New Sounds?

reece146

I flew the Yak for the first time in 4-5 weeks last night and it seems like the sound files are updated?

The engine sounds better, like it's had a factory balance and blue-print compared to the old bunch of bolts in a paint can shaker noises it had before. Not sure which version I prefer. :D

New PC but same USB headset - could be audio chipset differences I guess. Old was RealtekALC892, new is ALC1220-VB.

Anyone else notice anything different? Just my imagination?

I flew the Yak for the first time in 4-5 weeks last night and it seems like the sound files are updated?

The engine sounds better, like it's had a factory balance and blue-print compared to the old bunch of bolts in a paint can shaker noises it had before. Not sure which version I prefer. :D

New PC but same USB headset - could be audio chipset differences I guess. Old was RealtekALC892, new is ALC1220-VB.

Anyone else notice anything different? Just my imagination?

I can't hear a new engine sound. Did you use "Hear like helmet" previously or do you use it now?

Fox

Spoiler

PC Specs: Ryzen 9 5900X, 3080ti, 64GB RAM, Oculus Quest 3

No, no major settings changes.

I think the new computer is the cause - spent 4 hours in the Mustang last night - sound is different there as well. Must be something different about the computer and/or software driver difference causing it to sound different.

<shrug />