Project 10 - DCS: A-10C Warthog Promo!

Glowing_Amraam

• ED Team
Really great job, GA.:thumbup: Your choices of sounds, your edits, and camera angles really shined in this. Loved your opening titles.

Thanks! :)

Coming from a talented movie maker like yourself means alot ;)

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This video lacks the most important ingredient of any good trailer:

:hehe:

But seriously, Project X is absolutely incredible! I can't remember the last time I was so excited about a video or any movie for that matter. Or wait, yes I can, it was Project 50.

Also a question for Glowing Amraam: The soldiers getting blown away; did you get the idea from this vid (if I'm not mistaken, the sound of those 30mm rounds impacting is the same)?

Something cool I noticed at 04:44... As the sun rises, taxiway edge lights (and REDL?) switches off. One of my pet-peeves regarding BlackShark is that airports stand out like a sore-thumb because of the way lights are implemented. Thanks to whoever implemented that new feature.

"It's not the years, honey. It's the mileage..."

• ED Team
This video lacks the most important ingredient of any good trailer:
:hehe:

But seriously, Project X is absolutely incredible! I can't remember the last time I was so excited about a video or any movie for that matter. Or wait, yes I can, it was Project 50.

Also a question for Glowing Amraam: The soldiers getting blown away; did you get the idea from this vid (if I'm not mistaken, the sound of those 30mm rounds impacting is the same)?

Thanks, and yes, the "idea" came from that clip basically, just with my own twist.

And yes, the bullet impact sounds are from that clip as well. :)

In theory yes.

That's the theory :D

I suppose thats fair enough, will dx11 not be part of the next module though and therefor capable of being intergrated into past modules? im happy enough with Dx9 personally but any boost in fps is always apprciated :)
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

GA--you submitting this to Sundance this year? ;)

Would be nice if this vid could make its way somehow to our Hog drivers in Iraq/Afghanistan! Instead of them getting a letter to "Any Serviceman" we could send it to "Any Hog Driver--(A10 Pilot), and include a DVD!

Just curious, but does anyone know what the actual visual differences between the dx9 and the dx11 version would be?

Not so much a visual difference as modernizing/upgrading for the future standard.

Also, DX11:

* Tesselation

* Multithreaded Rendering

* Compute Shaders

Multithreaded Rendering is really the big addition to the API, but will cause a LOT of difficulty for games that also use the standard DX9 for compatability with XP (as all the work with Multithreaded Rendering would need to be re-written/optimized for the DX9 code path). Tesselation is really the last major graphical improvement I can think of for Rasterization, but is a major source of slowdown due to all the computation involved in the process.

The point being, there are very few obvious graphical changes between the three API's, the updated Shader Models and Tesselation being the only changes obvious to people viewing the outputted results. ;)

Edited by Blaze

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

Doesn't Tesselation improve the look of low poly count models therefore meaning less Polys in the scene and improved frame rates as a result? The DX11 cards are designed specifically with Tesselation in mind and that therefore = better texturing and smoothing with better frame rates (as long as the tesselation isnt overdone). Or maybe I am missing something.

i7-7700K : 16Gb DDR4 2800 Mhz : Asus Mobo : 2TB HDD : Intel 520 SSD 240gb : RTX 2080ti: Win10 64pro : Dx10 : TrackiR4 : TM Warthog : ASUS ROG SWIFT PG348Q

Yes as long as tesselation isn't overdone it can make low-poly models look much better, but in some cases it is overdone and performance drops like a rock.

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

• ED Team
GA--you submitting this to Sundance this year? ;)

Would be nice if this vid could make its way somehow to our Hog drivers in Iraq/Afghanistan! Instead of them getting a letter to "Any Serviceman" we could send it to "Any Hog Driver--(A10 Pilot), and include a DVD!

Lol, that sounds like a really cool idea actually. But i have no idea how that stuff works! :P

• Like 1

Sweet, how do you know when to release? Pretty sure the pip does not know how to figure that one out. Would be seat of the pants like "hitting a womp rat with my old T-16 back home."

Simple lot of wasted bombs :D

Gambatee!!

Don t try it with torpedo tought it doesn t work.:music_whistling:

HaF 922, Asus rampage extreme 3 gene, I7 950 with Noctua D14, MSI gtx 460 hawk, G skill 1600 8gb, 1.5 giga samsung HD.

Track IR 5, Hall sensed Cougar, Hall sensed TM RCS TM Warthog(2283), TM MFD, Saitek pro combat rudder, Cougar MFD.

I was thinking... Since DX11 is rulled out, it means a lot of incognitas over the hardware needeed is gone.

So has anyone an idea of what will be needeed to run this game near max ?

Upgrade urticary is starting to itch....Im trying to taret it at the end of the year, but i may fall for it faster than that.

I think i ll start this on the main forum.

Edited by Succellus

HaF 922, Asus rampage extreme 3 gene, I7 950 with Noctua D14, MSI gtx 460 hawk, G skill 1600 8gb, 1.5 giga samsung HD.

Track IR 5, Hall sensed Cougar, Hall sensed TM RCS TM Warthog(2283), TM MFD, Saitek pro combat rudder, Cougar MFD.

Is your computer good or do you have to get a new one?

Actually i have a q6600 wquad at 2.4ghz, 4 gb ram 800, and a 7570 XFX.

It runs anything quite decently but far from full specs.

Since i mostly play com bat flight sims... its not that bad.

But since A10C seem to be much superior to BS, i am wondering....

My computer is nearly 2 years old, and i could easily make this movie using early builds of the sim, and get pretty good frame rates.

Good to know indeed.

What is you framerate in "heavy condition" and what are your processor and RAM ?

Hmm, just guessing here, but i'd say i was hanging around 25-30 fps during the hectic stuff, at worst.

Using i7 920 cpu and 6 gig Ram here.

LOl 2 years... that awesomemely skyrockerting my 2 year system...i really need to buy something, but i guess its gonna be after christmass if i dont have some Upgrade attack crisis before that..

So that means this could run it easily? http://www.gateway.com/systems/product/529668417.php

1300 USD lool a system like that is about 2000 USD here in Brasil.

So that means this could run it easily? http://www.gateway.com/systems/product/529668417.php

Pretty amazing machine for $1300. Love the dual hot swap bays. Not sure how well the turbo boost works but overclocking is usually much trickier on manufactured PCs. Resolution is the determining factor for fps performance. That system is the same as GA so yes it should do great.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Aaron

i7 2600k@4.4ghz, GTX1060-6gb, 16gb DDR3, T16000m, Track IR5

BS2-A10C-UH1-FC3-M2000-F18C-A4E-F14B-BF109