How do I release the trap wire?

Alphamale

ALWAYS when you trap the wire add full throttle and then IDLE, this adds forward momentum to the Hornet and tension to the wire and at IDLE the plane will move backwards releasing the hook.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

ALWAYS when you trap the wire add full throttle and then IDLE, this adds forward momentum to the Hornet and tension to the wire and at IDLE the plane will move backwards releasing the hook.

So you're saying the apparent lack of full throttle and then immediate Idle caused this? And the deck crew will not unhook me because I didn't use enough full throttle? Hmmm

Don't touch the brakes, I've done that accidentally before. You can get out of it sometimes going to full throttle then back to nil throttle.

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

Don't touch the brakes, I've done that accidentally before. You can get out of it sometimes going to full throttle then back to nil throttle.

Only time I put my feet on the brakes while on a carrier is when I'm lining up on the cat...and that's all, or taxi

Edited by Alphamale

The deck crew doesn't unhook. Trap, full throttle for 4 sec, idle, raise your hook.

But they would IRL...right? And are you saying that this is a "feature"? I would think that the penalty for not using enough (and btw, I do use thrust on carrier landings) thrust while catching a wire, would be a quick jump into the ocean on a bolter.

the cable will be under far too much pressure for the deck crew to be able to unhook it, even if they didn't mind losing limbs in the process.

if you watch RL videos, and maybe trust the people that have already offered advice, you will see that the aircraft unhook themselves, in the manner described by @ESAC_mirmidon, allowing the cable to return ready for the next arrival and your aircraft to taxi out of the way.

will save you searching for a video.

the cable will be under far too much pressure for the deck crew to be able to unhook it, even if they didn't mind losing limbs in the process.

if you watch RL videos, and maybe trust the people that have already offered advice, you will see that the aircraft unhook themselves, in the manner described by @ESAC_mirmidon, allowing the cable to return ready for the next arrival and your aircraft to taxi out of the way.

will save you searching for a video.

Tension on the cable was released if you watch the track..the wire should have disengaged...bug

A "bug" that nobody else appears to be experiencing. Good luck with getting that fixed.

Maybe keep practising and perhaps make sure that you raise the hook so that it disengages when the tension goes out of the cable, as in the video that I linked?

A "bug" that nobody else appears to be experiencing. Good luck with getting that fixed.

Maybe keep practising and perhaps make sure that you raise the hook so that it disengages when the tension goes out of the cable, as in the video that I linked?

Did you watch it? The hook raises after the trap by itself...why? Don't know...just out of curiosity, why don't you download my track, then take control of it and let's see if there's a different outcome...plus I can see your expert landing and learn from it

Sorry but no bug.

You are using the brakes ALL THE TIME. Check your pedals.

8tzosul.jpg

Yep, somehow my brakes were engaged, because I never use them for carrier landings...maybe pedals need calibration, but for whatever reason they were slightly depressed...I took control of the track and then saw that my brakes were on....so SORRY I SAID IT WAS BUG...YOU WERE ALL RIGHT, I WAS WRONG...FORGIVE ME :(

Yep, somehow my brakes were engaged, because I never use them for carrier landings...maybe pedals need calibration, but for whatever reason they were slightly depressed...I took control of the track and then saw that my brakes were on....so SORRY I SAID IT WAS BUG...YOU WERE ALL RIGHT, I WAS WRONG...FORGIVE ME :(

OK I forgive you, only this one time tho.:D

It's all good Alphamale we all have our moments.:thumbup:

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

Dont worry mate, im doing mistakes all the time but there are always kind people willing to help if you let them.

Glad we find the issue finally

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

It seems my Logitech G940 rudder pedals sometimes return 0.5 on all axies until the axis is actually actuated. Maybe driver-related.

If you start in the air, maybe the brakes remain at 0.5 since you might no depress toe brakes at all until after trapping.

i7-7700K@4.8GHz, 16Gb-3200, GTX-1080Ti-Strix-11Gb, Maximus IX Hero, Oculus Rift, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C, Logitech G940 Pedals.

It seems my Logitech G940 rudder pedals sometimes return 0.5 on all axies until the axis is actually actuated. Maybe driver-related.

If you start in the air, maybe the brakes remain at 0.5 since you might no depress toe brakes at all until after trapping.

Yeah, I have CH Pro pedals...but no worries...I'll simply make it a habit to press/release pedals to reset them at zero when I start any mission...thanks for input

But they would IRL...right? And are you saying that this is a "feature"? I would think that the penalty for not using enough (and btw, I do use thrust on carrier landings) thrust while catching a wire, would be a quick jump into the ocean on a bolter.

Aircrew will stay well the hell clear of your jet's exhaust.

You're meant to go to full power at touchdown in case you don't trap and bolter so you don't crash into the water.

Also, if you trap and you don>'t throttle up, you will be 'idle in the wires' as far as the LSO is concerned.

You will unhookl once you ease off the throttle by the wires pulling you rearwards and eventualy causing them to slip off your hook once tension is released.

Basically, you touchdown, trap, go to full throttle, stop, go to idle power, raise the hook, get dragged rearwards, unhook, taxi away from the landing area.