Producer's Note #4 - Navigation

Kusch

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ED Team

Given it is a looong video (about 27 minutes), the file size is pretty big on this one.

Also, as I'm SURE some of you will point out, there are a couple visual bugs in the video. Please remember that this is BETA software and we are aware of these issues and are doing our best to address them. Also, this code is still not optimized but the optimization effort is in fact starting next week that will result in increased frame rates.

• Like 1

140KB/sec. from the USA FTP server. Weta, if you are experiencing chronic problems with the forum, you might want to post about it in the Forum and Site Issues section. I don't think this is normal - it loads very quickly for me as well (U.S. west coast).

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

Wow! I had no idea how advanced the Ka-50's autopilot system really is. Basically all you need to do is take off, enjoy the view, and then land. Btw, the terrain looks awesome. The textures may not be as sharp as in next gen FPS games but I really like that snowy land texture.

Wow! I had no idea how advanced the Ka-50's autopilot system really is. Basically all you need to do is take off, enjoy the view, and then land.
I've been flying on keyboard for a while. The FCS is actually better at keeping the helicopter steady than I was with my HOTAS.:) Doing any serious maneuvering (like performing a vertical landing) is a silly idea on a keyboard, but to fly a steady course with easy turns, the computer keeps her just fine. You just have to give it a second to dampen and adjust the controls and she lines up nicely.

Amazing job modeling those systems.
There is yet more...

...maybe in another video... :renske:

Nice job, Matt!

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

11 KB/s :( someone upload it somewhere please.... (at least youtube)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

C2D E4500@3GHz + Scythe Katana , 2GB/800, GF9600GT@720 (GV-NX96T512HP), Cyborg Evo, Freetrack (2.2), Samsung 20" @1680x1050, Fortron BSII 400W (peak 430W), Win7 HP x64

Also, as I'm SURE some of you will point out, there are a couple visual bugs in the video. Please remember that this is BETA software and we are aware of these issues and are doing our best to address them. Also, this code is still not optimized but the optimization effort is in fact starting next week that will result in increased frame rates.

it like when ur really hungry.. you eat ANYTHING without complaining :thumbup:

It takes a fool to remain sane :huh:

Incredible. As an old Falcon-every-screw-simulated-fan and an old rotorhead, I'm just totally impressed by what you are coming up with! :cheer3nc:

One question to the movie - apparently I have to download it again, I only got 2 minutes... : Do the preset bases change?

Wags, you pointed at the sidepanel and said, this is the preset for the current mission, so I either assume it really does change or, since it basically uses the same area, the most important airfields are programmed. Thanks for that great video (though I've only seen a glimps of it so far) :(

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

Maybe next time uload it to hmm rapidshare, or another services, or torrent, IMO will be faster.

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

I have no idea what the problem is but neither of the mirrors are working for me.

EDIT: Thx Groove.

• Like 1

"See, to me that's a stupid instrument. It tells what your angle of attack is. If you don't know you shouldn't be flying." - Chuck Yeager, from the back seat of F-15D at age 89.

=RvE=

• ED Team

In cooperation with the vvs504 Squad i prepared a mirror for the forum community.

Max download speed is 5000 kb/s for all of you together and at the moment maximum 10 download slots. So dont be impatient if you cant download directly! Dont hammer the server, simply wait a couple of minutes.

Simply click on this link:

<closed>

to download the video.

Be advised that i might stop the mirror anytime if the traffic should hit certain limits.

Please keep this link on this forums, so all of you can download it before i have to close it or new mirrors arise.

• Like 1

Holy macaroni :notworthy:

Agree completely, the level of detail is unbelieveable. And notice the vast forest areas... :shocking:

Thanks for the vid Wags!! :thumbup:

For those who have slow d/l speed: get a good download manager that allows multiple connections to different servers and splitting the file into different chunks. I got between 60 and 150 Kb/s with GetRight, not great but still better than the 20 Kb/s that you get without it.

FOREST? The part I have only shows the cockpit and a part of the runway. :cry: Well, new download is at 43%.

Thanks for the mirror, Groove!

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

I wonder what takes the JaBoG32 so long - usually they have mirrored the files in no time and always the latest videos. :(