s my take on this. ED is preparing for Supercarrier. The coding is for that module. Until it comes out, we just have to deal with it. Tired of reading it everywhere, so here’s the work around until ED is ready to release SC...

First takeoff...

1. Request takeoff.

2. Abort takeoff.

3. Hook up to catapult.

4. Takeoff.

After landing...

1. Request startup.

2. Request takeoff.

3. Abort takeoff.

4. Hook up to catapult.

5. Takeoff.

I have tested this on MP and SP. Only takes 10 seconds. Works every time.

Happy flying!

Yup, exactly what some one else confirmed, and myself - on page 1.

Cheers,

Don