DCS World Patch Notes Discussion Thread

BIGNEWY

Thanks for the heads-up. To be honest, I didn't even know about the holidays in Russia. If I had known, I hadn't said a thing about the silence because the reason would have been obvious :)

It was just that the Hornet upgrades were promised by the end of last month and that date just passed by without any real update. Of course you guys kept giving people info that there were no news, but still something official, announcement-like would have been better. Like 'Sorry but the promised Hornet additions will be late. Due to the corona crisis, Russian holidays and the fact that we are working full-steam on the SC we can't give you a date yet etc.' Would have kept a lot of people, including me, way more patient. And would have saved you from answering the same question over and over again in numerous places.

By the way, I'm always saying that stuff should be posted here instead of reddit. But in this case I think it's fine. NL was just answering a question over there, we can't seriously expect ED staff to post every little thing they say somewhere here on the forums as well. It's totally fine imho as long as we get the important things here first. Like with Kate's announcement last month or the Hornet roadmap. Something like that would have been nice in this case, too. Nothing big, just a short status update.

It's my guess anyway that we won't see any major patch before the Supercarrier.

At this point it seems to be the case if there wasn't one today. If we are lucky we might get both next week, if not probably the week after unless there are other major issues.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Yeah we've been asking but there doesn't really seem to be much coordination there. Or a realization that hey if I post X on reddit, I should post it here. Maybe the mods could start a random useful thoughts thread and just dump whatever they post over on reddit over there too. IDK...

Anything would be better then what we currently have going on, but I'm not holding my breathe. They will get around to it when they feel the need too I guess. It sucks but they ain't changing anytime soon.

I don't know anything about software developement but from what I understand they are probably all working on the supercarrier build. And I think if they made another patch with new systems and stuff that would require a seperate branch both for dev and testing. If it didn't include the carrier as well. But like I said, it's just a guess.

You aren't really wrong, except they aren't all working on this particular build. The 3d guys are doing whatever, their ww2 team is doing whatever they do etc. But their current build team guys are likely working on fixing "THE BUILD" which is going to be the SC plus whatever else. About all we can do is wish them luck at this point, and hope the guys got to do the closed beta are worth it.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

• ED Team

Good morning all,

Just want reiterate we have no news about a patch date yet, as soon as we do we will let everyone know.

Please try and keep this thread for patch note discussion.

Thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

We've been asking for something like this for the a while, they don't seem to care to do that. 9L said they are more than happy to let users cut and paste that information where needed.

Well mostly that works quite well already. But often, when 9L or BN have this very thread locked because of no news to share and no discussions on the actual notes taking place, someone's gonna open up a new thread that they then have to moderate by eg merging with this one - so either way, they're got work on their plates. Maybe we should have a sticky "When'sday" thread for those questions and sharing info that have been picked up on other platforms which also would clean the patch notes thread itself from having the reoccuring "when's the next update coming?".

It's my guess anyway that we won't see any major patch before the Supercarrier.

I'd be OK with that... I mean, we're most likely not getting an update this week anymore although I'd appreciate a pleasant surprise. But I'd rather expect an update to hit next "When'sday" (damn I love that pun), the 13th. That might not even have the SC or announced Hornet/Viper features.

I still take the two weeks rule, that would make another update coming on 27th. Wouldn't really expect the SC before the 20th anyway because of the "we don't release while a sale is going on" thing.

Last, but not least, the more time the thing is in the oven, the more likely it will be scorched in the end... rdlaugh.png

... wait a minute, did I just say that? icon_redface.gif

Of course, this increases the chance that we might see our (VR) performance come back eventually dealwithit.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

• ED Team

Hi all,

I don't want to lock this thread again, discuss but please keep it for the patch notes.

Users come here to find information on the patch notes, we have other threads for other feedback

thanks

Edited by BIGNEWY

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Well mostly that works quite well already. But often, when 9L or BN have this very thread locked because of no news to share and no discussions on the actual notes taking place, someone's gonna open up a new thread that they then have to moderate by eg merging with this one - so either way, they're got work on their plates. Maybe we should have a sticky "When'sday" thread for those questions and sharing info that have been picked up on other platforms which also would clean the patch notes thread itself from having the reoccuring "when's the next update coming?".

I'd be OK with that... I mean, we're most likely not getting an update this week anymore although I'd appreciate a pleasant surprise. But I'd rather expect an update to hit next "When'sday" (damn I love that pun), the 13th. That might not even have the SC or announced Hornet/Viper features.

I still take the two weeks rule, that would make another update coming on 27th. Wouldn't really expect the SC before the 20th anyway because of the "we don't release while a sale is going on" thing.

Last, but not least, the more time the thing is in the oven, the more likely it will be scorched in the end... rdlaugh.png

... wait a minute, did I just say that? icon_redface.gif

Of course, this increases the chance that we might see our (VR) performance come back eventually dealwithit.png

I also don't want to see releasing update patch until Carrier Launched

i want to see an update before Carrier, everything patched wrong is correct before release, If all that works ok. Also the 50% Wodka VR Patch.

• AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 64GB DDR4-3600 MHz, Gigabyte Aorus Pro-P B550M, Zotac RTX 3090, Varjo Aero

I've become convinced we're waiting for the SupeCarrier for the next patch. Perhaps it's so deeply embedded in the development versions that they can't easily separate it out and update everything else.

That's fine. Just like the last several years I enjoy what works in DCS, and steer clear of what doesn't while waiting for fixes or updates. Keeps it interesting....

This!

I enjoy what works in DCS, and steer clear of what doesn't while waiting for fixes or updates. Keeps it interesting....

This, totally.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

This, totally.

To be honest I get depressed reading these forums sometimes because it feels like there's nothing but problems but the reality is people don't post about the things that work and the vaaaaaast majority of things in DCS do work and they work really well.

So when something doesn't it kinda sticks out like a sore thumb but I try not to let that bother me as much as I can.

DCS F/A-18C :sorcerer:

IF ED is publishing patches every week and of course BUGS comes out due to short testing, ppl ask to polish and test first.

IF ED holds the patch for further testing and don't launch patches every week, you ask for a patch every week.

WHAT do you want afterall? Stop acting like childs, I am sure most ppl here are at least 30+ years old.

A-10C / AJS-37 / AV-8B / BF-109 / KA-50 / F-14 / F-16C / F-5E / F/A-18C / FC3 / JF-17 / F-86 / M-2000C / MiG-21bis / P-51D / Spitfire LF Mk. IX / UH-1H Huey

it's easy to say "skip what doesn't work", worse if you can't. The hornet has so many problems that it can only be used for sightseeing flights. First you need to fix what is already there and then introduce new items. There is nothing to rush, tests, tests and tests again

Edited by padonis

IF ED is publishing patches every week and of course BUGS comes out due to short testing, ppl ask to polish and test first.

IF ED holds the patch for further testing and don't launch patches every week, you ask for a patch every week.

WHAT do you want afterall? Stop acting like childs, I am sure most ppl here are at least 30+ years old.

We need new features in patch,not bugs,most of modules are EA,if there is no patch,the modules will in EA for more time.

ED said that in the end of April we will get AG radar,SLAM and more pod features,and? It is already May,we still get no patch!

通过我的 V1955A 上的 Tapatalk发言

A-10C Warthog,Flaming Cliffs 3,F-16C VIPER,F/A-18C HORNET,Super Carrier,AV-8B Night Attack V/STOL,Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight,Black Shark 2,SA342 Gazelle,UH-1H Huey,Persian Gulf Map,Combined Arms

Intel i7-14700KF| Colorful iGame GeForce RTX 2070 AD Special OC GDDR6 8G | Acer PREDATOR 32g DDR5 6000MHZ | MSI PRO Z790A-MAX | Kingston KC3000 1T SSD M.2 | ST 12T HDD 7200RPM | AOC 2790PQU 27'' 4K |Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog PC

• ED Team

Morning all,

a quick sitrep.

We do not have a firm date for the next patch yet, when we do we will share it with you all.

Thank you

Seems they are in trouble of some kind.

First the missed release of SC, then the missed "end of April" update of the F/A-18, and now a couple of weeks without any updates.

The last update was kind of meager.

The consequence of too many EA modules and the performance troubles with 2.5.6 seems to have creeped up on ED.

Now we can only hope that there is more "meat on the bone" for the next update, whenever it will come.

i7-10700K 3.8-5.1Ghz, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 12GB, 1 x 1 TB SSD, 2 x 2TB SSD2 TB,  1 x 2 TBHDD 7200 RPM, Win10 Home 64bit, Meta Quest 3.

To be honest I get depressed reading these forums sometimes because it feels like there's nothing but problems but the reality is people don't post about the things that work and the vaaaaaast majority of things in DCS do work and they work really well.

So when something doesn't it kinda sticks out like a sore thumb but I try not to let that bother me as much as I can.

Yes, actually if I were to make a brief summary of DCS I would say "the most amazing thing I've seen in a commercial product. The only place where you can take a high fidelity plane in VR and think for some minutes you are actually fliying a military grade simulator".

But that is a normal human behavior, in forum you always see a negative bias because people feels it is the place to voice out their discomfort, and it is kind of true. So basically, when analyzing any forum or product review board you definetely need to take away between 15/35% of negative feedback, which is in fact artificial, if after removing that percentage the feedback is still bad, run away :P. In general I don't see so much rage in these forum except for some thread every now and then. That is in line with the amazing quality of ED and other 3rd parties products.

Seems they are in trouble of some kind.

First the missed release of SC, then the missed "end of April" update of the F/A-18, and now a couple of weeks without any updates.

The last update was kind of meager.

The consequence of too many EA modules and the performance troubles with 2.5.6 seems to have creeped up on ED.

Now we can only hope that there is more "meat on the bone" for the next update, whenever it will come.

I really prefer a smaller pace in updates if we trade it for quality. I really hope that the new closed beta test group is doing its job and pointing potential issues.

i7 12700KF | MSI Z690 A-PRO | Corsair Vengeance 2x16 gb @ 3200 Mhz | RTX 3070 Ti FE | Acer XB271HU 1440P 144HZ | Virpil T-50 CM throttle | Virpil WarBRD Base + MongoosT-50 CM2 Grip | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR 5 | HP Reverb G2

Bf 109 K-4 | Fw 190 A-8 | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | P-51D | Fw 190 D-9 | P-47D | Mosquito FB VI | F/A 18C | F-14 A/B | F-16C | MiG-15bis | MiG-21bis | M-2000C | A-10C | AJS-37 Viggen | UH-1H | Ka-50 | Mi-24P | C-101 | Flaming Cliffs 3

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | The Channel | Syria

How ironic that the first reply to this post was "duh, just don't have any bugs!".

Sigh.

Honestly, the new patch is ready when it's ready. We'll see how it will turn out, hopefully waiting longer will also mean way fewer bugs.