JF-17 Thunder Discussions

probad

No, Deka is best at developing quietly, they are not Heatblur. It’ll need a video close to release, but it doesn’t even have a sub forum yet, so it’ll probably be a bit of time

Cool videos don't hurt and help a lot to promote. There are plenty of great cinematic video makers in this forum that wouldn't mind to get an early access to the JF-17 in exchange.

I agree with you there, all promotion helps and there are many content creators here that can do a professional DCS trailer

Just attached to the old Belsimtek tradition of working quietly and surprise when ready that Deka has done so well:)

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

I agree with you there, all promotion helps and there are many content creators here that can do a professional DCS trailer

Just attached to the old Belsimtek tradition of working quietly and surprise when ready that Deka has done so well:)

I believe the BST strategy works quite well too, as you have the element of surprise that does the promotion for you :)

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

JF-17 will be, upon release, direct competitor to ED's F-16 module, if the two will get released at more or less the same time. There will be people that will afford to buy both and have enough time on their hands to fly both of them, but same is true for the opposite. Some people will need to chose one and not the other due to financial, or time constraints.

F-16 is bound to win such competition, as it is much more popular aircraft.

While the summer EA release date was missed, when the JF-17 would be pretty much unopposed in terms of sales, I wonder if Deka is able to declare if it is going to be released in coming months, or wait until winter/next year.

Wow, at first I thought we were gonna get a Beijing map along with it flying through that brown cloud :lol:

Anyhow, it does look like its decently well along in that video, the cockpit will probably need some better texture work, but it looks like the basic systems functionality is there at least.

If any devs going to make a China map, Taiwan strait would be perfect.

Since we already have F-5, M-2000C, F-16 and Razbam going to make a 2000-5 someday which all of them are used by Taiwan air force.

Not exactly the same variant though.

How do you know?

JF17 will be released before October 1 if there are no major problems in the development process.

Where is this information coming from?

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

Where is this information coming from?

Flight simulation game enthusiasts in China have set up a communication group about JF17 on the qq communication software (similar to Facebook) and have developers in it. They have disclosed that if there are no problems with the development, it will be released before 10.1. And it will have higher playability and completeness than F16C and F18C. As the best gift for Chinese players on National Day holiday

Flight simulation game enthusiasts in China have set up a communication group about JF17 on the qq communication software (similar to Facebook) and have developers in it. They have disclosed that if there are no problems with the development, it will be released before 10.1. And it will have higher playability and completeness than F16C and F18C. As the best gift for Chinese players on National Day holiday

Thank you for sharing. Let's hope for official release date from Deka in the coming weeks.

Are you sure that means October 1st? Over here 10.1 would mean 10th of January. I mean, I'd be gladly surprised if it was October 1st. It just feels weird that there hasn't been any real promotion or trailers.

-Col. Russ Everts opinion on surface-to-air missiles: "It makes you feel a little better if it's coming for one of your buddies. However, if it's coming for you, it doesn't make you feel too good, but it does rearrange your priorities."

DCS Wishlist:

MC-130E Combat Talon   |   F/A-18F Lot 26   |   HH-60G Pave Hawk   |   E-2 Hawkeye/C-2 Greyhound   |   EA-6A/B Prowler   |   J-35F2/J Draken   |   RA-5C Vigilante

Are you sure that means October 1st? Over here 10.1 would mean 10th of January. I mean, I'd be gladly surprised if it was October 1st. It just feels weird that there hasn't been any real promotion or trailers.

I said October 1st is China's National Day. Assuming that DIS does not encounter problems that require additional time to solve, JF17 will be released within 26 days at the latest. It's normal to have no news, and DIS has few news because they prefer to concentrate on development. I am honored to join the QQ communication group formed by the development team long ago, and they will occasionally disclose JF17 news when chatting.

OK, thanks. Let's see what happens. Maybe ED will also "disclose" this information in their newsletter then.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

It's already been said countless of times that they are aiming for a Summer 2019 early access release, and not 2 weeks ago they confirmed it was still on track. Seeing how they said: before Oct 1st pretty much confirms what we already knew anyway: released by the end of the month.

I'll be impressed if its in the next month. There are always some sort of issues though so I'm not holding my breath.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

It has a TPOD, but no IRST. (I believe IRL, IRST may make it to block 3).

Now, I dont know how the RWR performs IRL, but DCS implementation is something along "active missile within distance = warning" which is displayed through the RWR however it has been programmed to display. I believe that it is set by a certain range (I havent tested, personally) but when a missile is within say 15km of target. The aircraft will get a warning, where as the missile could have been active before 15km but due to DCS's code, it wont receive warning until 15km or whatever is set.

But the above is only what I've heard and haven't personally tested myself.

Edit- I think it has a good chance to sell very well, especially if released before the F-16. Though everyday its looking less and less likely. But ultimately, if its as far along as they seem to mention, feature wise it will be very capable on release. And over time, I think will become a favorite of many and earn a good reputation if the quality is there.

Does it have just an RWR or an actual MAWS (missile approach warning system)? A MAWS would be a unique capability compared to the DCS F16 I think.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Does it have just an RWR or an actual MAWS (missile approach warning system)? A MAWS would be a unique capability compared to the DCS F16 I think.

RWR and MAWs. So AFAIK, standard RWR plus the MAWs that detects rearward missile launches. And your correct, the F-16 doesn't have MAWs as far as I know, at least the variant we will get.

The sensor looking out to the left on the picture, one on both sides.

download.jpg.1768d12d838dceb1533e2bef3970e33b.jpg

Edited by ShadowFrost

Yeah looking forward to not having to spot missile trails behind me all the time.

And Falcon, really? It’s not even out yet, nothing has been shown of a “complete product” yet!

EDIT: Sorry Falcon think I misunderstood you

Edited by AeriaGloria

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

The reason is our chief cockpit artist was in hospital for more than 1 month.

Good news is, he is back now, again.

RWR and MAWs. So AFAIK, standard RWR plus the MAWs that detects rearward missile launches. And your correct, the F-16 doesn't have MAWs as far as I know, at least the variant we will get.

The sensor looking out to the left on the picture, one on both sides.

this is not the sensor, it's cover.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

The reason is our chief cockpit artist was in hospital for more than 1 month.

Good news is, he is back now, again.

I heard the news at first. I jumped with excitement! That's really great! I hope they will pay more attention to their health and rest. Body is the capital of revolution