Long range LD-10 shots drop out of the sky at Mach 2

Lymark

I was curious about the max range of LD-10, so I tested it in a quick mission that I made in SP, and the results were interesting.

All tests were conducted at 40,000ft ASL with full burner at M0.92.

#1) A 80nm shot= The missile tracked the radar source about 2/3 way through and it suddenly decided to dive toward the ground when it's 13nm, 21000 feet away from the target at Mach 2.1.

#2) 75nm shot: Again, it detected the target, but it started aiming toward the ground at ~8nm away and 15000ft at Mach 1.97.

#3) 70nm shot: Began diving at 4nm away, 6000ft at Mach 1.62

#4) 65nm shot: Finally a hit at Mach 1.3

The 'fall off' range seems to vary based on the speed and altitude that I fire these long range shots from.

Track files attached

65nm hit and 70nm miss.trk

75-80nm misses.trk

Something about the missile battery going flat?

I went back and checked the 'alive time' of those shots. Both the 70 and 80nm shots lived for 2:30mins before going dead. However, the 75nm one has lived an extra minute(3:30) for some reason. I know nothing about battery lifespan, but thought I'd leave the info here anyway.

• 5 months later...

That is quite the SAM unit you're shooting there. :lol::lol::lol:

Motorola 68000 | 1 Mb | Debug port

"When performing a forced landing, fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible." - Bob Hoover.

The JF-17 is not better than the F-16; it's different. It's how you fly that counts.

"An average aircraft with a skilled pilot, will out-perform the superior aircraft with an average pilot."