ED Forums - View Single Post - Throttle sticks at 90%
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2018, 03:50 AM   #1
75th-VFS-Striker

Default Throttle sticks at 90%

I did a search and haven't found any posts describing this problem. Maybe it's been reported before or internally but I haven't found anything. We use the F-5E for training and it would be nice if the throttle worked properly. I would like to know if this is being addressed in the upcoming new releases.

The first example is in climbing and diving (skip to about 0:20) showing that the throttle will be fine until you reach 15,000 feet and then will suddenly snap to 90%. My throttles calibrated and set to 102% when they reach the afterburner detente. I have tested this in Nevada and we have a similar behavior but it seems to work properly all the time when starting from the ground.

The second video shows that the problem exists from startup all the way through taxi and takeoff (skip to about 3:35 where I test the throttle). Also when in the pattern and coming in for a landing the throttle will again stick at 90% making safe landing difficult. If I push the throttle into afterburner and then back to the detente it goes back to 102%.

32 GB Memory
Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit

Last edited by 75th-VFS-Striker; 01-03-2018 at 03:57 AM.
75th-VFS-Striker is offline   Reply With Quote