2021 (and earlier) DCS Newsletter Discussion Thread

NineLine

61.776 square miles and some change, of which 99,5% is water and 0,5% is land.

Do not get me wrong, the map is awesome, but I like the facts straight.

Of course it's mostly water. It's a Pacific Island map. I was correcting the 388 miles square figure. I have no idea where he got that number from.

Most people don't have high end systems, this will be good for new players with mid range rigs. It also means you can populate the map with lots of AI objects/ships/carriers with less hit on performance. There isn't enough room on the current maps for large scale carrier to carrier engagements.

Man some of you guys will complain about anything. It's a FREE map.

Of course it's mostly water. It's a Pacific Island map. I was correcting the 388 miles square figure. I have no idea where he got that number from.

Most people don't have high end systems, this will be good for new players with mid range rigs. It also means you can populate the map with lots of AI objects/ships/carriers with less hit on performance. There isn't enough room on the current maps for large scale carrier to carrier engagements.

Man some of you guys will complain about anything. It's a FREE map.

Seriously, I swear some people here and on hoggit could find a way to be mad if ED started paying them.

Anyways the map is perfect for modern carrier ops.

DCS F/A-18C :sorcerer:

Hi guys,

So kinda new to all of this and have been collecting over at steam, got my first hotas and still have to do keybindings etc..

Feel bummed out by reading that I've got to pay again to get the updated A-10C

Is it just me or is this a dick move?

I've put a lot of money into this game already, not that I mind, but what good is it if I have the "pre-2020" version in say 5 years?

Will I even be able to play the current "v1" modules?

I expect most modules to be improved with time, but now I have to expect to also pay for them again :( loong sad face :(

Somehow I also don't see the "significant discount" to reach steam, or am I in the wrong here?

• ED Team
Hi guys,

So kinda new to all of this and have been collecting over at steam, got my first hotas and still have to do keybindings etc..

I've put a lot of money into this game already, not that I mind, but what good is it if I have the "pre-2020" version in say 5 years?

I expect most modules to be improved with time, but now I have to expect to also pay for them again :( loong sad face :(

Somehow I also don't see the "significant discount" to reach steam, or am I in the wrong here?

Hi

You don't have to pay if you don't want the upgraded version, you will still be able to use your A-10C

We have already done a significant free update for the A-10C.

The team is working with steam at the moment about the discount for users who already own it, when we know for sure we will let you all know the price and details.

Thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team
It's from Wikipedia. It's land area, so it's relevant.

That's simply not true. Black sea area is 168,500 sq mi, which is 2.5x bigger than the advertised new map.

Lets also mention:

It will initially be a 400 x 400 km map with the option to expand further in the future.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Hi guys,

Im presuming you play COD, so just think of having to get a new COD each year. or in some others 2008-2020 12yrs. seems like ed have missed out of 12years of a10c upgrades @ 80$ each. but what do i know...

Intel i9-9900K 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080tiftw3, Windows 10, 1tb 970 M2, TM Warthog, 4k 144hz HDR g-sync.

Thank you for the quick response.

I do appreciate the recent, free, upgrade, don't get me wrong now.

Considering some players have flown it since 2011 it's a great thing to do and surely much appreciated by everybody.

I don't play COD (Call of Duty?)

Hi

You don't have to pay if you don't want the upgraded version, you will still be able to use your A-10C

We have already done a significant free update for the A-10C.

The team is working with steam at the moment about the discount for users who already own it, when we know for sure we will let you all know the price and details.

Thanks

Hello,

Is this a simulation of a later model of the A10C (historically)?

I.e. More modern systems simulation etc?

If so, i think it's great that existing owners will receive a discount.

Also, if that is the case will it still be possible to fly the older model after upgrading?

Thanks

It's from Wikipedia. It's land area, so it's relevant.

That's simply not true. Black sea area is 168,500 sq mi, which is 2.5x bigger than the advertised new map.

The way he phrased it implied it was the entire area of the map. He should have said 388 mi of land area. Why would you only fly over land in a Pacific Island map? That doesn't make any sense.

There is no carrier in the Russian Black Sea Fleet and US Supercarriers can't get to the Black Sea. I was referring to the PG and Normandy map.

You can even attack the Hoover dam with a carrier battle group placed in Lake Meade if you really want to. What ever blows your skirt up.

I like to play DCS, not complain about it online. This was the best newsletter I have ever read and very looking forward to GA's 2020 video. Happy flyin' guys.

