Temperature Limits

What are they? And which gauge is oil?

Edited by Magic Zach

Hardware: T-16000M Pack, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, GTX 1070 SC2, AMD RX3700, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, FC3, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

What are they? And which guage is oil?

at the botom of the front dash you have only oil temp gage in anton

limits are pointed on the gage scale max is 100 celcius minimum something around 40

Edited by grafspee

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

• ED Team

85C - high limit

Ніщо так сильно не ранить мозок, як уламки скла від розбитих рожевих окулярів

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

85C - high limit
Thx Yo

Hardware: T-16000M Pack, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, GTX 1070 SC2, AMD RX3700, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, FC3, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i hit 100 nothign happen

I don´t think that the various engine limits has been added to the damage simulation yet.

i7-10700K 3.8-5.1Ghz, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 12GB, 1 x 1 TB SSD, 2 x 2TB SSD2 TB,  1 x 2 TBHDD 7200 RPM, Win10 Home 64bit, Meta Quest 3.

• ED Team

190 had very effective cooling systems, so they even did not use cylinders head temperature gauge.

The tests shows moderate temperatures at different flight modes. For sure, WEP and high ambient temperatures can spoil a party a bit, mainly at climb.

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

190 had very effective cooling systems, so they even did not use cylinders head temperature gauge.

The tests shows moderate temperatures at different flight modes. For sure, WEP and high ambient temperatures can spoil a party a bit, mainly at climb.

oil cooler is in engine's couling ring front. this crank handle in cocpit has anything to do with air flow through this oil coolers ??

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

oil cooler is in engine's couling ring front. this crank handle in cocpit has anything to do with air flow through this oil coolers ??
I'd imagine it allows air to pass through the engine compartment freely. With them closed, air flow is more restricted.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'd imagine it allows air to pass through the engine compartment freely. With them closed, air flow is more restricted.

found it in fw190 manual oil temp is regulated by thermostat

im just reading manual righ now

engine operation at 600-1100 must be avoided at all costs

RCgJl4K.png

am i missing something coolant ?? in fw190A8

Edited by grafspee

The adjustable cowl flaps, operated by that hand crank, were only added as an afterthought to more flexibly regulate airflow through the engine compartment. Early Fw 190A models had just fixed gills as exit for the airflow.

The airflow through the oil coolers exits through a small gap between the nose ring and the cowling. The width of this gap could be adjusted on the ground.

For me it looks like the efficiency of the oil coolers could actually increase if you close the cowl flaps with the hand crank. Pressure inside the engine compartment should increase, thus more airflow will be forced through the oil coolers instead of over the engine.

749345080_Luftfhrung.thumb.png.1ac5f7345e38ee54cdc5bb80c7a2d5ea.png

• ED Team

The thing is even more complicated, because, regarding the airflow, closed flaps will increase air flow through the oil radiator, but, keeping in mind that heat dumping to oil increases with overall cylinders temperature...

Anyway, the flaps, even closed, leaving enough area for the air to get out, so the temeparure changes are not global.

Edited by Yo-Yo

• ED Team
Max is 85C? I was close to that cruising at between 2100 and 2300rpm with the cowl flaps completely open....on a 24C day. I understand the IAS gauge is currently giving faulty readings, but is the oil temp gauge ok?

Just checked: 24C, near SL, 2200 rpm - 76.1 C. Close?

Reviewing my VR footage now. Fuzzy but you can make out where 50, 100, and the needle are on the oil temp gauge.

Sea level (almost skimming the water), 2300rpm, cooling flaps completely open (setting 5), oil temp is reading 80 or so--possibly 85 given how close it is to 100. Double-checking the weather, it's 26C, 29.92. That 2 degree and 100rpm difference might be doing it? I'll have to fly with your parameters later to see if I get 76 as well.

i6OgQYem.png

This temp gauge is quiete confusing.

There is a green line at about 20-30°C, okay, maybe minimum Temp.

Then there is a green line at about 70°C.

Next line is red at 85°C.

These are painted on.

Then there are two white markings at 35-40°C and 95°C.

And the normal scale is marked with fat white lines at 0, 50, 110 and 130.

The manual says at page 59: "Two indicator strips indicate normal operating temperature of 110 - 130°C." and later under "Normal procedures" Page 99: "Attention! It is recommended to open the radiator cooling flaps at a temperature of 110°С."

So what is correct now?

Max is 85C? I was close to that cruising at between 2100 and 2300rpm with the cowl flaps completely open....on a 24C day. I understand the IAS gauge is currently giving faulty readings, but is the oil temp gauge ok?

It says 110 C in the manual, which is worth reading.

Too many parts in A-8 manual is simply "copy" from D-9 manual..

Unfortunately this part is one of them.

At this moment, A-8 manual is more likely confusing than helpful.

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

Normandy 2 | The Channel | Sinai | Syria | PG | NTTR | South Atlantic 

F/A-18 | F-86 | F-16C | A-10C | FC-3 | CA | SC |

• ED Team

26 C, 2400/1.32 - 79 at level flight, 88C was encountered only at the end of climb at high altitudes (7-8k). Flaps open. Few minutes of excessive 2-3 C means nothing.

• 2 weeks later...
I've flown around max throttle for maybe like 20 min. Nothing happens. Anyone managed to overheat, blow engine? How long did it take? Special circumstances?

if you want blow engine reslot to p-51 and use wep

There is currently no damage model to the engine.

Climb to altitude, dive, set full throttle, prop pitch governor to manual, full fine pitch, engine will rev far beyond 3500..... nothing happens.

Its early access and thus to be expected

Hope they implement it soon.

Fox

Spoiler

PC Specs: Ryzen 9 5900X, 3080ti, 64GB RAM, Oculus Quest 3