The DCS Updater / Launcher GUI Utility Version 2.0 (2023+)

Thought there was a way that it did auto update. Can't see where it did, or how to do it. My brain is fried today.

----------------

AKA_Clutter

Win 10 Pro, Intel i7 8700k @4.6 GHz, EVGA RTX 3080  FTW, Ultra 64 GB G.Skill DDR4 3600 RAM, Acer 27" flat screen, Oculus Rift S, HP Reverb G2, CH Fighterstick, Pro Throttle and Pro Rudder Pedals HOTAS, TM Warthog HOTAS, MFG Rudder Pedals, TrackIR 5 Pro w/Vector Expansion, PointCTRL.

I am getting the Boolean error InvalidCastException: Conversion from string "to type 'Boolean' I have deleted the old settings and rebooted a few times still does not work when I press continue the intro screen comes up and it just hangs there. The prev version I reinstalled works fine

Flight Rig: Ryzen 7 5800X; 32 Gig DDR4 3600; Focus 1000W; ASUS TUF RTX 3090 TI OC Edition; Corsair 500D Airflow VR: HP Reverb G2

Gaming Rig: Ryzen 9 3900X; 32 Gig DDR4 3000; Gigabyte 3070 TI OC Edition; Phanteks Eclipse P400

I am getting the Boolean error InvalidCastException: Conversion from string "to type 'Boolean' I have deleted the old settings and rebooted a few times still does not work when I press continue the intro screen comes up and it just hangs there. The prev version I reinstalled works fine

Which user.settings did you delete?

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

i removed the ones for the prev version i had installed located

C:\Users\stron\AppData\Local\Skate_Zilla_Graphics_Stud\DCS_Updater_Utility.exe_StrongName_eyxzuj3cktofe3uzj1jdj4xy20o4mjbq\1.1.0.1029

now i reinstalled the prev version and it works the new one still does not gives the error and just sits on the start screen even after reboots

Flight Rig: Ryzen 7 5800X; 32 Gig DDR4 3600; Focus 1000W; ASUS TUF RTX 3090 TI OC Edition; Corsair 500D Airflow VR: HP Reverb G2

Gaming Rig: Ryzen 9 3900X; 32 Gig DDR4 3000; Gigabyte 3070 TI OC Edition; Phanteks Eclipse P400

actually just figured out what was going on it was min in the try and I was only seeing the splash screen feel kinda dumb lol everything works now.

thanks for all your hard work

Edited by Ghostman

actually just figured out what was going on it was min in the try and I was only seeing the splash screen feel kinda dumb lol everything works now.

thanks for all your hard work

side affect if the loading settings exception. splash would stay up and app would be in tray because after the exception the rest of the form load commands would not be processed.

I've already re-organized the entire save and load settings and put exception catches for each part, so if I add something new or the settings file is corrupted in a part, it will exception catch skip that setting and continue loading w/o problems.

It will also note in the log as it's loading each part and if there are any exceptions.

so next build going forward this shouldnt be an issue anymore w/ new or old settings being removed.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

Quick Hotfix/Update to resolve loading exceptions etc.

v06.06.2020.1 / 1.1.0.1031:

-Added External Apps Checkboxes to User.Settings Save

-Rewrote Save.Settings Function

-Rewrote Load.Settings Function

-Added Exception Catches to load settings by section

-Added Load/Save.Settings Events to Log

-Moved Steam/Oculus from Ext. Apps to VR Interface Section of Settings Screen.

For Next build:

-Adding Custom User Path for User Profile/Saved Games.

-Updates to module scanning:

Condensed 575 Lines and from 164 File Scan Requests to 82 Directory Scan Requests

-Updated Module Developer Names

-Adjusted Log Functions

-Adjusted Start Up Procedure

-Adjusted Ext. App Settings For TRACKIR, TeamSpeak, SRS and Tacview. (Browse to EXE instead of Folder, Re-wrote launch commands).

-Fixed Error in SRS Selected Ext. App Settings Save/Load

Edited by SkateZilla

I'm having problems with External Applications TrackIR and TeamSpeak. They never launch the program/clent when i press the launch button.

Always error: Unhandled exception has occured in your application.

Other applications launch and work fine.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

I'm having problems with External Applications TrackIR and TeamSpeak. They never launch the program/clent when i press the launch button.

Did you browse to the correct folder and get green indicators?

What would cause the app to only use http FTP downloads?

I have been trying to update to the lastest version, and it's not using torrents at all, and I'm losing all the data every time I lose the internet, which is 4-5 times a day..

I just lost 5 GB of data due to the connection dropping, and yesterday I lost 7 GB, almost a whole download worth.

AMD Ryzen 9 7845HX with Radeon Graphics           3.00 GHz

32 GB RAM

2 TB SSD

RTX 4070 8GB

Windows 11 64 bit

The app does not do the downloading. It just makes using DCSUpdater easier. DCSUpdater still does all of the heavy lifting.

ED recently changed to a CDN network for pushing its updates, which is why they are all HTTP downloads now. I do not know that you can torrent updates anymore.

The app does not do the downloading. It just makes using DCSUpdater easier. DCSUpdater still does all of the heavy lifting.

ED recently changed to a CDN network for pushing its updates, which is why they are all HTTP downloads now. I do not know that you can torrent updates anymore.

Awesome.. no more updates for me then till I get back home to Thailand , as currently stuck in Iraq due to covid, and my IT will have a fit as I had managed to get the 7GB, then 5 GB over the weekend on the net, and now every time it loses the connection, any download resets to zero.

May as well shelve DCS for a few months then, not what I was wanting to hear, regarding torrents.

AMD Ryzen 9 7845HX with Radeon Graphics           3.00 GHz

32 GB RAM

2 TB SSD

RTX 4070 8GB

Windows 11 64 bit

Awesome.. no more updates for me then till I get back home to Thailand , as currently stuck in Iraq due to covid, and my IT will have a fit as I had managed to get the 7GB, then 5 GB over the weekend on the net, and now every time it loses the connection, any download resets to zero.

May as well shelve DCS for a few months then, not what I was wanting to hear, regarding torrents.

Ask in the general DCS forums, there is a way to enter configuration options for the updater and I believe something in the line of saving dovnloaded data at the temp folder after the installation is done. Might be of some help, but maybe it only worked for the torrented data. Asking doesn't hurt.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

That sucks. Particularly since the last round of updates (especially Stable) were pretty large.

I don't know that it will help, but I did see that some were having better luck with speeds if they were using a VPN and switching locations.

I do not remember seeing anywhere that torrents were still an option. There used to be a hack that would allow you to use an actual BT client, but it does not appear that is still an option.

can you update this app through the app or do I have to keep downloading the latest build? Thanks for the info.

Currently the App does not self update.

Windows update can also cause errors for DCS, any game updates or user actions involving admin permissions. The latest windows 10 update corrupted my user account data and removed my ability to give user admin permissions. Therefore DCS was unable to update or repair even via the CMD method. I couldn`t even open the CMD window with admin permissions w/o a user account error. I was looking at a Windows refresh or reinstall.

After much digging I found replacing the 32 & 40 image files within my windows user account pictures with those copied from from the same location on my laptop, solved the issue and restored my admin permissions. Thus allowing me to update DCS as usual.

Edited by Zoomer

I'm having problems with External Applications TrackIR and TeamSpeak. They never launch the program/client when i press the launch button.

Did you browse to the correct folder and get green indicators?

Yes (and no), in the predefined TrackIR and TeamSpeak with their own icon showing, it doesn't work, always getting the error there but it does for SRS and Tacview although the SRS ticmark is gone after every start of the updater. If i set TrackIR and TeamSpeak up on one of the Custom Application lines, i get a green indicator and there it works.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

All i can say is download it and learn how to use it.

Superb App and a must have for DCS. It makes life so much more simple.

Virtual Beer to Skate Zilla for his efforts in providing it.

How much longer, Ops? The engine’s overheating and so am I. We either stand down or blow up. Which do you want?

:pilotfly::pilotfly::pilotfly:

Yes (and no), in the predefined TrackIR and TeamSpeak with their own icon showing, it doesn't work, always getting the error there but it does for SRS and Tacview although the SRS ticmark is gone after every start of the updater. If i set TrackIR and TeamSpeak up on one of the Custom Application lines, i get a green indicator and there it works.

Thank you, I will look into this behavior again.

ah in which case.. can i say i dont get any app launches with DCS regardless of it being a custom (with a green light) or a regular app

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg