[REPORTED]2.5.6 Performance

Having tested the latest patch with the same mission spawn as my previous post I'm now back to Vsnc'ing at 60 FPS in 2D. I'll test some more but that was 40FPS before the patch.

Edit: Seems much better when trying with the 4YA Nevada MP mission offline, but when I turn on the SA page in the F/A-18 the FPS drops to 20. Turn the SA page off and back to 60FPS.

Edit 2: SA page works ok on left and right MFD, just the centre one now causes massive FPS drops. Strange thing is the same is now true when running 2.5.5 when I know it was fine before the last patch for 2.5.6. Can the update have modified a config setting or something common to both installs which are running on separate drives?

People have reported this is an issue with an Nvidia Driver, cant remember what exact version to roll back to to fix the issue but its around here somewhere on the forum

People have reported this is an issue with an Nvidia Driver, cant remember what exact version to roll back to to fix the issue but its around here somewhere on the forum

Many thanks for that...you were spot on :thumbup:

I have no idea how a graphics driver could decide what MFD to dislike, but back to normal with a roll back.

Intel Core i3 8350K 4GHz, MSI RTX 2080 Super, AS Rock Z370 Pro4 Motherboard, Samsung SSD, 32G DDR4 RAM, Windows 10 PRO 64 Bit

Rift-S, Tripple Samsung 27" C27F Display, Hotas Warthog, Saitek Pro Flight rudder pedals, EDtracker, Track IR.

Many thanks for that...you were spot on :thumbup:

I have no idea how a graphics driver could decide what MFD to dislike, but back to normal with a roll back.

Which driver have you gone back to mate?

i7 8700k @ 5.0ghz. Strix GTX1080Ti. 32GB RAM @ 3600. 2x Hyper X SSD’s with DCS on one. Oculus Rift S. Asus PG278-QR. Liquid Series PC with liquid CPU and GPU cooling.

Which driver have you gone back to mate?

I rolled back to 26.21.14.4219.

I'd updated to 26.21.14.4587 earlier this week, but had no idea it had broken the F/A 18's middle MFD SA page for some crazy reason.

Intel Core i3 8350K 4GHz, MSI RTX 2080 Super, AS Rock Z370 Pro4 Motherboard, Samsung SSD, 32G DDR4 RAM, Windows 10 PRO 64 Bit

Rift-S, Tripple Samsung 27" C27F Display, Hotas Warthog, Saitek Pro Flight rudder pedals, EDtracker, Track IR.

I rolled back to 26.21.14.4219.

I'd updated to 26.21.14.4587 earlier this week, but had no idea it had broken the F/A 18's middle MFD SA page for some crazy reason.

That’s odd re the SA page. I haven’t tried the SA page with the latest driver I’ve installed but weirdly I’m getting some parts of the scenery blurring when in VR, which I didn’t have on previous drivers.

I’ve never rolled a driver back so do I do this through the NVIDIA site and search for them?

i7 8700k @ 5.0ghz. Strix GTX1080Ti. 32GB RAM @ 3600. 2x Hyper X SSD’s with DCS on one. Oculus Rift S. Asus PG278-QR. Liquid Series PC with liquid CPU and GPU cooling.

That’s odd re the SA page. I haven’t tried the SA page with the latest driver I’ve installed but weirdly I’m getting some parts of the scenery blurring when in VR, which I didn’t have on previous drivers.

I’ve never rolled a driver back so do I do this through the NVIDIA site and search for them?

I found you can use device manager.. There is a "roll back to previous version" button under the properties /driver tab of the Nvidia display adapter.

The windows Version number is slightly unhelpful in rolling back via the nvidia site:

https://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us

the current release is 445.87 and the version NAKED rolled back to was 442.19

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

30mikemike, love the name brother. Here is a bad ass link that will give you directions how to roll your driver back from NVIDIA. Easy to do. Did mine in less than 2 minutes.

https://www.top-password.com/blog/rollback-nvidia-driver-to-previous-version-in-windows-10/

Confirmed it was rolled correctly with the NVIDIA experience app that tells you what driver you are using. Holler if you have trouble, I will walk you through it.

This is one is for the devs and anyone interested in the latest NVIDIA patch issues. So after looking at the last few posts on rolling back the drivers to the previous one (I will list below) I saw a considerable improvement going back to the last NVIDIA driver prior to the current new one. I just ran a night flight twice doing carrier traps in VR. The MFD brightness and zoom level improved again. Not only that, the night lighting was still working correctly, meaning no clipping or issues with ground lights at night in VR. I think the latest ED patch corrected that one, I do not think the NVIDIA patch was the issue with the night lighting.

I thought the issues I was having was all on ED, but I soon realized, about the same day right before the last ED patch came out, NVIDIA also released their driver patch. I am wondering if this is a bigger root cause to the performance hits people are seeing vs all of it being on ED. That being said, ED you have my apologies for thinking it was all on you guys. While obviously there are things that need tending too, anyone seeing performance hits with DCS and who just updated their NVIDIA patch, I would highly suggest following the link I posted above and rolling back to the last patch until a better one comes out or Ed releases their next one.

Newest NVIDIA patch 445.87 released 4/15/20

Previous NVIDIA patch 445.75 (the one I am currently using I rolled back to, improved the issues I was seeing with patch 2.5.6.47224 below)

DCS Patch 2.5.6.47224 (started Noticing issues with VR performance and VR zoom in cockpit) released 4/16/20

DCS Patch 2.5.6.47404 (notice the fix with night lighting) released 4/22/20

Edited by robert.clark251

This is one is for the devs and anyone interested in the latest NVIDIA patch issues. So after looking at the last few posts on rolling back the drivers to the previous one (I will list below) I saw a considerable improvement going back to the last NVIDIA driver prior to the current new one. I just ran a night flight twice doing carrier traps in VR. The MFD brightness and zoom level improved again. Not only that, the night lighting was still working correctly, meaning no clipping or issues with ground lights at night in VR. I think the latest ED patch corrected that one, I do not think the NVIDIA patch was the issue with the night lighting.

I thought the issues I was having was all on ED, but I soon realized, about the same day right before the last ED patch came out, NVIDIA also released their driver patch. I am wondering if this is a bigger root cause to the performance hits people are seeing vs all of it being on ED. That being said, ED you have my apologies for thinking it was all on you guys. While obviously there are things that need tending too, anyone seeing performance hits with DCS and who just updated their NVIDIA patch, I would highly suggest following the link I posted above and rolling back to the last patch until a better one comes out or Ed releases their next one.

Previous NVIDIA patch 445.75 (the one I am currently using I rolled back to, improved the issues I was seeing with patch 2.5.6.47224 below)

DCS Patch 2.5.6.47224 (started Noticing issues with VR performance and VR zoom in cockpit) released 4/16/20

hmm sounds like nvidia and ed playing cat&mouse catch-up game?

Your pc assembly?

🖥️MSI PRO Z690-A DDR4, Kingston 3600 MHz 64 Gb, i5 12600K, Gigabyte RTX 4090, Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus,🕹️VKB NXT Premium.

My PC specs as requested

Windows 10 (64 obviously)

Intel I9-9900K 8Core

32 GB of Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB Ram 3200 MHZ

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti

885 GB SSD drive

VR is the PIMAX 8K

I will get my VR setting posted to this when I log back in, but pretty much everything on high, PD at 1 inside the sim, PIMAX tool is running PD at 1.75. Performance is great with the sim.

Edited by robert.clark251

I am using stress test mission with 400 moving ground units, in DCS OB i get 7-8 fps on start

[update] - i just installed DCS stable - and my FPS rised to 25-ish !!!

I also noticed this - look at the two pictures - these are from FPS counter windows...In DCS OB it looks like some sort of memory leak - VideoMEM and MEM are reported as 0 !!!

I have 32 GB ram, and RTX2060super with 8 GB ram!!

1788601416_dcs.jpg.205805f76c1d2a77c70ad3b860ef5bbd.jpg

1775511209_dcsOB.jpg.283b41a67b015abf30ca86cb75286386.jpg

Edited by hreich

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

I played F 14 on stable 2.5.5 and OB 2.5.6. and never had significant fps drop. Few weeks ago I bought F 18 and I only played on 2.5.6. and when I turn on SA page on any DDI my fps drop grom 70-80 fps to 15-30 fps. Any advice on that issue?

I played F 14 on stable 2.5.5 and OB 2.5.6. and never had significant fps drop. Few weeks ago I bought F 18 and I only played on 2.5.6. and when I turn on SA page on any DDI my fps drop grom 70-80 fps to 15-30 fps. Any advice on that issue?

really? no performance loss on 2.5.6? I believe you are the first and only one to state that! (though I may be wrong)

I never cheked fps while playing Tomcat, so i didnt say that I dont have performance drop, but this drop was probably not that significant, becasue I could play game relativly normal. But with hornet, when I turn SA page on fps go down sometimes more then 4x. This means game is unplayable.

F-18 Hornet large performance drop when enabled SA page. offline and online

Solved this problem with nvdia driver rollback. Using 442.74 no problem with SA page.

i9 9900k, 64 Go RAM, RTX 4090, Warthog HOTAS Throttle & Stick, Saitek Combat Rudder, MFD Cougar, Trackir 5 Pro, Multipurpose UFC and Oculus Rift S (when I want some VR),

http://www.twitch.tv/zarma4074 /  https://www.youtube.com/user/Zarma4074 

Copy-of-DCS-A-10C-User-Bar-CMR-ConvertImage.jpg

Solved this problem with nvdia driver rollback. Using 442.74 no problem with SA page.

Same here, problem solved with Nvidia driver rollback to 442.74

Intel® Core i7-7700K @4,20GHz - 64 Go RAM - GeForce GTX 1070 Ti - Windows Pro 64 bit - Stream Deck - HOTAS Warthog

Quick feedback of the newest OB 2.5.6.47404 patch with VR Oculus CV1:

Frame rate "is back", stable @45 where I expect it to be.

I have now the chance to use shadows in the cockpit again, yeah babe, we are now where we have been 3 months ago.

Only exception is when I make the F-16 LANTIRN pod to quickly change view angles, the sim starts flickering, which then goes away very quickly.

Currently I have done some tests in in Nevada.

I will do some tests in PG today. Looking forward ...

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

Quick feedback of the newest OB 2.5.6.47404 patch with VR Oculus CV1:

Frame rate "is back", stable @45 where I expect it to be.

I have now the chance to use shadows in the cockpit again, yeah babe, we are now where we have been 3 months ago.

Only exception is when I make the F-16 LANTIRN pod to quickly change view angles, the sim starts flickering, which then goes away very quickly.

Currently I have done some tests in in Nevada.

I will do some tests in PG today. Looking forward ...

Sorry but NO.

We are definitively not at 2.5.5 level of performance. With your configuration you are back above the threshold required for ASW to kick in but I am sure you had more margin before.

I am using the HP reverb and have to lower pixel density from 1.3 to 1 to have it run decently (still not perfecr) so I guess that's the kind of performance drop we are still suffering from.

Sorry but NO.

We are definitively not at 2.5.5 level of performance. With your configuration you are back above the threshold required for ASW to kick in but I am sure you had more margin before.

I am using the HP reverb and have to lower pixel density from 1.3 to 1 to have it run decently (still not perfecr) so I guess that's the kind of performance drop we are still suffering from.

Sorry, but YES, considering my config and getting used to fly @45 on my "medium-performing" machine. :D

I never have been @90 with the Viper with ANY configuration in VR. 90 is only possible on emtpy map with F-5 Tiger (edit: and the Flaming Cliff aircraft).

So I cannot say how far I was away from 90 in 2.5.5, and I cannot say how far I am now from 90.

No idea how to do this kind of evaluation :dunno:

Edited by TOViper

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

No idea how to do this kind of evaluation :dunno:

You can see your margin with regard to the 45fps threshold by turning off ASW altogether. I bet you lost fps from 2.5.5 of course it is not an immediate issue for you since you still get your 45fps but it reduces your margin and it might become problematic when ED decides to update something else...:music_whistling:

You can see your margin with regard to the 45fps threshold by turning off ASW altogether. I bet you lost fps from 2.5.5 of course it is not an immediate issue for you since you still get your 45fps but it reduces your margin and it might become problematic when ED decides to update something else...:music_whistling:

Will try, but turning off ASW in Windows 10 howto?

Apart from that I posted in the wrong forum, f..k. Sorry!

I will post my experience there, so disregard all after "good morning" ...

my computer: