AGM-F with TPOD lock procedure?

majapahit

Can't lock, I'm confused. Last Wags shows how to lock moving target, ok, FLIR right and active, left MAV-F and caged. Lock TPOD moving target, now what? Won't slave to MAV. MAV-F works ok without TOPD.

This is Wag's 'we will tinker some more coming?' no MAVF yet? Maybe am I missing something.

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

Did you designate the target with the TPOD using TDC depress?

how else can one acquire track lock ..

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

hope help

i7 5960x 3.0@4.2GHz/ DDR4 16Gb 3000MHz @ / ASUS Rampage v крайняя x99 / SSD 240GB ASUS RAIDR Экспресс PCIe / 2xSSD 512GB raid.0 / 2xHDD 1Tb raid.0 / GeForce GTX Titan X / ASUS Rog Swift PG348Q 3440x1440/ HOTAS Warthog ™ / TrackIR 5

hope help

Looks good, but mine will rarely slave to MAVF, just tried again, first time yes with lock in view of MAVF seeker, sequence of 3 more turn ins, no, does not slave, in particular when target is out of MAVF seeker view, no slew turned in, depressing, FLIR active. Activate MAVF, uncaging, whatever, does nothing or weird.

Whats you're F18 setting 'realistic slew', I've tried both.

Is that a recent track because that is how it is supposed to work.

Edited by majapahit

I use the "simplified rotation"

Edited by KLEPA

i7 5960x 3.0@4.2GHz/ DDR4 16Gb 3000MHz @ / ASUS Rampage v крайняя x99 / SSD 240GB ASUS RAIDR Экспресс PCIe / 2xSSD 512GB raid.0 / 2xHDD 1Tb raid.0 / GeForce GTX Titan X / ASUS Rog Swift PG348Q 3440x1440/ HOTAS Warthog ™ / TrackIR 5

The problem I am seeing is that after Designating a target either by HUD or TPOD, the mavf will then try and slave to the designated target upon uncaging. However, if it sees any other lockable target during the slave, it locks it. Then I have to re-cage the MAVF and point the MAVF closer the to designated target and try again... I am usually caging, uncaging, until the MAVF picks the correct target/area.

My guess, is the MAVF should not be locking anything until the slave travel has finished... this would drive a Hornet Driver mad...

Edited by gonk

Intel Intel Core i7-8086K

32 Gig RAM

1 Tb Nvme SSD

EVGA 1080Ti

Win 10 64 Pro

LG 34UM95 34 inch Monitor

Track IR 5

Oculus Rift

HOTAS Warthog...mod'd TDC

SIMPEDS Pedals

The problem I am seeing is that after Designating a target either by HUD or TPOD, the mavf will then try and slave to the designated target upon uncaging. However, if it sees any other lockable target during the slave, it locks it. Then I have to re-cage the MAVF and point the MAVF closer the to designated target and try again... I am usually caging, uncaging, until the MAVF picks the correct target/area.

My guess, is the MAVF should not be locking anything until the slave travel has finished... this would drive a Hornet Driver mad...

I got the same Issue, seems like a bug to me. When slewing to the designated target it always stops on its way, like an offset or so.

I just started using the TPOD myself again Saturday myself after about a 6 month absence. I spent a good portion of the day trying to figure out what I was doing wrong. I got frustrated and walked away. Found this thread last nite,,,, I have no answers, thats why I am here

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

I got the same Issue, seems like a bug to me. When slewing to the designated target it always stops on its way, like an offset or so.

You will find it locks on to anything with high contrasts, so passing through a city scape is a real problem.

Just cage/uncage a few times. I guess just a bug.

32 Gig RAM

1 Tb Nvme SSD

EVGA 1080Ti

Win 10 64 Pro

Track IR 5

Oculus Rift

SIMPEDS Pedals

honestly all i have been doing is find a target with flir, change mode to ptrk, tdc depress to lock the target, then sensor select switch to the mfd showing mav display (i usually do mav left and tpod right). it always gets a lock. keep in mind you have to be close enough for the tpod to differentiate the target from a tree.

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

keep in mind you have to be close enough for the tpod to differentiate the target from a tree.

Which is the clue it seems, you need to be close enough for the MAV to not go astray, or even lock, and you can't slew nor relock, be way into Max Range, all which is WIP.

Just flew a mission against 4 moving vehicles and attempted to use 4 IR Mavs.

I tracked the targets on FLIR from over 20nm and got PTRK lock on the first at 12.

The Mav had a steady lock on the target and gave me a solution at 9nm. Rifle one.

I used the offset cursor + SS bump to acquire the remaining vehicles and in spite of awkward mech. I had no issues getting a steady lock with FLIR but the Mav was a different story. I didn't notice that 2 of them didn't lock on the FLIR target. They were not that much off but on a previous hop I had one of the Mavs locking a building at least a mile away.

If you keep pressing TDC on the your PTRK lock multiple times the Mav's seeker will eventually find the correct target. It's a mess.:cry:

https://youtu.be/VIRm1p0aSPo

honestly all i have been doing is find a target with flir, change mode to ptrk, tdc depress to lock the target, then sensor select switch to the mfd showing mav display (i usually do mav left and tpod right). it always gets a lock. keep in mind you have to be close enough for the tpod to differentiate the target from a tree.

I use it the same way, but the slewing to a target point was very precise to me, so far. So the Mav looked directly to the spot where the target was, even if i didn´t get a lock right away... why should it lock something around the target? maybe when its very close it is understandable, but in my situation it locked something quite far from the targets position.

mav + tgp is completely broken, i wouldn't even bother with it

1. having the maverick selected will block the FOV hotas command from the TGP, even if TGP is SOI

2. the maverick will "snag" on random objects such as buildings or trees when uncaging and slaving to the target

3. slewing the TGP while designating will cause the maverick to drift infinitely on that vector

4. not a bug, but it's impossible to slew the maverick when slaved to a target. you must undesignate the target which will also reset the TGP, another massive usability hindrance

mav + tgp is completely broken, i wouldn't even bother with it

1. having the maverick selected will block the FOV hotas command from the TGP, even if TGP is SOI

I read this is suppose to be how the TGP operates IRL.. I don't know about you, but things like this are silly to replicate. They should just make the TGP FOV work as per normal... When the TGP is SOI, just let the FOV command operate, not block it because the Mav's are fitted.

I am sure different countries would have slightly different setups..

32 Gig RAM

1 Tb Nvme SSD

EVGA 1080Ti

Win 10 64 Pro

Track IR 5

Oculus Rift

SIMPEDS Pedals

this is sick

procedures are constantly changing or becoming bugged. And I can not understand if it is bugged or changed until I see other players are having same problems. ED is making me paranoid

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5