DCS World Patch Notes Discussion Thread

BIGNEWY

My VR performance has dropped big time. This is the worse it's been in years for me. It stutters a lot and I can tell there's still memory leaks because after a certain time it constantly goes back and forth from 45 to low teens. smh :(

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

Really strange how it varies between users. My VR performance, and performance in general, went up in the latest OB build. Id say 2.5.5 levels in my case.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

Really strange how it varies between users. My VR performance, and performance in general, went up in the latest OB build. Id say 2.5.5 levels in my case.

Maybe with OCULUS software... but I doubt. in STEAM VR is totally impossible to have the same 2.5.5 performance with same settings.

Yes, for me the stuttering and FPS drops happens in Steam VR too (WMR, steam DCS version).

What is more awful is that I have found yesterday that during the first 1-2 minutes after jump into the cockpit, the game is completely unplayable.

After that, the freezed video when turn my head around happens many less times.

And after 10-15 minutes FPS drop and freezed video is no more.

It is like it needs to render things "heavily" at least first time and then, when all is in memory or whatever, all is more fluent.

Emmmm, this version of DCS needs to warm up as the mavericks or what? ^_^

If you are using NVIDIA GPU, deleting the NVIDIA shader cache might improve performance (look in AppData/Local/temp/).

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

Maybe with OCULUS software... but I doubt. in STEAM VR is totally impossible to have the same 2.5.5 performance with same settings.

There could be something there...

In my case, I've had very good results with the Rift S since the last patch.

Even on larger multiplayer servers like Blueflag Persian golf.

But I will keep an eye on that.

But a definite improvement so far.

:thumbup:

i5 - 8600K ~ 4ghz GeForce RTX 2080 32Gb DDR4 Windows 10 Oculus Rift S

I'm starting to believe that whatever problem there was in the first release of v2.5.6 related to performance is again present in this release for some of us.

I can see the same problems related with the ilumination that happened then:

MDF are blinding with NVG

control labels are superbright with NVG

City lights too bright

TPOD black hot completely useless in the night

and more issues related with ilumination.

(see attachments)

2083037374_bugs2_5_6_15th_july_1.thumb.png.dffad9f9d520543da96d696adaeab187.png

1128771144_bugs2_5_6_15th_july_2.png.939645de52cb1c2ced3ce321060ac71a.png

982338941_bugs2_5_6_15th_july_3.png.e55adec105ac8ad8fcf22e433e61f6f4.png

I wondered what was going on and why I cant see anything but white from about 10 miles out.

Is this a confirmed bug ED have acknowledged and are working to resolve do you know?

I guess now that because fixes and patches are being rolled out much less frequently, it could be a while before this is fixed?

Shame, because its a real problem.

At least acknowledged by parts of the community, but apparently the VR subforum is a part restricted to the mods and devs rdlaugh.png

If wishes were ponies, I'd fly... rainbowdashwink.png

Definately not. Oculus only here.

Emmmm, this version of DCS needs to warm up as the mavericks or what? ^_^

Yes, and every time for another 3 minutes when you select them again icon_redface.gif

If you are using NVIDIA GPU, deleting the NVIDIA shader cache might improve performance (look in AppData/Local/temp/).

"That's your world, not mine." - Not having anything nVidia related in there, just the usual Windows temp trash. As I was able to gather from the interwebz, there should be a NVIDIA Corporation\NV_Cache structure in there for that matter.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

For all those having VR performance issues, my performance was deplorable after the update, single digit frame rates and massive stuttering.

Oculus and Nvidia both had updates waiting, after I ran both updates the performance improved considerably, at least as good as it was before. I recommend you check for updates on oculus and Nvidia if you haven’t already!

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

I'm starting to believe that whatever problem there was in the first release of v2.5.6 related to performance is again present in this release for some of us.

I can see the same problems related with the ilumination that happened then:

MDF are blinding with NVG

control labels are superbright with NVG

City lights too bright

TPOD black hot completely useless in the night

and more issues related with ilumination.

(see attachments)

Everything in your images is normal NVG behaviour in a cockpit, except for that last image about the WHOT. But if you put on your NVG's in any other aircraft with MFD's like the A-10C or the F/A-18C you will have the same result, as would you in real life... that is why pilots generally look underneath the tubes when having them flipped down, or they just don't have the NVG's flipped down at all

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I am in favor of ED focusing on fixes in the base game for the next update. Focus on corrections and optimizations.

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

My performance on VR is much better after this update, and my system specs are really below recomended to VR.

Computer: Potato

Modules: FC3 | M2000C | A/V8B | Viggen | F-5E | F-14B | F-16C | F/A-18 | A-10C | Supercarrier :mad::mad: | UH-1 | MI-8 | Gazelle | KA-50

isnt it weird how people can have such wildly different experiences with the same piece of software? i understand differences in hardware, but still...

i hear peoples complaints sometimes of unplayable/awful/unusable/whatever...while mine works just fine, and i think, "are we really playing the same game?"

of course, having all the modules& playing on stable means if something slips thru and something doesnt work on one aircraft, i can just switch to another for awhile

but from a troubleshooting perspective, it must be maddening for the bug chasers to iron out the software when there isnt even a commonality to many peoples experiences

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

isnt it weird how people can have such wildly different experiences with the same piece of software? i understand differences in hardware, but still...

i hear peoples complaints sometimes of unplayable/awful/unusable/whatever...while mine works just fine, and i think, "are we really playing the same game?"

of course, having all the modules& playing on stable means if something slips thru and something doesnt work on one aircraft, i can just switch to another for awhile

but from a troubleshooting perspective, it must be maddening for the bug chasers to iron out the software when there isnt even a commonality to many peoples experiences

“Maddening”. Yes! Spent Saturday and Sunday morning in a well know multi player arena with flawless performance. Finally Actually spent time and figuring out srs and thought ” hell yes, finally got this shit figured. This afternoon, stutter city again. WTF. Cold reboot every time I start a session, never leave pc on. +- same number on the server, good ping. I just Don’t get it???

I9 (5Ghz turbo)2080ti 64Gb 3200 ram. 3 drives. A sata 2tb storage and 2 M.2 drives. 1 is 1tb, 1 is 500gb.

Valve Index, Virpil t50 cm2 stick, t50 base and v3 throttle w mini stick. MFG crosswind pedals.

I felt this way until recently. I haven't had any real issues until this last update. Stuttering bad. Even around nothing but water. I'll try a repair and see what happens.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

Puzzling to see the varied experience on the same software especially from the high-end systems where you would not expect stutters/unplayability issues.

Just saw a video on how having hardware Accelerated gpu scheduling could help with stuttering issue.

I did not see hags in this light when I first had it on( I had my expectations to high in fps boost).

This video shields some light and I would be trying it again to see how it would help me in vr.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

Yeah I agree. For me personally, the change is not thaaat big of a deal, and mostly noticable at low level when I went from having ~50fps to 35. I got it back by scaling back object shadows from default to flat, but yeah, it's weird.

Massive boost to VR performance for me, really really suprised! All my own (SP) missions with bit of ground unit eye candy now run locked at my reprojection speed. All the time. In my test missons with re projection off I went from av 35-40 fps to 45-50fps. This is a very big difference and with reprojection makes it a different game!!

Thanks ED. Once new headsets come out (and you support WMR...) DCS will be a VR monster.

No real difference for me.

As you say, must be baffling for the developers.

I do wonder if the players with issues are ensuring that they’ve tried system optimisation, have cleared shaders etc

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.