Deadman's cockpit base plans

Hansolo

DM, it can vary, as they aren't in there in any permanent sense. Right now it's just enough for the seat I'm using. So right now it sits at 21 1/2". It is showing about an inch in the front between the outer edge of the console to the sidewall, and the rear of the console sits about 4" from the sidewall. The centerline of the console lines up with the inside edges of the MIP support pillars. Here's a quick pic.

FullSizeRender-5.thumb.jpg.86b4c646616538f6dde20f5ef6a9a10e.jpg

Buttons aren't toys! :smilewink:

My new Version 2 Pit: MacFevre A-10C SimPit V2

My first pit thread: A-10C Simulator Pit "The TARDIS."

Dzus Fastener tutorial, on the inexpensive side: DIY Dzus Fastener

Perfectly! And whether consoles drawings? If yes, then when? :)

Your welcome it is great you like the plans. As I have all ready posted I have alocal company that will cut the consul kits for a great price

Real life and so so communication from the company has made several reworks of the model to make it work well with the companies automated equipment.

Consoles will be for sale shortly.

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/a-10c-warthog-supplies

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/133818-deadmans-cockpit-base-plans/#comment-133824

CNCs and Laser engravers are great but they can't do squat with out a precise set of plans.

• 1 month later...

Just an FYI on the Left right and center consoles. I called the company and they still have not had a gap in production to review the DXF file I have sent them. I don't have any projected date yet.

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/133818-deadmans-cockpit-base-plans/#comment-133824

CNCs and Laser engravers are great but they can't do squat with out a precise set of plans.

• 3 months later...

I don't have any other plans scheduled for release at this time. I am still waiting on a price from the company to cut the left right and center consoles and aluminum back plates. Those will be available for one run hopefully soon. ( yes I know they have told me it before and failed to get a bid to me). I don't expect more than 3 or 4 orders any way With the limited response I have received in the past.

As far as light plates go I tried to entice a member to make them from my replica light plates plans( DXF files) (The engraved plates that light up green on the control boxes) so they would fit the replica back plates and be back lightable. So far no luck with that. This is all I can provide at a reasonable cost with out any investment in a CNC.

Edited by Deadman

DM

I'm not sure if you consider me a member of the "cockpit builder" group or not but I am going to give you some feedback/opinions anyways. I have attached a pic of my work in progress pit so you can decide if I qualify.

First, Congrats to all that had a hand in this. Great design and implementation. Well Done! If I was building and using my pit in a heated garage with an 8' foot door I would be building it right now.

I have to build my pit inside the house through two doorways and around a corner. For me ( and only an opinion not criticism ) a pit must somehow be able to breakdown enough to get through a 36" doorway. Sorry, but I cannot commit to trapping my pit in a room. My wife may kick me out of the house at anytime because of the pit! I need to at least be able to take it with me!

With Dimebugs pit I just take out 4 screws and unplug a couple USB cables and one DB9 connector and I can pull out a side console. It takes two guys to lift MIP but I can have it all in the back of my pickup in less than an hour. Bring a bag of screws and one screwdriver and put her all back together again anywhere I want. I get the fact that I am lacking a lot of elements,especially the canopy bow, but sometimes we need to compromise. Maybe one day my situation will change.

Just my 2 cents.

PIT.thumb.jpg.24bc9419f9f52623f4ccfe0f4a16357b.jpg

Clay

Clay I am not sure why you would think that I would not consider you a member of any group. There is not really a group any more Just one or two people that either ask my opinion on prices of things or if items are worth purchasing for a cockpit build. I am not sure where this is coming from or means.

Thanks for complements

This has been addressed before but I will cover it once again when I made the fist set of plans it was a direct coping of my real trainer. I checked on prices of Aluminum in the E.U ( absolutely crazy prices) and converted every thing to wood. At that time I had spent a considerable amount of time on the project I cut thing short by not rehashing earlier plans to make units that will disassemble.

