Bugs and Problems

baltic_dragon

Hey! thanks for the kind words!

Unfortunately the campaign (and I think any other) will not work under 2.5.1 OB, there are at least two different bugs that will make the AI go dumb (waypointnswitching by triggers doesn’t work and radio transmission sent while taxiing will stop the plane on the ground, what you have experienced in M3). You will have to wait until it is fixed or play in stable release.

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

So I didn't understand why my private missions didn't work. Several hours later I find this post of yours, and yes, that explains it.

Quite amazing that a function that has worked flawlessly since 1.forever suddenly ceases to work after an update that doesn't concern that functionality (as per release notes).

There are a couple of bugs in 2.5.1 that completely broke the campaign - if you want to continue (or - in this case - start) I advise to roll back to 2.5.0 or wait till the fix, hopefully this Wednesday.. sorry, this is completely out of my hands!

Looking at that mini-update that ED appeared to drop yesterday, the log suggested that the speech.lua file had been updated and when i played my next mission in the official campaign this evening, the one with the traitor L-39 pilot, i couldn't hear the leader's radio transmissions when up in the air, despite seeing the text on screen. the two might not be connected, as i am sure that i heard voices on the ground, testing radio comms etc., but thought it worth mentioning.

Hey Greyman,

My bet is that you had the radios tuned incorrectly. Currently there is a bug introduced in the first installment of Open Beta 2.5.1 in which you will see all the on-screen texts for all the radio transmissions no matter on what channel they play, i.e even on frequencies you are not tuned to.

Therefore I believe the transmission played OK but you didn't hear it as you were probably on the wrong channel.

I thought that I had switched the green radio to preset 2, but I'll try that mission again, just to make sure. Maybe there is another frequency switch that I had missed.

Thanks for the help

Did You change Freq from VUHF to UHF?

Move the green knob and preset knob only isn't enough.

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

It will probably be my finger trouble somewhere along the line, especially as I have only just started flying with easy comms off. I'll do some more reading and maybe try to find a good video tutorial or training mission to sharpen my radio comms skills.

Thanks for the pointers

I'm having problems with radios as well. I have easy communications disabled, using 2.5.0 stable. Downloaded the updated missions too. In mission 7: Hotel 5 i'm told to switch to channel 6 on green radio to assist Sabre, i do that but i don't hear the Sabre or other flights, just my own dialogue. Destroyed the ground targets and my pilot eventually told to RTB but still couldn't hear anyone, tried switching channels again, nothing. I landed, taxiid to correct spot, ended mission and it failed.

Also had some other problems with this mission. When i did full INS alignment, game crashed when i changed from STS mode to N. Tried again and this time it didn't crash but my wingman didn't taxi at all. Then i decided to skip the whole INS alignment process and he taxiid just fine and chatted on radio until we had to change to channel 6 on green radio where those radio problems started.

This is my radio setup, everything ok?

5Wx16pP.jpg

Hey, I will have a look at the mission. Your radio looks OK, yet it seems as either something was wrong with it or the unit that is transmitting it in game, I'll have to check. Do you have any mods installed?

Just AJS-37 english cockpit, Huey sound mod and Huey cargo view adjustment mod. Thanks for your help (again) :)

BD, some something-somethings from the AWACS mission.

I'll be a little cryptic to avoid spoiling it for others. For some reason the hand-holders don't stop holding hands contrary to the radio indications, and they don't react to any attack, overshooting or other stimuli.

The dialogue also mentions visual identification a few times but for reason or another in 2.5 it's completely dark until the very end of the mission so eyeballing aircraft types and such is impossible.

BD, some something-somethings from the AWACS mission.

I'll be a little cryptic to avoid spoiling it for others. For some reason the hand-holders don't stop holding hands contrary to the radio indications, and they don't react to any attack, overshooting or other stimuli.

The dialogue also mentions visual identification a few times but for reason or another in 2.5 it's completely dark until the very end of the mission so eyeballing aircraft types and such is impossible.

I've just flown it again and can't reproduce- two hand-holders do change course and attack.

Make sure that you use F-10 radio menu to report in that you have a radar lock on them.

• 2 weeks later...
Just AJS-37 english cockpit, Huey sound mod and Huey cargo view adjustment mod. Thanks for your help (again) :)

Hey, I've been looking into that bug you mentioned for hotel 7 and I need some additional info:

A) Have you heard the Hotel 5 before? Is it only Sabre that you didn't hear? (Hotel 5 should have German accent, Sabre - Russian)

B) Have you sen Sabre? Did it engage the targets?

Looks like your radios were set up correctly. Also everything looks good in the mission. The only reason I can think of is that Sabre crashed somewhere on the way and thats why you didn't hear him..