Remember about OH-58D Kiowa!

VMFA117_Poko

18 Apaches make a battalion supported by 13 Bell OH-58Ds. Since plans are to implement AH-64A, not AH-64D Longbow Apache Bell's helicopter acts a very important recon task supporting Apaches' operations thanks to its MMS system. The Mast Mounted Sight employed on the Kiowa helicopter carries day and night acquisition sensors and laser rangefinders. They also support a highly accurate navigation system that provides precise target location data. Those helicopters equipped with the MMS have a distinctive ball on top of their rotors.

True that maybe it's not to ask this question but I can't wait... Will Kiowa be present in DCS in future? If so how is it gonna be cooperating with player piloted Apache? Or maybe this unit will be totally overlooked?

if your gonna have the Apache you need the Kiowa.

The Kiowa has not been forgotten, stay tuned.

:thumbup::v:

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

Phew! Too much things for too little time! :lol: Maybe is the Kiowa the fourth flyable in the DCS timeline?

the ultimate MP game... in the words of Tenacious D "thats :censored: team work"

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

If you really saw, in real life, how very small the OH-58D Kiowa is, you would crap.. if you had to fly into battle with this small machine, but fast and agile... it looks much larger in pictures. it is freaking tiny...

:joystick:

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

Yes, we have one hung up in the museum. It makes a 1.2 story room look 3 stories tall!

Certainly, it would be fun to fly. It is nice to have to be spartan with ammunition and also realise that if you're in a situation where you find yourself using ammunition, things are going to go much worse than thermopylae did (if you get my drift).

It is also nice in that it has a transport capability (as well as target designation, and a variety of light weapons you can squeeze a couple of people in the back and some cargo).

I probably shouldn't have been making references to Greek history if I wanted to be understood, anyway.

I personally prefer the A (easier to model and better visibility)

OH-58A%20Kiowa.JPG

Showing the aircraft's scale:

OH-58A2.jpg

An interesting modification (if it isn't faked):

so_iiaa__oh-58_helicopter_with_minigun_in_1976.jpg

be certainly interesting to see the possibility of directing an airstrike vie this chopper

:pilotfly:

NotiA10

CoolerMaster HAF RC-932 - Intel Core i7 950 - Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro - Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R - Kingston DDR3 6GB - Gigabyte Radeon HD 5870 EF 6 Edition - Western Digital 640GB SATA-III - CoolerMaster 700W - TrackIR Pro 4 - Saitek X52 - Saitek Rudder Pedals - Hotas Warthog

I would :pilotfly:

Nice, small, fast and very agile helicopter... and only one in ARMY (except SOARs MH-60s) which fly with ATAS on daily basis :music_whistling:

Can you spell D-O-G-F-I-G-H-T ?

Let it be flyable then. ED, hear that? You've got a lot wishes to come true :smartass:.

I can spell it: D-O-G-F-A-J-T. How's this Sundowner? :D Nevermind. I know what You mean but size doesn't matter here.

red, blue, blue...

Come on ED - fair's fair - red, blue, blue - must be red after that ... (^ 55 it says on Wiki I think - ED has a separate website of their own WHICH STILL ADVERTISES LOCKON NOT DCS.BS)

I would like to suggest a Ka 27 add-on. Prolly not too difficult to impliment and I, for one, would enjoy a SAR mission with Ka 50 support to pick up a lost soul, or taxi some Spetznaz behind lines .

The Helix would give an opportunity for Naval operations in the fleet. And I could even emulate FSB Border Guard work going after gun runners along the coast.

ka27_08.jpg

The only question that you have to ask yourself after you've determined that there is enough material and data to make the perticular aircraft flyable is:

Is it really worth 9 months?

i7-2600k@4GHz, 8GB, R9 280X 3GB, SSD, HOTAS WH, Pro Flight Combat Pedals, TIR5