DCS: P-47D-30 Discussion

Barrett_g

Thanks. I can go to my grave with peace of mind knowing this.

i would go to grave with peace in my mind knowing that i already paid for it

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

You and me both!!! Once pre-orders are taken we might actually get some updates on this module!

Me Three. Silver backer under the Luthier initial kickstarter.

It has been a very long wait, but as with most DCS titles, it will be oh so worth it.

:thumbup:

Pointy end hurt! Fire burn!!
JTF-191 25th Draggins - Hawg Main. Black Shark 2, A10C, A10CII, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Mig-15, Mig-19, Mig-21, P-51, F-15, Su-27, Su-33, Mig-29, FW-190 Dora, Anton, BF 109, Mossie, Normandy, Caucasus, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Channel, Syria, Marianas, WWII Assets, CA. (WWII backer picked aircraft ME-262, P-47D).

Me Three. Silver backer under the Luthier initial kickstarter.

It has been a very long wait, but as with most DCS titles, it will be oh so worth it.

:thumbup:

I'm so ready to hear the Engine ROAR at the end of the start-up sequence! :wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

+1

:pilotfly:

Pointy end hurt! Fire burn!!
JTF-191 25th Draggins - Hawg Main. Black Shark 2, A10C, A10CII, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Mig-15, Mig-19, Mig-21, P-51, F-15, Su-27, Su-33, Mig-29, FW-190 Dora, Anton, BF 109, Mossie, Normandy, Caucasus, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Channel, Syria, Marianas, WWII Assets, CA. (WWII backer picked aircraft ME-262, P-47D).

• 2 weeks later...

It’s slow in here... with no updates to tide me over I’ve started watching VR videos. I’d like to one day fly the P-47 in VR so I kind of keep tabs on the technology and see how it’s coming along.

WWII planes are better suited for VR because they usually don’t have a lot of buttons to fumble around with.

One of the things that most people talk about is how “big” their aircraft feels. On a monitor everything has to be shrunk down to fit in the screen... but VR really emphasizes how big the aircraft is around you.

I can’t wait to sit in a VR P-47 cockpit and see how big it is!

I got an Occulus Rift when I used to Sim Race... I have fallen in love with Flight Sims again and DCS in VR is awesome! Flying in formation with guys and looking around and almost touching the other aircraft is a amazing! I had TrackIR before VR and it was good, but from an immersion point of view, the Rift is incredible!

I cannot wait for the P-47... I hope it comes soon

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

It’s slow in here... with no updates to tide me over I’ve started watching VR videos. I’d like to one day fly the P-47 in VR so I kind of keep tabs on the technology and see how it’s coming along.

WWII planes are better suited for VR because they usually don’t have a lot of buttons to fumble around with.

One of the things that most people talk about is how “big” their aircraft feels. On a monitor everything has to be shrunk down to fit in the screen... but VR really emphasizes how big the aircraft is around you.

Someday I'd like to sit in a VR P-38 cockpit in DCS, for the same reasons. Looking forward to the P-47 as well.

Ryzen 7 2700, MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC, 16GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR4-3200, 970 EVO 1TB SSD, eVGA GTX 1080 8GB ACX

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You can do that right now... Just have to get a different game.

Just have to get a different game.

Do you mean the one with FMs so convincing that you can practically hang a plane from its prop and keep on fighting? Thanks but no thanks, I prefer my helos conventional.

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

You can do that right now... Just have to get a different game.

what is the name of the game ??

is it that one with boddenplate in the title ??

Edited by grafspee

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

FlyingIron’s P-47N is great if you have XP11. No combat really, but a good option for familiarization and flying while we wait for the DCS version.

*Apologies if this comment violates rule 1.15. Not sure where the line is drawn when suggesting something like this.

Edited by ArcLite

i9-9900K | 1080Ti 11GB | 32GB DDR4 | TM Warthog | Oculus Rift S | gametrix JetSeat

F/A-18C | F-16C | F-14B | A-10C | F-86F | P-51D | P-47D | Spitfire | Fw 190A-8 | Bf 109K-4

FlyingIron’s P-47N is great if you have XP11. No combat really, but a good option for familiarization and flying while we wait for the DCS version.

*Apologies if this comment violates rule 1.15. Not sure where the line is drawn when suggesting something like this.

p-47N is ultimate version we will get D with probably lowest allowable boost as possible

there is vivible switch for water injection on the throttle handle in the cocpit screenshot which ED provided so i have hope that we will get some nice boost :)

P-47D-cockpit-WIP-01.jpg

picked up another nice thing in this screenshot compresibility recovery flaps switch :) i like it alredy

Edited by grafspee

i wonder what is rughtly progres of p-47 is it half way or shorter or longer
Not long before the Fw190A release somewhere (maybe a newsletter, but I don't recall) was stated both of them were at the same stage near completion, but they would be focussing in 190 for release. Though 190 is finishing yet I hope Jug it's not far away.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

Not long before the Fw190A release somewhere (maybe a newsletter, but I don't recall) was stated both of them were at the same stage near completion, but they would be focussing in 190 for release. Though 190 is finishing yet I hope Jug it's not far away.

S!

Finished? We have really different meaning for the "finished" word...

Is in EA....really EA....

There are a lot of bug, visually (like the armor glass or the poligon to the side of the cockpit...) and technically (Engine underpowered, drag effect too high, compass, radio ecc. ecc.), missing features (have You noticed that apart a lot of possibily missing loadout for AG, at the moment You don't have pratically nothing, even a fuel tank?

So come on...pls...don't start asking for a new aircraft when last arrived (and I really enjoy it) is at...65%.....

Thx.

There are a lot of bug, visually (like the armor glass or the poligon to the side of the cockpit...) and technically (Engine underpowered, drag effect too high, compass, radio ecc. ecc.), missing features (have You noticed that apart a lot of possibily missing loadout for AG, at the moment You don't have pratically nothing, even a fuel tank?

So come on...pls...don't start asking for a new aircraft when last arrived (and I really enjoy it) is at...65%.....

Thx.

I am prefectly fine upon completion of fw190, now im waiting for p-47 and there is only one reason for it, it is turbo supercharging system in p-47 which intrests me the most

p-38 or b-17 would do job too

Edited by grafspee

I am prefectly fine upon completion of fw190, now im waiting for p-47 and there is only one reason for it, it is turbo supercharging system in p-47 which intrests me the most

p-38 and b-17 would do job too

Me too, even Leatherbeck's Corsair, but there's no reason to me to ask ED another module when there's one just released that must be refined, corrected and also completed with a lot of missing features... Even the textures template was not released... And they must have a textures template to make the skin available, or not?

Inviato dal mio BLA-L09 utilizzando Tapatalk

Thx.

Ahem, read again mate :lol: . "Finishing", it's being worked on, it's in the process to getting finished, you know. I think your hater soul tricked you :D .

I meant, it's being worked, so I don't know what ED considers finished enough to focus again in P-47 (moving people from one project to the other, I guess). Now I think, not only current A model lacks stuff but we're supposed to get the F model either so it's a lot of work to do yet and P-47 might be on hold longer than I thought at first.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice