Community A-4E

Coming back from the summer Holidays and reading the amazing release announcement news !

Awesome Guys !!

Intel I7 - 10700 K @ 3,80GHz / 64 GB DDR3 / RTX 3090 / Win 10 Home 64 bit / Logitech X56 HOTAS / HP Reverb G2  

Running DCS on latest OB version 

• 2 weeks later...

Read the Instructions and Manage Expectations

Community A-4E September 2018 Update

Hey all, we’ve got a short update this month on account of having nothing new of significance for you visually. But that’s a good thing, because it means we’re nearly done art-wise! In lieu of screenshots, please enjoy the first video in our instructional series on flying the A-4 in DCS!

Instructional Materials

Below are a few pieces of info to check out before you strap the A-4 “on” for the first time. Before launch, I hope to complete even more informative videos going forward.

A-4 NATOPS: While not all systems are modelled, this manual was our primary source material for building this mod and should be more than sufficient for operating the aircraft.

Startup Video: An introduction to the startup procedure and taking off in the A-4.

Carrier Landing Video: An overview of a Case I carrier landing in the A-4. An additional video covering both Takeoff and Landing will come soon.

Additional videos are in the pipeline, examining weapons use and the air to ground radar.

Important Clarifications and Disclaimers

Performance:

Unlike ED and 3rd Party produced aircraft, our aircraft has not been optimized in the model and texture area. I play on a GTX 780 and AMD 9590 CPU (8-Core, 4.70 Ghz) and notice a slight performance dip between ED cockpits and the A-4 on Medium settings. We’ve tried our best to avoid this; however it has been a challenge.

Bugs:

We’ve been working hard to manage bugs as we’ve gone along, however there are still some very challenging ones that may allude us post-release. Below is a list of known bugs originating from our bug tracking in Github.

• Cockpit Mirror material not working (Made a mirror color for now)
  • Interior red light switch frozen
  • Present position indicator on nav panel doesn't align the number wheels properly
  • Huffer isn't flush with the ground when aircraft is at rest (Being worked on, but presents a modelling challenge
  • Nav, Tail and Anti-collision lights bleed through the body

Release FAQ

Is it really free?

Yes, it’s really free. :thumbup:

When will it be released?

TBD, still targeting the end of October.

Where will the download be available?

Google Drive appears to be the method of choice for now. The files, which still need to be trimmed, currently sit at 803 MB unpacked in the mods folder with all of our liveries. We may explore dropbox instead; however Google drive currently serves us well in other capacities. A new forum thread includ9ing this info will be created upon release, as Gos holds permissions to this one.

Edited by NineLine

Former A-4E-C 3D Artist

Logo Credit to Plusnine

great update and vid! thank you all for your efforts!

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Really nice video. Wow thats an easy startup. Can't wait for the Case III landings.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

Great work! Will we be able to replace the girl's photo in the cockpit with our own ones?

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

Phantastic job, you did there. With all the ups and downs we need to thank you so much for seeing this through.

With the F-14 on the horizon and an A-6 Intruder, this is the icing on the cake, no... more like the perfect tempered and brewed coffee to go with the cake.

How many of us will go "Jester" and "Maverick"? Lift your hands! :D

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Nice job and great work !

Cant wait to fly it.

The startup fill so short.

This is because the Mod capability or its like the real plan ?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

IAF Bell205

IAF Anafa

-----------------------

DCS World Modules: A-10C, FC3, MiG-21BiS, F-86, P-51, KA-50, UH-1H Huey, Mi-8, M2000K, Gazal, Bf109, Mig-15, Hawk and NTTR

-----------------------

My System - ASUS Maximus HERO iiiv, CoolMaster 120 Sadion Plus, I7 -6700K @4.0, G.Skill ddr4 16GB ram, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 , PSU Seasonic X-650W, OCZ 150 500Gb ssd drive X2, Seagate 7200 1T X2.

-------------

are u guys looking to promote it on some youtube channels? if so I'd be happy to showcase this on my channel prior to ur official launch.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

HP OMEN 880-130 - Windows 10/Intel Core i7-8700K/2TB HDD/ 1TB SSD/32GB DDR4 RAM/GTX 1080 Ti