Flight model

Big Nuts

I would like to know more about the harrier fm. Its an Afm not a pfm right? The main reason i play dcs is because the fm's are so realistic, mi8, mig15, sabre etc etc...

So how realistic is the harrier fm? I know the mirage had issues for a long time so im skeptical. I see a lot of modules in the works for razbam, im just worried dcs will start filling up with mediocre flight models which may break the magic for me. Ive seen the new harrier video and there is no mention of the fm, just 'oh wow it looks good and has shooty things on it'.

A concerned hard core dcs fan.

• Like 1

It is an EFM, otherwise we wouldn't have vectorial thrust.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

to more explain this:

EFM = External(for thirdparty developed) Flight Model

this basically means as realistic as you can get with the ressources avaible.

so i think it will be on the same lineage as the flight models for the aircrafts mentioned above.

correct me if i´m wrong

to more explain this:

EFM = External(for thirdparty developed) Flight Model

this basically means as realistic as you can get with the ressources avaible.

so i think it will be on the same lineage as the flight models for the aircrafts mentioned above.

correct me if i´m wrong

It means that the code for the flight model is provided totally by the 3rd party developers. Whether it is realistic or not depends on the model they used and the data they had available.