My objective was to create a set of plans that were the least expensive to make so no disassembly no cnc needed and made from cost effective materials. The plans contain all of the measurements to make a 1 to 1 replica (copy) of the A-10 fuselage. This gives the user the ability to change the configuration of his or her pit to be what the individual wants. Made form aluminum on a rolling platform or disassemble.

So I have no Idea why your readdressing this issue I am not really sure what your point it or how it is a reply to previous post.

DM

I'm not sure if you consider me a member of the "cockpit builder" group or not but I am going to give you some feedback/opinions anyways. I have attached a pic of my work in progress pit so you can decide if I qualify.

First, Congrats to all that had a hand in this. Great design and implementation. Well Done! If I was building and using my pit in a heated garage with an 8' foot door I would be building it right now.

I have to build my pit inside the house through two doorways and around a corner. For me ( and only an opinion not criticism ) a pit must somehow be able to breakdown enough to get through a 36" doorway. Sorry, but I cannot commit to trapping my pit in a room. My wife may kick me out of the house at anytime because of the pit! I need to at least be able to take it with me!

With Dimebugs pit I just take out 4 screws and unplug a couple USB cables and one DB9 connector and I can pull out a side console. It takes two guys to lift MIP but I can have it all in the back of my pickup in less than an hour. Bring a bag of screws and one screwdriver and put her all back together again anywhere I want. I get the fact that I am lacking a lot of elements,especially the canopy bow, but sometimes we need to compromise. Maybe one day my situation will change.

Just my 2 cents.

[ATTACH]145018[/ATTACH]

Clay

Nice cockpit ClayM!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks Brewnix!

@DM

Really??

your statement "I am not really sure what your point it or how it is a reply to previous post."

There are a verity of cockpits being built from replica to generic.

There are very few A-10 cockpit builder out there and little to no feed back from them.

Now you know why you get no feedback. I should have known better.:doh:

Edited by ClayM

Gentlemen please calm down and please refrain from using facepalm smileys. IMHO they don't really contribute anything :-) Lets keep the thread civilized.

ClayM thanks for your opinion. You have a very nice pit and I always enjoy reading your progress on it. The size of the pit has previously been raised as a problem for some and the truth is that this setup just isn't for everyone. Luckily there are other options for a pit. Y2KIAS plans are for a swing out type full pit but sizewise the same as DM's.

Dimebug's plans on the other hand offer a more essential pit layout with just the MIP and side console which offers the builder the option to take it part relatively easy. It sound like you have done it like this which is also how Tacno has done his setup. There is a nice YT where he puts his together in 10 minutes,

]

And as you mentioned there will always be some kind of compromise when building a pit.

Deadman, I understand your frustration. There was a lot of interest in the plans way back. Perhaps looking in hindsight the interest were more related to the side console than the pit itself. Or perhaps the layout wasn't fully explained in details.

I for one still appriciate that you have made the plans available DM and allowed me to distribute to the community. Now every builder has a broader variety of option to choose from. Let us not forget that in the end it is the builders personal preference, capability, space, availability and needs that defines his/her pit. Some goes full monty others make a single panel with a few buttons and so on. They are pits in my book and I enjoy reading about all of them :-)

Enjoy your summer

All the best

Hans

Edited by Hansolo

I shouldn't have said plans. I am very interested in the consoles and will purchase them when available. Perhaps the most important part for me is the light panels and backing plates. With those I would be able to get started on the electronics side of things which for me would be the most time consuming part of the process but the part I most look forward to. Maybe I am taking a backwards approach but I would rather start with the panels and then be able to drop them into a pit later. But as always I truely appreciate the work you have put into this.

• 6 months later...

Well may be when you are 80 but it does not help to work 60 hour weeks either :smartass:

Burns you have made it very clear that your not a fan. not sure why you would waist any precious time you have left reading any of my posts.

Edited by Deadman

Hum nice to see you respect Hans for his effort. I wonder if that all so applies to the guy that drew the plans

You dont need confirmed respect from me, I am not even at the same level as you and most of the guys on here, I would call myself a parasite based on the knowledge you have and many others.

I might have felt you ate parasites....sorry about that.

• 5 years later...
  • 1 year later...