Problem Using Multiple JDAM Deployments with Targeting Pod

US_Marine

Sorry for the long post but I have been trying to get this to work for quite awhile now with no success.

I am trying to deploy multiple JDAMS (2 Stations, 2 bombs on each station) on multiple targets in one pass as I've seen on Yourtube videos. I am following Grim Reapers video to the T but still not getting these targets assigned correctly.

Basically when I step from one station to the other it automatically switches to TOO mode and does't store the corrds

I turn on A2G mode and master arm, select JDAMS in PP mode, Select fuze Inst, JDAM Dsply, QTY, select station 3 and 7 (2 J-83 per station), then select MSN. Station 3 is selected, change to TOO mode, TDC depress and the coords populate, select PP2, TOO mode, TDC depress and coords populate. Now, when I hit step it automatically goes to station 7 in TOO mode and not PP mode and transfers the corrds from station 3 to 7.

Sorry if this is confusing but I'm stuck and have tried this multiple times.

Thanks for any help

That issue is already under investigation, see also here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=252970

[Modules] A-10C, A-10C II, AH-64D, F-14A/B, F-16C, F/A-18C, FC3, Ka-50, P-51D, UH-1H, CA, SC
[Maps] PG, NTTR, Normandy, Sinai, Syria, TC

[OS] Windows 11 Pro
[PC] MSI Pro Z790-A, i9-13900K, 64 GB DDR5-5200, RTX 4090 24 GB GDDR6X, 2 x SSD 990 PRO 2 TB (M.2), Corsair 5000D Airflow, HX1500i, H150i RGB Elite, Acer X28, TM HOTAS Warthog (Grip@WarBRD Base), MS SW FFB2, Thrustmaster TFRP, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro
[Checklists] A-10C, F-16C, F/A-18C, AH-64D, Ka-50, UH-1H

Also, once you've transferred coordinates from TOO to PP mode and the station switches itself back into TOO mode, Undesignate before switching it back to PP mode to not have the coordinates be overwritten.

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

Also, once you've transferred coordinates from TOO to PP mode and the station switches itself back into TOO mode, Undesignate before switching it back to PP mode to not have the coordinates be overwritten.

I couldn't reproduce your workaround with simultaneously releasing 4 JDAMs. I've tried the following methods, but all 4 JDAMs hit only the last designated target:

1. TOO -> designate target via TGP -> PP -> STEP -> auto-return to TOO -> undesignate -> etc.
  2. TOO -> designate target via TGP -> PP -> undesignate -> STEP -> auto-return to TOO -> etc.
  3. TOO -> designate target via TGP -> undesignate -> PP -> STEP -> auto-return to TOO -> etc.

Attached track shows method 2.

Edited by AstonMartinDBS

[Modules] A-10C, A-10C II, AH-64D, F-14A/B, F-16C, F/A-18C, FC3, Ka-50, P-51D, UH-1H, CA, SC

[OS] Windows 11 Pro
[PC] MSI Pro Z790-A, i9-13900K, 64 GB DDR5-5200, RTX 4090 24 GB GDDR6X, 2 x SSD 990 PRO 2 TB (M.2), Corsair 5000D Airflow, HX1500i, H150i RGB Elite, Acer X28, TM HOTAS Warthog (Grip@WarBRD Base), MS SW FFB2, Thrustmaster TFRP, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro

Undesignate won't stop the station from returning to TOO mode, it only prevents the coordinates from transferring from TOO to PP when you manually switch the station to PP mode. Just undesignate before switching a station back to PP mode if it auto-switched to TOO mode, it should stay in PP mode if you switch it back a second time. Keep stepping through the stations and switching them back to PP mode.

- TOO mode on first station

- Designate TGT

- PP mode (transfer coordinates)

- STEP

- TOO mode on second station

- Designate TGT

- Repeat for all stations

- Undesignate

- STEP

- TOO mode on first station (auto)

- Switch back to PP mode (coordinates should be saved, should stay on PP mode)

- STEP

- TOO mode on second station (auto)

- STEP through all stations, verify PP mode and coordinates are valid

Edited by Tholozor

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

Undesignate won't stop the station from returning to TOO mode, it only prevents the coordinates from transferring from TOO to PP when you manually switch the station to PP mode. Just undesignate before switching a station back to PP mode if it auto-switched to TOO mode, it should stay in PP mode if you switch it back a second time. Keep stepping through the stations and switching them back to PP mode.

- TOO mode on first station

- Designate TGT

- STEP

- TOO mode on second station

- Designate TGT

- Undesignate

- STEP

- TOO mode on first station (auto)

- STEP

- TOO mode on second station (auto)

- STEP through all stations, verify PP mode and coordinates are valid

Ok, I've got it! Thx for the instructions! :)

Let's hope, ED will fix that bug soon.

Edited by AstonMartinDBS

[OS] Windows 11 Pro

This bug is already reported, but unfortunately still present in the current OB (2.5.5.38756). Let's hope for the fix in the next OB.

[OS] Windows 11 Pro

I was really hoping for a fix. It used to work. I am not a complainer, but we seem to be moving backwards unless i am really missing something.

i9 11900KF, RTX 3090 24GB G DDR6X, 1TB SSD, 64GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3400MHz, Reverb G2.

Ok, tried a clean and then a repair of my OB install.. Still can't drop GBU-31 from stations 7 and 8 (haven't tried with other JDAM's).

I'm attaching a track file, you an see I select all stations (2, 3, 7 and 8 ) for Target Of Opportunity designated with the TPOD, once I start pressing pickle button, 2 drops, then 3 drops and then nothing happens with 7 and 8 even though I continue to press pickle button.

nodrop78.trk

dcs.log.txt

I thought my comment was pretty mild. Obviously you thought otherwise. Well, back to the A10-C, seriously, I still have a lot to learn there and I look forward to it. It is a great sim.

i9 11900KF, RTX 3090 24GB G DDR6X, 1TB SSD, 64GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3400MHz, Reverb G2.

will try holding pickle button to see if all bombs drop, but I do one by one because in between drops I usually select another TOO with the TPOD in order to drop on multiple targets.

Once stuck I have tried deselecting all stations, master off, AG mode off, all on again, selecting 7 and 8 again and no go, still stuck.

thanks, will try, certainly that's not correct behavior and its a bug that's need to be looked into.

EDIT: tried to hold pickle, and it works, all stations dropped, but this way you can't drop on multiple targets by designating other TOO in between drops.

Also tried deselecting ALL stations after stations 7 and 8 get stuck, and that also works. Without selecting stations 7 and 8 again I am able to drop 7 and 8.

At least now I can drop all my JDAM to multiple targets, thanks Nikola.

Edited by pacastro