Problem with TPOD and DMT displays ?

flo57100

Hello Harrier pilots,

Something I noticed, maybe you have the same problem: DMT and TPOD displays look like there was some kind of medical gaze on the sensor objectives, the display looks fuzzy like shown on the following screens:

attachment.php?attachmentid=181217&stc=1&d=1521403538

attachment.php?attachmentid=181218&stc=1&d=1521403538

Do you have the same kind of issue ?

Screen_180318_194055.thumb.jpg.1431ae4dcda301ffecd5b7b69f24a53a.jpg

Screen_180314_214233.thumb.jpg.70c21a2b1043fd0a12d2381aa00ef860.jpg

Same here ; I'm suspecting yet another "dirty" texture...

Zip - VEAF :pilotfly:

If you want to learn, talk and fly with french-speaking friends, the Virtual European Air Force is here for you ! Meet us on our Discord and our forum

If you're a mission creator, you may want to check the VEAF Mission Creation Tools (and its GitHub repository) a set of open-source scripts and tools that make creating a dynamic mission a breeze !

When i remember right it wasnt like this before we had the Update with the Green Mask implemented. May im wrong with that but as we received the green mask i noticed these visual effect on the display.

+1

Current specs: Windows 10 64bit, i7-7700K @ 4.8 Ghz, 32 GB RAM, 1 To SSD, RTX2070-Super, TrackIR 5, TM Warthog, TM T.Flight Rudder Pedals

Considering MPCDs have about 1024x1024 (depending on sources, some say 768x768, some 1024x768 ) for resolution and are 17.9cm (7.07 inches) in diagonal, it is the same resolution for the Litening 2 pod in CCD (much worse in FLIR).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Litening

http://www.mdisplay.com/f-18-mpcd---multi-purpose-color-display.html

This is a replica of course.

It should have 81 pixels per cm (205 pixels per in) which is not actually that bad, comparable to a 24 inch 4K display, of course it has nothing to do with other display/pod caracteristics but i'm wondering if this screen door layer is realistic.

It's not a dirty texture btw, meant to be there. Could a dev tell us more about it ? If he has time, i mean this is far from being the most important detail.

Edited by Rex854Warrior

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Found it ! "Dirty" texture indeed...

In Mods\aircraft\AV8BNA\Cockpit\MPCD\indicator\MPCD_init.lua, line 9 :

used_render_mask = LockOn_Options.script_path.."Resources/MPCD/MPCD_DAY_MASK.dds" --default mask for TV

This refers to a texture (in Mods\aircraft\AV8BNA\Cockpit\Resources\MPCD\MPCD_DAY_MASK.dds) which looks like a fly screen (good catch Eldur).

Commenting line 9 and uncommenting line 10 gives us the grey untempered MPCD video...

If you want to learn, talk and fly with french-speaking friends, the Virtual European Air Force is here for you ! Meet us on our Discord and our forum

If you're a mission creator, you may want to check the VEAF Mission Creation Tools (and its GitHub repository) a set of open-source scripts and tools that make creating a dynamic mission a breeze !

Looks normal.

Signed,

A VR user

LOL, I fly in VR as well and was about to say something similar. :D

Techlabs Chameleon Watercooled Gaming PC - Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.7GHz : Samsung 950 Pro 256GB SSD, Samsung 500 gig SSD, Seagate 1TB 7200RPM Drive : MSI GeForce GTX 1080 "Founders Edition" 8192MB : 800W '80 Plus Gold' Modular Power Supply : 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C16 3200MHz : Occulus Rift S : TM Warthog : MFG Crosswind V2 : Win 10 64. PointCTRL.

I don't mind the green colour but the "mesh" effect is over done. Switched to the grey option for now, thanks Davidp57.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

I hope this is a bug that can be fixed, because it is really difficult to find targets with this display.

Razbam feedback ??????

MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - Intel I7 4790K - Artic cooling freezer 7 pro rev 2 - GSKILL 32 Go - SSD Crucial M5 120 go - SSD Crucial 2To - HDD western digital caviar blue 1 TO - Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming G1 - Windows 10 home 64 bits

Here's a mod (JSGME compatible) that I made with modified textures ; I kept the color while removing the "flyscreen" door effect, for MPCD and HUD.

Hope this helps !

AV8B MPCD Color.zip

Here's a mod (JSGME compatible) that I made with modified textures ; I kept the color while removing the "flyscreen" door effect, for MPCD and HUD.

Hope this helps !

Will this pass IC for MP?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

So what if you guys find that effect is realistic, do you stick up to it because you want realism (and hence lower display quality) or want to have a mod it removed?

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

So what if you guys find that effect is realistic, do you stick up to it because you want realism (and hence lower display quality) or want to have a mod it removed?

My CV1 puts enough screendoor effect on everything already, I don't see a need to double down on it.

If I played on a monitor and a little fly screen effect was realistic, I'd leave it.

Just my $0.02

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Hope this helps !

Many thanks, how to install without JSGME ?

MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - Intel I7 4790K - Artic cooling freezer 7 pro rev 2 - GSKILL 32 Go - SSD Crucial M5 120 go - SSD Crucial 2To - HDD western digital caviar blue 1 TO - Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming G1 - Windows 10 home 64 bits

Just open up the zip and the first folder inside (AV8B MPCD Color.zip\AV8B MPCD Color) and copy that Mods folder straight to your DCS World folder and overwrite. But you'd better check out which files are in there and create backups of the original ones.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Just open up the zip and the first folder inside (AV8B MPCD Color.zip\AV8B MPCD Color) and copy that Mods folder straight to your DCS World folder and overwrite. But you'd better check out which files are in there and create backups of the original ones.

Thanks