VR Shaders mod for better VR experience

Any chance you can prepare and share both versions of those two, for those using latest stable release 2.5.6.49798 ?

I suppose it would be based on Kegety's 2.5.6.49314 mod version, as it's the only one I can get working with latest stable release.

Here you go , i haven't actually tested the IC Pass variant but it should work YMMV

DCS VR Shaders mod for 2.5.6.49314 (Clear Water).zip

DCS VR Shaders mod for 2.5.6.49314 (Clear Water, IC Pass).zip

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

Any chance you can prepare and share both versions of those two, for those using latest stable release 2.5.6.49798 ?

I suppose it would be based on Kegety's 2.5.6.49314 mod version, as it's the only one I can get working with latest stable release.

Here you go , i haven't actually tested the IC Pass variant but it should work YMMV
WOW ...you're quick! :) Many thanks mate, you're a star.

Both versions seem to work flawlessly with latest stable release 2.5.6.49798. thumbup.gif That's it!

I'm sticking with the non-IC version (as I don't do DCS online).

If I'm allowed the suggestion, please also add those to your signature, it'll help those using latest stable release. :smilewink:

CGTC Caucasus retexture mod  |  A-10A cockpit retexture mod  |  Shadows reduced impact mod  |  DCS 2.5.6  (the best version for performance, VR or 2D)

DCS terrain modules_July23_27pc_ns.pngDCS aircraft modules_July23_27pc_ns.png  aka Luke Marqs; call sign "Ducko" =

Spoiler

Win10 Pro x64 | Intel i7 12700K (@5.1/5.0p + 3.9e) | 64GB DDR4 3200 CL16 (Crucial Ballistix @xmp2) | RTX 3090 24GB EVGA FTW3 Ultra | 2TB NVMe (MP600 Pro XT) + 500GB SSD (WD Blue) + 3TB HDD (Toshiba P300) + 1TB HDD (WD Blue) | Corsair RMX 850W | Asus Z690 TUF+ D4 | TR PA120SE | Fractal Meshify C | M-Audio USB + Sennheiser HD-599SE | 7x USB 3.0 Hub | 50'' 4K Philips 7608/12 UHD TV (+Head Tracking) | HP Reverb G1 Pro (VR) | TM Warthog + Logitech X56 

also when you say its not working what do you mean?

I was able to get your version of the shaders going via JSGME. It turns out my problems were all down to me over-complicating things. This time around, I just loaded via JSGME, did not touch a single metashaders2, fxo, or any other cache folders, and started DCS and waited. Voila! Totally good to go now.

To add to that, once I knew that I had JSGME working correctly, I loaded up a couple of other mods, performed the registry edit that keeps the Windows game recording service from running, F-16C MFD/HUD clarity mod, and the terrain flat shadows mod package. That along with your DCS and NVIDIA control panel settings did the trick. It isn't like a night and day difference necessarily. But I'd say it's anywhere from 50-100% framerate improvement for sure. In Caucaus, it's a very big FR improvement. In the Persian Gulf in Dubai, not quite as huge. But definitely better. The key thing though is that I'm able to have MSAA and other settings turned up much higher. The cockpit and terrains are WAY better looking.

The ONLY thing I did not end up keeping of your settings was setting the shadows to high. I dropped them down to Medium to keep it just a tad smoother in Dubai. I could likely turn it up elsewhere but I figured this is as close as it gets to a "set it and forget it" DCS global VR setting.

Thanks for all the work you and Kegetys do to make VR DCS more enjoyable for all!

My DCS Rig: NZXT H710i * Ryzen 3900x 4.4GHz+ * NZXT Kraken x72 AIO * G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32GB(2x16GB) 3600MHz * 2x 1TB Sabrent Rocket 4.0 PCIe NVMe SSD * EVGA 2080 Ti Black Edition OC'd * Oculus FrankenQuest * Thrustmaster TFRP * Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS *PC Part Picker Build

Modules: A-10C * F/A-18C * F-16C * AV-8B * F-5E * FC3 * Extra 540 * Persian Gulf * Nevada * Normandy * Super Carrier * Vaicom Pro/VoiceAttack

I was able to get your version of the shaders going via JSGME. It turns out my problems were all down to me over-complicating things. This time around, I just loaded via JSGME, did not touch a single metashaders2, fxo, or any other cache folders, and started DCS and waited. Voila! Totally good to go now.

To add to that, once I knew that I had JSGME working correctly, I loaded up a couple of other mods, performed the registry edit that keeps the Windows game recording service from running, F-16C MFD/HUD clarity mod, and the terrain flat shadows mod package. That along with your DCS and NVIDIA control panel settings did the trick. It isn't like a night and day difference necessarily. But I'd say it's anywhere from 50-100% framerate improvement for sure. In Caucaus, it's a very big FR improvement. In the Persian Gulf in Dubai, not quite as huge. But definitely better. The key thing though is that I'm able to have MSAA and other settings turned up much higher. The cockpit and terrains are WAY better looking.

The ONLY thing I did not end up keeping of your settings was setting the shadows to high. I dropped them down to Medium to keep it just a tad smoother in Dubai. I could likely turn it up elsewhere but I figured this is as close as it gets to a "set it and forget it" DCS global VR setting.

Thanks for all the work you and Kegetys do to make VR DCS more enjoyable for all!

You may just had incorrect folder structure inside JSGME's _MOD folder. All mod makers don't do it same. Some just put the Bazar folder directly in the zip, some put them inside a folder with the name of their mod first, some don't even put them in folder structure if it's some simple .lua file. You usually have to make sure the folder structure follows the mod manager specification.

You may just had incorrect folder structure inside JSGME's _MOD folder. All mod makers don't do it same. Some just put the Bazar folder directly in the zip, some put them inside a folder with the name of their mod first, some don't even put them in folder structure if it's some simple .lua file. You usually have to make sure the folder structure follows the mod manager specification.

The truth is that I tried out JSGME when I was already frustrated and just assumed something in the process was broken. I was doing it all manually. But yeah, I used speed-of-heat's file with the tool and it worked perfectly. So I'm honestly not sure what I was doing wrong when I was doing it manually. But yeah, this is significantly easier. Duh. Lol

My DCS Rig: NZXT H710i * Ryzen 3900x 4.4GHz+ * NZXT Kraken x72 AIO * G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32GB(2x16GB) 3600MHz * 2x 1TB Sabrent Rocket 4.0 PCIe NVMe SSD * EVGA 2080 Ti Black Edition OC'd * Oculus FrankenQuest * Thrustmaster TFRP * Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS *PC Part Picker Build

Modules: A-10C * F/A-18C * F-16C * AV-8B * F-5E * FC3 * Extra 540 * Persian Gulf * Nevada * Normandy * Super Carrier * Vaicom Pro/VoiceAttack

Thank you for sticking with it. I’m glad it’s working, Kegetys really does all the Hardwork, I’m just the butcher, but, I’m glad you are working better than before!

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero

WOW ...you're quick! :) Many thanks mate, you're a star.

Both versions seem to work flawlessly with latest stable release 2.5.6.49798. thumbup.gif That's it!

I'm sticking with the non-IC version (as I don't do DCS online).

If I'm allowed the suggestion, please also add those to your signature, it'll help those using latest stable release. :smilewink:

Thank you and done.

Thank you for sticking with it. I’m glad it’s working, Kegetys really does all the Hardwork, I’m just the butcher, but, I’m glad you are working better than before!

Yeah it's definitely much smoother and nicer to look at. I do have one question you probably can answer somewhat easily:

Do you happy to know why my HUD is a little harder to read during the day? Everything also has kind of a haziness to it that gets thicker the further you get from my viewpoint. It seems to make night flying almost impossible. Sound familiar?

Alas no, it doesn’t ,sorry, there is a thread about fixing fuzzy fonts in the hornet DdI, that might help The hud as well https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3555460&postcount=117, which I already use hence me not noticing the problem you are seeing. Or it could be a delta between the reverb and your Oculus?

Everything also has kind of a haziness to it that gets thicker the further you get from my viewpoint.

It has been there since Lockon times. Reshade got rid of that by one of its effects but since it wont work with VR there is no alternative atm I'm afraid. Lowering Gamma is not really a good solution/workaround.

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Gainward Phantom GS RTX 3080 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds | DCS PD 1.0 / Steam VR SS 170%

Any news/suggestion about the not very visible F-16 HUD green data (and I guess all other jet HUD's)? I've the feeling that with previous shaders all was much more readable, more contrast, brighter green color (of course brightness is at max)..

Any news/suggestion about the not very visible F-16 HUD green data (and I guess all other jet HUD's)? I've the feeling that with previous shaders all was much more readable, more contrast, brighter green color (of course brightness is at max)..

Think I read there is to be a patch today....lets hope its addressed

Yeah it's definitely much smoother and nicer to look at. I do have one question you probably can answer somewhat easily:

Do you happy to know why my HUD is a little harder to read during the day? Everything also has kind of a haziness to it that gets thicker the further you get from my viewpoint. It seems to make night flying almost impossible. Sound familiar?

also this maybe https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=276066

Alas no, it doesn’t ,sorry, there is a thread about fixing fuzzy fonts in the hornet DdI, that might help The hud as well https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3555460&postcount=117, which I already use hence me not noticing the problem you are seeing. Or it could be a delta between the reverb and your Oculus?

I explained that badly. So there are actually two issues:

1. The HUD visibility issue. Just not as bright as it was before. I would say this could be because of the HUD/MFD readability mod I installed for the F-16C. But it's also effecting the A-10.

2. Everything looks kind of foggy/hazy maybe 4 or 5nm from my cockpit in any direction. Also, when flying at night, if I look up or have the sky in view at all, it just looks like there are a bunch of blobs of haze everywhere or as if there is a blanket covering the sky. Hard to describe. But it makes flying anything at night next to impossible because of how bad that messes with my depth perception.

Could any of these shaders be modified to possibly help with any of those issues? This might be a better question to ask directly to Kegetys since you are the "butcher" and all. Lol

I explained that badly. So there are actually two issues:

1. The HUD visibility issue. Just not as bright as it was before. I would say this could be because of the HUD/MFD readability mod I installed for the F-16C. But it's also effecting the A-10.

2. Everything looks kind of foggy/hazy maybe 4 or 5nm from my cockpit in any direction. Also, when flying at night, if I look up or have the sky in view at all, it just looks like there are a bunch of blobs of haze everywhere or as if there is a blanket covering the sky. Hard to describe. But it makes flying anything at night next to impossible because of how bad that messes with my depth perception.

Could any of these shaders be modified to possibly help with any of those issues? This might be a better question to ask directly to Kegetys since you are the "butcher" and all. Lol

*Quoting myself to keep it all in once place*

Oh and I almost forgot to say that my settings are exactly what yours are according to the thread you have a link to in your signature. Except I moved the shadows back down to medium and I am not playing via Steam. I did use the Oculus debug tool to achieve some of the same settings though and I also did make all of the modifications to the NVIDIA control panel for DCS.

where do you get the idea I'm playing on DCS on Steam from ? do you mean Steam VR? then yes i am :) I currently have shadows off , but, that shouldn't make much difference, I have seen the F-16 mod cause some grief in the 16, but no where else. The reverb drives about twice the pixels than the riift s , which might be why im not seeing what you are?

where do you get the idea I'm playing on DCS on Steam from ? do you mean Steam VR? then yes i am :) I currently have shadows off , but, that shouldn't make much difference, I have seen the F-16 mod cause some grief in the 16, but no where else. The reverb drives about twice the pixels than the riift s , which might be why im not seeing what you are?

I have a Quest but pretty sure that the Reverb still has a much higher pixel count. All I know for sure is that it didn't have the haziness before the shaders. But beyond that I have no idea. None of it is game breaking. Just game breaking at night.

I launch my game via the Oculus app. Is it possible to launch via Steam VR instead? Is there an advantage to going that route?

i understand its possible, its likely more bits of code, i know some people who do it for better streaming options, never run an Oculus so i wouldn't know, sorry m8... my bad alsmost the same number of pixels.. sorry i really don't know Oculus kit at all

Edited by speed-of-heat

i understand its possible, its likely more bits of code, i know some people who do it for better streaming options, never run an Oculus so i wouldn't know, sorry m8... my bad alsmost the same number of pixels.. sorry i really don't know Oculus kit at all

No worries at all, my friend. Your willingness to help and knowledge are much appreciated. I'm still a newby after all. Lol

As far as i can tell the shaders work with the latest 50726 patch

they've been updated for the latest beta.

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM | K-51 Collective + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

The Boeing MQ-25A Sting Ray = Dirt Devil with wings
 My wallpaper and skins

latest beta is 50726, current shaders are 50321, and the 50321 shaders still work :)

I read back a few pages and it appears others are having the HUD that is too dim issue along with other lighting issues as well. Here are the two threads I found about it. So it just appears it is the latest Open Beta version:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=276609

https://old.reddit.com/r/hoggit/comments/gw49wn/dcs_cockpit_lighting_looks_absolutely_horrible/

I don't think this explains my issues with the haziness though. I sent a PM to Kegetys so we'll see if we get it figured out.

Edited by texas_moto_maniac
Left something out

so a couple of tests on IC Pass, having put a server into Azure for shits and giggles, i have been playing around with IC levels, and provided you have compiled the shaders for the particular aircraft and terrain (loaded them once) and exited the game, You can use the Clear Water version of the mod, and i assume Kegetys full patch on any server that does not require "Pure Textures" ...

I read back a few pages and it appears others are having the HUD that is too dim issue along with other lighting issues as well. Here are the two threads I found about it. So it just appears it is the latest Open Beta version:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=276609

https://old.reddit.com/r/hoggit/comments/gw49wn/dcs_cockpit_lighting_looks_absolutely_horrible/

I don't think this explains my issues with the haziness though. I sent a PM to Kegetys so we'll see if we get it figured out.

But 50726 is latest, they have fixed HUD in patch notes.