CCIP and hills/mountains

Sandman1330

I remember this being a problem with the A10C at one time as well.

It seems CCIP doesn't take into account the DTED data for the elevation of the target. Therefore, in the mountains and hills, CCIP isn't accurate (only tested on bombs so far, but I suspect guns/rockets will be same).

In the A10 we could work around it by manually setting the elevation of the target, rather than relying on DTED data. Any thoughts for the AV8B?

Note: ARBS works well still.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

Are you designating the ground near the target? In order for the ARBS to get an accurate HOT it needs to be tracking a spot at or at least near the target. Otherwise the system relies on (I think) RALT for HOT, which is not going to be accurate in hills.

Not sure if this is working yet, but that’s my input

Yeah, ARBS is good, it was CCIP that gave the problem.

However, tried the same mission in daytime, and bombs were hitting pretty close to target. I’m now wondering if it was something to do with the HUD FLIR....

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

Yeah but are you using the ARBS when making CCIP runs?

Nope!

TO get accurate target elevation you must first lock a spot with the DMT so ARBS can calculate ballistic impact point accurately. This is valid for both AUTO and CIP.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

Ah ha!!!! Thanks Zeus. I think that is my problem for the inaccuracy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer