DCS: P-47D-30 Discussion

Barrett_g

Awesome! Hope we get the 108gal tanks of the 51 too! Really looking forward to the P47 - probably my most anticipated module.

Im looking forward to make endurance flight in p-51 with both 108 gal tanks attached

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

Are you sure about the 190D and 109? I don't see much of an issue with them, but anyways, it is reported, and is a complex fix. Please stop swinging threads offtopic, I know its an important issue, but spamming it about won't get it fixed any faster. Thanks.

Please Tell me this, 7years ago I like many others paid over $60 hard earned dollars for the Jug and now 7years later I'm not hearing anything that indicates I will ever get what I paid for while I'm still alive to enjoy.

Whats worst is ED will not let you choose a different module in place of this.

You have and are pissing a lot of people off.

How many of you would be happy with and advance car purchase that didn't have any windows but were assured that the window would be available soon and seven years later you still only have promises but not only due not have the windows, you don't even have the car, wouldn't you be pissed? How many Modules have been created,developed, tested and sold, even with the bug they have but you somehow can't get the P-47 out the door, others have.

Soon definition is - without undue time lapse. TC

Win 10 Pro 64bit | Half X F/T Case | Corsair 1200AT ps | Asus ROG Maximums XIII Extreme | I9 11900K Clocked@4200 | Nepton 240 W/C | 64GB DDR4-3600 Gskill Mem | Asus 3080 gpu/8gb | SB-Z audio | Asus 32" 1440 Monitor | Winwing Super Tauras/Super Libra | Crosswind R/P | Track-ir-5 |

Please Tell me this, 7years ago I like many others paid over $60 hard earned dollars for the Jug and now 7years later I'm not hearing anything that indicates I will ever get what I paid for while I'm still alive to enjoy.

Whats worst is ED will not let you choose a different module in place of this.

How many of you would be happy with and advance car purchase that didn't have any windows but were assured that the window would be available soon and seven years later you still only have promises but not only due not have the windows, you don't even have the car, wouldn't you be pissed? How many Modules have been created,developed, tested and sold, even with the bug they have but you somehow can't get the P-47 out the door, others have.

You should read up on the whole Kickstarter thing. ED saved it, even though it was started by someone else

Your promises were made by someone else and are being honored by ED even though they didn’t have to

We didnt purchase from ED. ED could have left this on the floor and we would have zilch.

Really?

Its already been stated that the P-47 is due Q1 2020 in a completed state. Now there has been some 2.5.6 version problems probably pushing the timeline a little, and oh wait, a pandemic.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

You should read up on the whole Kickstarter thing. ED saved it, even though it was started by someone else

Your promises were made by someone else and are being honored by ED even though they didn’t have to

Honored By ED even though they didn’t have to. Enough said, maybe you should read up on kick starters, beginning to end. So are you getting special treatment from ed? They should never have told us after the fact they would honor the kick-starters commitment when they didn't have to, or are you going to find some lame excuses for that also. TC

Win 10 Pro 64bit | Half X F/T Case | Corsair 1200AT ps | Asus ROG Maximums XIII Extreme | I9 11900K Clocked@4200 | Nepton 240 W/C | 64GB DDR4-3600 Gskill Mem | Asus 3080 gpu/8gb | SB-Z audio | Asus 32" 1440 Monitor | Winwing Super Tauras/Super Libra | Crosswind R/P | Track-ir-5 |

We didnt purchase from ED. ED could have left this on the floor and we would have zilch.

Really?

Its already been stated that the P-47 is due Q1 2020 in a completed state. Now there has been some 2.5.6 version problems probably pushing the timeline a little, and oh wait, a pandemic.

We didnt purchase from ED. ED could have left this on the floor and we would have zilch. BUT THEY DIDN"T

News flash, they don't know what the out come of this pandemic is going to be, but it's not affecting ED, they are still selling and taking money.

Another true ED defender...TC

P-47 has appears on last official videos

1:05

1:28

And updated info on the newsletters.

and on last OB path, ED has added P-47 armament.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4258328&postcount=1687

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4258331&postcount=1688

only a matter of time... take calm and remember, deadlines has only a plans, no promises or writed on stone.

What’s everyone going to use for throttle control? I believe the P-47 has 4 levers. Throttle, prop, mixture..... and turbocharger?? Not sure on the last one... and also not sure if it’s full sweep or has several notches for the stages?

Edited by Barrett_g

• ED Team

Yes, it has been a very long time, there were a number of unforeseen issues to get us here, I can only say I am sorry for the journey we have been on.

That said, it is almost here, yes we were hoping for Q1, it was only the best estimate, not a promise or carved into stone. Yes, we are taking some extra testing time. We did say we want it mostly completed for release (aside from unforeseen bugs). We are doing our best to make sure its a solid release.

I wish it was 5 or 6 years ago that we are at this point now, the trials and tribulations have been explained, from the Kickstarter to the Research issues, etc. So again, I am truly sorry it has taken so long, and I am sorry that we are now into Q2 and are still polishing, but we want people to be happy with this release, the length of time deserves a high-quality release, and that is what we are aiming for as well.

So it is still soon, sooner than the last soon, but not long at all now.

PS, you can change aircraft in your backer section, depending on the backer level and what you have received free already, if you wanted to change it for something that is already released (of the available Kickstarter planes), perhaps contact support to help you out.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

What’s everyone going to use for throttle control? I believe the P-47 has 4 levers. Throttle, prop, mixture..... and turbocharger?? Not sure on the last one... and also not sure if it’s full sweep or has several notches for the stages?

I believe it to be full sweep. From playing the other game and watching pilot training videos, I know that the turbo could and should be locked with the throttle, with the turbo only being disconnected and operated independently at high altitude.

I use an X-55, so I'm personally thinking that I will have the left throttle control boost/turbo, the right prop RPM, and I will use rotary 3 to control mixture (though that might be a position mixture, like on the P-51). To operate the turbo independent, I will use the vertical switch on the front of the left throttle.

There's a lot of other things to keep in mind with this aeroplane too; manually operated intercooler door, potentially a manually operated oil radiator door and manually operated cowl flaps. Plenty of complexity not found on any other existing warbird.

going to use for throttle control?

A single HOTAS throttle lever + buttons + buttons + buttons. The latter 3 with modifiers though, so it'll be like the same button set more or less.

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

You were answered in length before. That you choose to ignore everything that runs counter to your personal crusade, is your problem and your problem only.

The P-47, 262 and the K-4 were never supposed to be EDs responsibility in the 1st place; Ilya Shevchenko and his team were supposed to be carrying the can on the WW2 content, a can they quite resoundingly dropped and it's only thanks to EDs commitment to honour those who backed the kickstarter - which they were not obliged to - we have any WW2 content beyond the P-51 and the Dora at all.

PS, are you a backer?

People like yourself seem to always make my point by talking out of the side of their mouths. TC

PS, are you a backer?

Yeah, I'm a backer, and my choice was the Jug. We should be getting it soon.

Ilya dropped the ball, ED picked it up. They had no obligation to do so. Now, they progress the project at their leisure, since the whole thing wasn't their doing in the first place.

Making your point? You don't have one.

Yes, it has been a very long time, there were a number of unforeseen issues to get us here, I can only say I am sorry for the journey we have been on.

That said, it is almost here, yes we were hoping for Q1, it was only the best estimate, not a promise or carved into stone. Yes, we are taking some extra testing time. We did say we want it mostly completed for release (aside from unforeseen bugs). We are doing our best to make sure its a solid release.

I wish it was 5 or 6 years ago that we are at this point now, the trials and tribulations have been explained, from the Kickstarter to the Research issues, etc. So again, I am truly sorry it has taken so long, and I am sorry that we are now into Q2 and are still polishing, but we want people to be happy with this release, the length of time deserves a high-quality release, and that is what we are aiming for as well.

So it is still soon, sooner than the last soon, but not long at all now.

PS, you can change aircraft in your backer section, depending on the backer level and what you have received free already, if you wanted to change it for something that is already released (of the available Kickstarter planes), perhaps contact support to help you out.

Not being dis-respectful, but I didn't choose any of the other a/c because I have no interest in them.

Of all the replies this is enough to make me say, give them a little more time, it appears the 3 member who replied to my post don't get it, they think I shouldn't feel dis- hearten about the amount of time this project has taken, you are a community manager, and you have given the best explanation to date. Thank you for that. TC

Yeah, I'm a backer, and my choice was the Jug. We should be getting it soon.

Ilya dropped the ball, ED picked it up. They had no obligation to do so. Now, they progress the project at their leisure, since the whole thing wasn't their doing in the first place.

Making your point? You don't have one.

EDs commitment to honour those who backed the kickstarter But I guess Commitment or Honor have no meaning in your world.

ED committed to honour the backers, of which I am one. Great, am happy it turned out that way. Alas, no timetable, no schedule, no promises. So we're still waiting and you STILL don't have a leg to stand on.

• ED Team
Not being dis-respectful, but I didn't choose any of the other a/c because I have no interest in them.

Of all the replies this is enough to make me say, give them a little more time, it appears the 3 member who replied to my post don't get it, they think I shouldn't feel dis- hearten about the amount of time this project has taken, you are a community manager, and you have given the best explanation to date. Thank you for that. TC

Trust me, I have been spending a bunch of time in the Jug these last few weeks, and it makes me sad we haven't had this for 6 or 7 years. I was never a fan of the Jug till now, my Spitfire is getting jealous :)

64Sig.png

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Nine, I'm truly hoping that it is better than the IL-2, GB, P-47. That really performs terribly. The Thunderbolt had to be a better airplane than that!

You and me both, i have faith dcs will faithfully model this JUG correctly and will be a beast as long as you fly it to its strength and properly. :pilotfly:

I7-8700 @5GHZ, 32GB 3000MHZ RAM, 1080TI, Rift S, ODYSSEY +. SSD DRIVES, WIN10

Trust me, I have been spending a bunch of time in the Jug these last few weeks, and it makes me sad we haven't had this for 6 or 7 years. I was never a fan of the Jug till now, my Spitfire is getting jealous :)

You tease! ;) awesome, can't wait to fly the Jug! :thumbup:

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

You, sir, have a mean streak! The only way you could make it worse is to fly your jug off the super carrier... :)

• ED Team
Nine, I'm truly hoping that it is better than the IL-2, GB, P-47. That really performs terribly. The Thunderbolt had to be a better airplane than that!

I can't speak to anyone else's version of it, but I know Nick has had some good experiences with the P-47, and I have been bugging him lots as I test.

64Sig.png