• ED Team
Hello,

Is this a simulation of a later model of the A10C (historically)?

I.e. More modern systems simulation etc?

If so, i think it's great that existing owners will receive a discount.

Also, if that is the case will it still be possible to fly the older model after upgrading?

Thanks

We will have more details in a future newsletter, the team are finalising features, price points, and upgrade details at the moment.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Im presuming you play COD, so just think of having to get a new COD each year. or in some others 2008-2020 12yrs. seems like ed have missed out of 12years of a10c upgrades @ 80$ each. but what do i know...

Harsh? :huh: Maybe not, might be mis-reading it to be fair.

Personally, when i first encountered DCS, my first serious flight sim experience, i could not fathom that people were willing to fork out "SO MUCH MONEY..." for

"...ONE (insert preferred expletive) PLANE!?!?".

Boy was i wrong, as you can see from my signature, i caught the bug big time and let me tell you it hasn't stopped at DCS either! Nor will it stop for quite some time i am sure :pilotfly::pilotfly:

The way sim companies like L****ar :smilewink: and ED, for example, operate is a bit jarring to people at first but once you see the work that goes in to each and every module (title in a sense) it is entirely understandable IMHO.

Thanks for your considerate words Bagpipe.

I got a bit of a bug too, have 25 modules so far, and am looking forward to spending a lot of quality time.

Not at all mate, you're welcome!

Jeez you got bitten bad.

I fully expect to see you on here in a few months telling people off for having gotten their facts about the impact of barometric pressure and wake turbulence's effect on missile velocity all wrong :huh::doh: (or something like that)

Where's our new clouds and weathers lol. Lot of great things in the news.

Thanks ED

Non aircraft projection report next week's newsletter probably.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

Me I’m happy to see multicrew coming to the huey

yes multi crew for the helicopters will be a huge improvement.

We are Virtual Pilots, a growing International Squad of pilots, we fly Allies in WWII and Red Force in Korea and Modern combat. We are recruiting like minded people of all Nationalities and skill levels.

http://virtual-pilots.com/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lets also mention:

:megalol:

Thanks for this free map. I'm glad if a C-130 arrives in the future. Thanks! :thumbup:

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

There is a line in the newsletter:

I have nothing against paying for the new, more capable 2000s variant of Ka-50 but i would like to have also an older, current, 1990s variant for older scenarios and campaigns like Chechnya war.

cheers

Well as it wasn't operationally used, that can be left up to your imagination a little. You can limit what you use in the ME as well.

There will be two versions of A-10 and Ka-50. Just like there's two variants of P-51 and Spitfire each. You can select between them. No idea why people.are making this sound so complicated. You're not losing anything, nobody's taking anything away, and it's not a big deal. Your old airplane continues to work even if you don't buy the new one. It has no bearing on what other people are flying. We have two carriers, too, and they both work, old and new.

Well no for me, I'm still not sure, the word replace does not mean to add in addition does it. I hoped there be a selection for "A-10C Suite 2 and A-10C Suite 4" for example. (just made up labels for the purpose of the point)

Am I wrong or right guys?!

I was talking about this months ago, if perhaps it can be done so that the old suite is preserved incase someone just wants to play an older version of A-10C like now, I'd allow myself to assume not all real world pilots have experienced the "newest" A-10C in DCS equivalent in real life when they were on duty. What about the retired pilots that will never get a chance to get back to the real life modern A-10C and even the future post 2020 suite upgrade that may come in the extended service time, they only know the old one or similar to that one, so perhaps one day they might try to recreate their authentic fresh pilot back in the old days experience exactly, and you just can't do that with a completely different cockpit buttons, layouts, screens, and hardware. You know if it wasn't about preserving history then why bother with WW2, why bother with B-52 if it's successor is B-2 and should just replace it, and why bother with F-117 if it's succesor is F/A-22 (I think) just replace then.

Now if this has some technical and practical hurdles that outweight this then fine, perhaps it's difficult to maintain two versions, either way I think it deserves a try and a second negotiation, if indeed it's a replacement and not double versions forever.

But ... I'll go back and read the rest of the pages, thing is, it's late so I just wanted to put comment this out right now.

Edited by Worrazen

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

I can't believe how some people are always disappointed, no matter ED announces or shows us. These screenshots look amazing, a refreshing change from everything we currently have in DCS. Oh, and all this for free? Looking forward to the details in the newsletter!

+1.....

Amazing what ED are doing for us, awesome guys... This is gonna be HUGE!!

Cheers!!!