Updates during Dec / Jan

Mr_sukebe

I'm conscious that most development teams that I've worked with over the years have taken a Xmas break, and that I'm assuming ED wouldn't release a update just before that time period, so as to ensure that nothing serious is wrong with the beta over the Xmas break.

To manage our expectations, is it viable to suggest when the last OB/stable updates will be released during December, and also when they'll restart in Jan?

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

I assume there will be a break between Christmas and New year so that the team of ED enjoy time with their families.

Last update arround Dec 20-22 and then after Jan 8 (my guess).

They really deserve such a break to spend time with their families and loves!

• ED Team

Hi

Teams are very busy and we will let you know when the time is right for any updates over the xmas period.

Please bare in mind xmas is celebrated on 25 December in the Julian calendar but the 7th of January in the common Gregorian calendar.

Most of the team fall under the Gregorian calendar, while some of the team are Julian Calendar.

Thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hi

Teams are very busy and we will let you know when the time is right for any updates over the xmas period.

Please bare in mind xmas is celebrated on 25 December in the Julian calendar but the 7th of January in the common Gregorian calendar.

Most of the team fall under the Gregorian calendar, while some of the team are Julian Calendar.

Thanks

There's also a 10 day new year's holiday; hopefully they get to spend some time with their families.

on ED's facbook it said that the new clouds would be sheduled for "later this year". Is that still the case?

That is the hope, but far from a promise. Challenges arise during development, so we will have to see.

fair enough! :thumbup:

Usually there is a break in DCS updates of 3-4 weeks around the New Year. Basically don't expect new versions during Christmas and the first half of January.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro