Coord with jdam

FOXFIRE TWOONE

Spent a lot of time programming four coord for tgt a kub training rwy flying out of batumi, got in the air and diamond and arrow were pointing in the south direction instead of north. Checked my coord on the f10 map and they are correct. Ok start over, program just one tgt using first coord, takeoff and the same thing.

Anyone else have this happen to them.

Intel core I9 10900K 3.7 ghz

Asrock Z490 Extreme4

G-SKill Ripjaws V 32GB

Cooler Master 120m

GTX 980 Superclocked

Corsair AX850w psu

Samsung 1 T M.2 2 X 850 ssd's

Sony 48 in HD TV

Trackir 5

Hotas Warthog F/A-18C Hornet Grip

Logitech Pro Peddles

Windows 10 64

Spent a lot of time programming four coord for tgt a kub training rwy flying out of batumi, got in the air and diamond and arrow were pointing in the south direction instead of north. Checked my coord on the f10 map and they are correct. Ok start over, program just one tgt using first coord, takeoff and the same thing.

Same thing is happening with me. Ground start Hot, enter coords, take off and it is pointing in the opposite direction of the target.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There's a big JDAM thread in the Bugs section that ED started themselves, you should also post this there

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

i have no map option, but i find a key (left alt Y) that can switch the coordinates format.

The second LAT/LONG seems OK !

There is still an issue with elevation: in meters it is OK, in feet the target is in the air (like it wouldnt convert meter/feet, but just accept the value in meters instead of feet)

Anyway, thanks :)

Ok figured my mistake. Coord ( enter enter ) :):music_whistling:

Intel core I9 10900K 3.7 ghz

Asrock Z490 Extreme4

G-SKill Ripjaws V 32GB

Cooler Master 120m

GTX 980 Superclocked

Corsair AX850w psu

Samsung 1 T M.2 2 X 850 ssd's

Sony 48 in HD TV

Trackir 5

Hotas Warthog F/A-18C Hornet Grip

Logitech Pro Peddles

Windows 10 64

There is still an issue with elevation: in meters it is OK, in feet the target is in the air (like it wouldnt convert meter/feet, but just accept the value in meters instead of feet)

Anyway, thanks :)

This is a known issue acknowledged by ED

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Length of one second of arc of parallel at 41N (~ Caucasus general area) is about 22m

Length of one second of arc of a meridian is about 30m

That means if you drop bomb at DDMMSS, it can be off target by as much as 37m

And all of that without even thinking about equipment accuracy and uncertainties.

You’re right, but the precise function still has to be added, this is just the initial implementation of the JDAM.

• ED Team
I don’t think terminal guidance is implemented yet. Not at my computer rn, but I’m pretty sure you can just enter the DMS, no need to convert.

Terminal parameters, dynamic launch zones, etc. will come later.

Thanks

the problem is how to have the DDMMSS.SS coors as the map shows DDMMSS

I have made a spreadsheet that converts between DDMM.mmm, Lat Lon Decimal in the DCS settings, (which is accurate enough to hit a tank at an arbitrary position) and DDMMSS.ss. See the attached file. I made it in OpenOffice Calc, but I assume that it is fully Excel-copmpatible.

Edit: 0.001 arc min = 0.06 arc sec, so Lat Lon decimal + the conversion in the spreadsheet is accurate to approximately 1,5m.

coordinate conversion.zip

Edited by drPhibes

Real simple. Just use MGRS and then type that MGRS into here http://www.legallandconverter.com/p50.html

Use the lat/lon at the bottom of the conversion. I.E. 50° 00' 29.52" N 112° 36' 51.84" W

On the UFC. N500029 -Enter 52- Enter LON W1123651- Enter 84 - Enter

easy peasy explosions!

Edited by IceFire

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Matt "IceFire" Schuette

Commander In Chief United States Atlantic Command

Virtual Carrier Air Wing Eleven

I’m guessing that this is something that will come with the mission card.

Possibly, it just wasn't terribly clear. In the bug feedback thread then i'm sure some people mentioned using PP mode so I assumed it might be something I was simply missing seeing.

Possibly, it just wasn't terribly clear. In the bug feedback thread then i'm sure some people mentioned using PP mode so I assumed it might be something I was simply missing seeing.

Yeah, you can use PP mode, you just manually put in the coordinates using the DDI/UFC on the JDAM page in PP mode, you can do this on the ground before you take off. It obviously requires you know the coordinates, (which this thread has discussed in detail)

Wags' video shows you how to enter PP coords.

Yeah, you can use PP mode, you just manually put in the coordinates using the DDI/UFC on the JDAM page in PP mode, you can do this on the ground before you take off. It obviously requires you know the coordinates, (which this thread has discussed in detail)

Wags' video shows you how to enter PP coords.

Thanks, i'd wrongly assumed it was something you could do before even getting in the jet (which of course it may well be in time).

Thanks, i'd wrongly assumed it was something you could do before even getting in the jet (which of course it may well be in time).

Yeah I'd think it would be a data cartridge function, when we get that in the future, but not positive. Would certainly streamline the process, finding-converting-entering coords isn't the worst thing in the world, but gets tedious at times.