ICLS Question

Reflected

I can't get the ICLS needles to show.

- in ME I added the tasks to the carrier to broadcast TACAN and ICLS.

- In game I switch on both, program the channel, hit enter

- On one of the displays I set it to HSI and enable both TACAN and ICLS

- I set the heading of the carrier

Tacan show up on the HUD, it measures the distance and all, but I don't have the ICLS needles. What am I forgetting?

In the F18 EFC use select TCN enter channel, <ENTER> then <ON>, repeat for ILS.

on HSI, TCN course switch L/R , left switch and hold CRS and course will pop up

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

If you want the course line to show up on the HSI, don't forget to activate the "CSEL" box. Bottom button on the right column of your MPCD. ICLS won't show up until you're within around a few degrees of on course, and close to glideslope. Case III, you may not see needles until about 6nm, 1200 ft, and more or less pointed down the approach path.

When I'm doing the Case I VFR pattern, I don't get needles until I'm about to roll out on course behind the ship at around 300 feet above the water.

Sounds Correct

"There is an art … to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

Douglas Adams, The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy

https://www.cag-51.org/contact

Hmm...I'm doing everything you guys said, but still no needles. Except I'm turning the TCN ON before setting the channel.

There is a turning knob on the right panel that is not set to CV by default - does it have anything to do with it?

EFC > Button TCN > enter number of the channel > ENTER > then ON, "ON" has to show in the readout line left of the channel number.

Repeat for ILS, "ON" has to show in the readout line left of the channel number.

The ILS bars only will show outside the Stennis, rear of the stern, a cone extending from the landing deck upwards and backwards

I think 3 mile (or 5 or 8 or something)

Edited by majapahit

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |