US Carrier Fleet Mod

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nesher, thanks for the comment. VNAO is just a piece of the pie. The real talent behind this project is Racer (modeling) and EricJ (texturing) that are really going to bring this project to great heights. And Sir Trooper, no problem posting here. Oh and by the way Trooper, WELCOME TO THE PIE.:thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The double AIM-120 can be made in-game, and now I'm working on the AIM-9X;) I will make the ATFLIR too.

Dual AMRAAM is already done...

...AIM-9*2 (F-4E) and Sidewinder*2 (A-10A) are still working beside AIM-120*2 (F-18C) on my PC...since 2004 June

Dual AMMRAMs is not only a simple LOPE/Meinit edit...it's a new weapon instead of dual ALARMs which is not used in LOMAC...Dual AMRAAMs still tested in single & in online missions too. F-18C able to carry 12 AIM-120s in this unique but real way.

amraam-dvic409.jpg

...in fact nobody was interested in this "silly stuff" (at that time)...moreover i was stigmatized as a cheater & screen faker (when i showed these pics on ubi.com LOMAC forum in 2004)

..yes... i was upset, disappointed and later offended...so i did not uploaded

...i was just waiting to grow the MODing community

sreenshots from 2004

ScreenShot_046.jpg

ScreenShot_047.jpg

ScreenShot_039.jpg

ScreenShot_026-1.jpg

from 2007

updated missile positioning at the dual rails

privious positions was better (closer to real)...but later positions are better fit with the rails :( (factory 3D rails - F4-PILON.cmd - is too wide)

ScreenShot_183.jpg

ScreenShot_185.jpg

Atop the midnight tarmac,

a metal beast awaits.

To be flown below the radar,

to bring the enemy his fate.

HAVE A BANDIT DAY !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"When I'm working on a problem, I never think about beauty. I think only how to solve the problem. But when I have finished, if the solution is not beautiful, I know it is wrong." - R. Buckminster Fuller (1895 - 1983), American Architect, Author, Designer, Inventor, and Futurist

superb! let it come

Here comes :)

I made tonight few more (slow motion) pics:

ScreenShot_254.jpg

ScreenShot_255.jpg

ScreenShot_256.jpg

ScreenShot_257.jpg

uploading soon...

Atop the midnight tarmac,

a metal beast awaits.

To be flown below the radar,

to bring the enemy his fate.

HAVE A BANDIT DAY !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"When I'm working on a problem, I never think about beauty. I think only how to solve the problem. But when I have finished, if the solution is not beautiful, I know it is wrong." - R. Buckminster Fuller (1895 - 1983), American Architect, Author, Designer, Inventor, and Futurist

And a update for you all to enjoy: :thumbup:

Racer:

"I thought I would tinker a bit with the CVN a bit. icon_e_smile.gif

Here is a shot of the deck portion.

This thing is huge! 369000 poly's in the deck!

I could not figure out how something as flat as a board would have 369000 polys.

Well, see all those little drain holes circles....150 points in each one of them. icon_rolleyes.gif

There is no reason those could not be in the texture. They are outa here!

You can see on the left of the picture the remade polygons."

CVN-1.jpg

Racer:

"Well here's the new deck.

CVN-69 Total poygon count to date: 196

(Down from over 369000) gezzz.

Check it out. icon_cool.gif

Still needs to have the drain holes added back into the texure yet.

Here how I might want to handle the carrier model.

I propose adding in just the deck over the Russian carrier first before doing any

more details.

Let's see where all the cats and rope pickup points are going to end up so we can situate these items.

What do you think. You guys can fly off a deck right? icon_razz.gif"

CVN-2.jpg

Racer:

"And now we have some of the first textures coming in from Eric.

Here are some shots of the Super Bug."

F-18F-2.jpg

F-18F-3.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Being that I see the elevators have an argument assigned to them, can someone fill me in on what tells the simulation to move the elevators on the Russian carrier. Is it just a matter of taxiing a plane onto it which initiates the program to start moving?

Eric is correct about replacing the Kuz with a new US carrier model.

Hmmm...

I find it interesting though that if you pull the Kuz into modelviewer the elevators will move with an argument selection. Why would it be mapped to do so if it never moves in the simulation. :book:

Eric is correct about replacing the Kuz with a new US carrier model.

Hmmm...

I find it interesting though that if you pull the Kuz into modelviewer the elevators will move with an argument selection. Why would it be mapped to do so if it never moves in the simulation. :book:

That may happen when you release a game before you've been given the time to finish it like you planned it!?

:music_whistling: ...UBI... :music_whistling:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F Gaming, Intel Core i7 9700k , 32gb Corsair DDR4-3200

Asus RTX 2070 super, Samsung 970 EVO Plus M2, Win10 64bit, Acer XZ321QU (WQHD)

TM HOTAS Warthog, SAITEK Rudder Pedals, TIR 5

The code for how aircraft take off, land and taxi around on the flight deck is completely detached from 3D models - it simply moves them around in space x, y and z axis.

So if you replace the Kuz model with a much larger Nimitz one, you will witness some really silly looking scenarios with aircraft floating in the air or moving around partly submerged into the flight deck - taking off, landing and parking in very odd places. Also the armament of the Kuz remains, which means that if attacked the ship will start firing Russian weapons from odd places - e.g. Granits from the middle of the flight deck :D .

The only thing you can get to work properly are the blast deflectors(because they are activated by arguments) - you could move the model in the max viewports in order to adjust the flight deck height, but of course that would affect how high/low the ship sits in the water.

The CVN-69 model you have is the same class of ship as the Vinson(CVN-70) in the game and if replacing this, you could get a perfectly functional ship.

JJ

If you land an F14 AI on the CVN it parks part way onto the forward lift, if that lift drops you get half an F14. I think the other lifts are used in much the same way for AI, so working lifts look great but are of no real use. If you find a way to fix that ?

Like the new CVN, great detail. We need more western ships in this sim.

Nesher, thanks for the comment. VNAO is just a piece of the pie. The real talent behind this project is Racer (modeling) and EricJ (texturing) that are really going to bring this project to great heights. ..

I know. I was thinking about them as part of the 'VNAO / US Carrier Fleet Mod' dev PIE! :P

It is good to see that this noble project lies in good hands.