Thrustmaster Magnetic base

Sokol1_br

What do they look like? Maybe a 3D printed one is a possibilty?

There's a problem, their adapter kit have two parts, a mechanical - that can be 3D printed and an electronic adapter for convert Warghog shift register serial signal in VKB "Nibiru" code. :D

What I would like to see is a modification that is the TM screw ring adapted to the VKB mount. ?

An Tm compatible nut was planed for the - cancelled, MCG TM:

http://i.imgur.com/MCQ62y3.jpg

Edited by Sokol1_br

There's a problem, their adapter kit have two parts, a mechanical - that can be 3D printed and an electronic adapter for convert Warghog shift register serial signal in VKB "Nibiru" code. :D

An Tm compatible nut was planed for the - cancelled, MCG TM:

http://i.imgur.com/MCQ62y3.jpg

Hi Sokol1,

What I mean is a male nut adapter/converter for the Gunfighter base to allow a TM Stick to mount on the VKB base and with the electronic adapter.

I have my F-18 stick mounted and also want to mount my WH stick but would prefer not to have to buy another adapter like they have now. One male adapter with electronic adapter on a small extention on the VKB base would be great.

• 10 months later...
No, since release in ~2010 Warthog base use Melexis 3D Hall sensor (MLX-90333).

I'm thinking about buying this base with the F/A-18C grip eventually.

... it mentions: " The base features H.E.A.R.T Hall Effect AccuRate Technology, with 3D (Hall Effect) magnetic sensors for surgical precision that won’t decrease over time. "

So, is it Hall Effect technilogy, or is it the old scholl physical gimbal with potentiometers ?

Thank you.

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

... it mentions: " The base features H.E.A.R.T Hall Effect AccuRate Technology, with 3D (Hall Effect) magnetic sensors for surgical precision that won’t decrease over time. "

So, is it Hall Effect technilogy, or is it the old scholl physical gimbal with potentiometers ?

Thank you.

It is just the warthog base rebranded.

So equivalent to hall sensors

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

Thank you.

Sensors, in fact I think Warthog was released with hall sensors since the very beginning, years ago.

Cougar got pots, but now we would be talking about almost 18 years ago.

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

It is just the warthog base rebranded.

So equivalent to hall sensors

Sensors, in fact I think Warthog was released with hall sensors since the very beginning, years ago.

Cougar got pots, but now we would be talking about almost 18 years ago.

Thank you guys for the insight.

My concern was that it might be the old-school interior mechanics / potentiometers, as I believe these are more prone to fail earlier than an HALL device.

So this "Thrustmaster HOTAS magnetic base" can't be worst (reliability / durability wise) than a T.16000M right ?

(Because I was looking for a Virpil grip + base, but this one from TM + an F/A-18 grip is cheaper and easier to get available.)

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system

So this "Thrustmaster HOTAS magnetic base" can't be worst (reliability / durability wise) than a T.16000M right ?

Yes, T.16000M gimbal is a simplified, more cheap made version of "magnetic base" gimbal.

Although statistically are more cases of "magnetic" base gimbal broken under "heavy hands". :joystick:

Just in case you don't know, you do better if buy Thrustmaster just TM F-18 grip, but instead the "magnetic" base get an

VirPil T50CM2 base, with customizable gimbal - CAM profiles, springs, various lengths of extension, or WarBRD base for desktop use.

Or even VKB base, with downside that this require the VKB electronic adapter, rarely available.

WingWing is other option with better mechanics. Require extra parts (nut and cable) for attach Thrustmaster grips.

"Magnetic" or not, could be said that Thrustmaster Warthog base became "obsolete" with the more advance mechanic options made by VirPil, VKB, WingWing.

Yes, T.16000M gimbal is a simplified, more cheap made version of "magnetic base" gimbal.

Although statistically are more cases of "magnetic" base gimbal broken under "heavy hands". :joystick:

Just in case you don't know, you do better if buy Thrustmaster just TM F-18 grip, but instead the "magnetic" base get an

VirPil T50CM2 base, with customizable gimbal - CAM profiles, springs, various lengths of extension, or WarBRD base for desktop use.

Or even VKB base, with downside that this require the VKB electronic adapter, rarely available.

WingWing is other option with better mechanics. Require extra parts (nut and cable) for attach Thrustmaster grips.

"Magnetic" or not, could be said that Thrustmaster Warthog base became "obsolete" with the more advance mechanic options made by VirPil, VKB, WingWing.

Thank you Sokol for the great advice.

Yes, I've read here that it is possible to make such a combo (F-18 TM grip + Virpil / VKB base).

Sure the more advanced mechanical options from Virpil and VKB are more robust and durable than the Thrustmaster Hotas base, and because of that I very much prefer them.

But one of my issues with Virpil and VKB is: the availability of their products.

Don't know if it's still like this: wait for stock anouncement; quickly order on the site; wait for it to be assembled and then shipped ?

And after gattering the money a VPC WarBRD Base costs today ( 189,95 €, before tax ) and having to wait I don't know how many months, before it finally arrives at my door... doesn't attract me much.

Hangar
Mi-8 MTV2

system

At Virpil you can preorder now, just takes time to deliver. I use a Warbrd base which is much cheaper than the T50 base and its far superior over the Thrustmaster base.

I fully agree, but when would it arrive at my door (in Portugal) ?

Hangar
Mi-8 MTV2

system

I fully agree, but when would it arrive at my door (in Portugal) ?

Back in the summer it took me about 2 months from order to having it in hand in Canada. It seems like delivery time for just the base is down to less than a month currently (from the forums on their site). However, if you add in some of the grips the wait might still be closer to 2 months. I am really happy with my WarBRD base/TM F18 grip combo. The TM base is VERY stiff and even modded with the lighter Sajah spring isn't nearly as smooth as the Warbrd.

Back in the summer it took me about 2 months from order to having it in hand in Canada. It seems like delivery time for just the base is down to less than a month currently (from the forums on their site). However, if you add in some of the grips the wait might still be closer to 2 months. I am really happy with my WarBRD base/TM F18 grip combo. The TM base is VERY stiff and even modded with the lighter Sajah spring isn't nearly as smooth as the Warbrd.

Thank you for the reply rob10,

I believe you, but the time to wait and some of their prices...

In my case if I go to Virpil, it really would have to be the WarBRD... because the Mongoos T-50CM2's base cost is prohibitively high.

Hangar
Mi-8 MTV2

system

Thank you for the reply rob10,

I believe you, but the time to wait and some of their prices...

In my case if I go to Virpil, it really would have to be the WarBRD... because the Mongoos T-50CM2's base cost is prohibitively high.

Fair enough. If you do go for the Warthog base (and it's not a bad option, it's just the Virpil are nicer) and you're not using an extension, I would HIGHLY recommend get the Sahaj green spring to modify it https://warthog-extensions-by-sahaj.com/shop/warthog-green-springs/ I nearly destroyed my shoulder learning to A-A refuel with the stock spring.

Fair enough. If you do go for the Warthog base (and it's not a bad option, it's just the Virpil are nicer) and you're not using an extension, I would HIGHLY recommend get the Sahaj green spring to modify it https://warthog-extensions-by-sahaj.com/shop/warthog-green-springs/ I nearly destroyed my shoulder learning to A-A refuel with the stock spring.

I see... although in my case I would be more concerned with the physical gimbal's durability - bearing in my my previous TM products (the T.16000M already shows some discrete play / wobble on Y axis).

Hangar
Mi-8 MTV2

system

Hello again, would appreciate your advice pelase:

It seems the Thrustmaster HOTAS magnetic base (and the F-18 grip) are getting somewhat scarce ?

- my country's computer components shops only allow online order for these products... and although they initially say they have it in stock, after a while they admit they'll have to order it from the suppliers (and therefore taking I don't know how much time to eventually arrive) ;

- at ebay and amazon, there are very few units (with the respective shipping and tax costs), or I'm I doing something wrong ?

Does anyone of you know other options ?

Thank you.

Hangar
Mi-8 MTV2

system

Due pandemic restrictions, MS 2020 and Star Wars Squadrons hype ... a race for joystick happens, and all products are scarce, an people are scamming with prices, a simple T.16000M are overpriced ~50% in eBay.

I see now... yep shaddy ways of doing business in these times.

My T.16000M and TWCS combo costed me 125 € here in Portugal 2 years ago - I even had to look to my bill again to believe it, because of the prices I see them asking today.

Hangar
Mi-8 MTV2

system