Su33 campaign unplayable

ricktoberfest

Yeahhhhhh. It was one of the more amusing things to discover that changed with the updated flight model.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

It seems that you can't take off in the campaign with more than 50-60% fuel. Even the ai won't make it above 50% fuel with weapons. Not sure if it's a bug or the campaign missions need to be updated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did it come to your mind beside it could be a bug it could also be the reality. And you have to top up fuel mid air like many other jets with huge payload. Not to mention the shortage of runway.

Edited by KEULE

If I would like to fly SFM I could get it for free at World of Warplanes.

You only need 2 of the following 3: Altitude - Speed - Skill

Did it come to your mind beside it could be a bug it could also be the reality. And you have to top up fuel mid air like many other jets with huge payload. Not to mention the shortage of runway.

Yes it did- which is why I said maybe just the missions need to be updated to lower fuel and add tanker

Yes it did- which is why I said maybe just the missions need to be updated to lower fuel and add tanker

Most likely this will be done, but hard to have a tanker running around in battle zone without it getting shot down (don't like immortal either) and even harder to refuel whilst in a sortie with the enemy.

Solutions are being looked into.

Regards, Ian.

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

Most likely this will be done, but hard to have a tanker running around in battle zone without it getting shot down (don't like immortal either) and even harder to refuel whilst in a sortie with the enemy.

Solutions are being looked into.

Regards, Ian.

Noticed on YouTube someone able to start from the waist cat. That would help the player aircraft take off at least. If the AI was already in the air at the start or spawned at the waist cat after the player launched then the issue would be fixed.

I do respect and only want realistic flight modeling and I'm aware that his is in Beta so I'm not expecting everything to be perfect.

I do respect and only want realistic flight modeling and I'm aware that his is in Beta so I'm not expecting everything to be perfect.

The Su-33 Sea Dragon Campaign will be corrected in short order, the current one supplied in game is most likely already working better due to the resent dcs patch which had a fix for the Su-33 AI takeoff difficulties and Max takeoff weights.

The Su-33 AI may still crash until the missions carrier speed is adjusted up from 20km/h to 60km/h though.

The completely updated campaign files are now available on ED DCS user files section, as of 24-OCT-2017, not sure if ED are likely to incorporate these into the actual game in the near future.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/?arrFilter_pf%5Bfiletype%5D=&arrFilter_pf%5Bgameversion%5D=&arrFilter_pf%5Bfilelang%5D=&arrFilter_pf%5Baircraft%5D=&arrFilter_DATE_CREATE_1_DAYS_TO_BACK=&CREATED_BY=MadDog-IC&sort_by_order=TIMESTAMP_X_DESC&set_filter=Filter

Regards, Ian.

Edited by MadDog-IC
Completed Su-33 (PFM) Sea Dragon Campaign Missions

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

The Su-33 Sea Dragon Campaign will be corrected in short order, the current one supplied in game is most likely already working better due to the resent dcs patch which had a fix for the Su-33 AI takeoff difficulties and Max takeoff weights.

The Su-33 AI may still crash until the missions carrier speed is adjusted up from 20km/h to 60km/h though.

The updated campaign files should be available on ED DCS user files section at the end of the first or second week of October 2017 and then in game sometime after that.

Regards, Ian.

Thanks. I haven’t been home to try the newest update, but before that was playing around some with various mission starts. The 3rd aircraft in a group starts at the waist cat and has a longer run, but it only works to set it to “client”, not “player” if you want to fly it yourself. Also setting wind speed to headwind and carrier speed to max helped a lot for player takeoffs, but I think the AI flight model ignores wind.

I even did a takeoff with the direct control on and that kind of turned into a cobra takeoff thing where I was pitched up 50 degrees. Unnecessary- but fun!

Not sure what's happening, but every time I try taking off of the carrier I stall and crash into the ocean. This is during the multiplayer online. This never happened before the update???

How many fuel do you have on bord?

...you can't take off in the campaign with more than 50-60% fuel...

Playing: F-16C

Intel i7-13700KF, 64GB DDR5 @5600MHz, RTX 4080 ZOTAC Trinity, WIN 11 64Bit Prof.

Squadron "Serious Uglies" / Discord-Server: https://discord.gg/2WccwBh

Ghost0815

Not sure what's happening, but every time I try taking off of the carrier I stall and crash into the ocean. This is during the multiplayer online. This never happened before the update???

Things have changed my friend, just had a quick test of the Su-33 myself.

• Can take-off successfully at Max weight, 24,600kg (50% fuel, No missiles), carrier at stand still 0 km/h with no head wind.
  • Can take-off successfully at Max weight 30,000kg (72% fuel and heaviest A/A missile loadout) if carrier is steaming at 50km/h or higher with no head wind.
  • Can take-off successfully at Max weight, 32,633kg (100% fuel and heaviest A/A missile loadout) if carrier is steaming at 50 km/h or higher with a head wind of 5-10 m/s or higher.

For a comfortable successful take off from forward position 1 or 2 with full fuel and Missile loadout:

• Carrier should be at maximum speed (50-59 km/h) heading into wind.
  • Head Wind speed should be higher than 5m/s, (10m/s or higher) is ideal.
  • Your maximum take-off weight should be under 30,000kg, you can go heavier if head wind is higher than 10 m/s.

In your planes cockpit ready for take-off:

• Set "Flaps" up using the (Left CONTROL + F Key).
  • Open the "Engine inlet protection Grids" using the (Left ALT + I keys) to gain an extra 10% power to the motors.
  • Engage and hold the "Wheel brakes - Start" using the (Left SHIFT + W keys) and not the (Wheel Brake ON = W key or rudder pedal Toe brakes) to hold you in position.
  • Advance the throttle to 100% until the "Afterburners" engage, shown by the "Two green lights" on the center console.
  • When the two "Afterburner green lights" come on, engage the "Special engine thrust mode" using the (Left SHIFT + E keys), this will increase the engine thrust to 103%, a third green light will come on, this is situated between and below the two "afterburner indicator lights", you should release all brakes at this point.
  • As you leave the ski jump, retract your wheels ASAP using the (G key or Left CONTROL + G keys).
  • Increase your "Angle of attack" to gain altitude whilst maintaining a climbing speed "above 240 kilometers per hour", climb to "1000 meters" and level off, reduce the throttle slightly to turn off the afterburners and special engine mode.

Happy flying.

P.S thanks to all other users that informed me about some features I wan't aware of, it is very much appreciated, as (I am an Su-33 noob).

I have simply compiled all the take-off procedures into one easy to read list.

Regards, Ian.

Edited by MadDog-IC
Found out about the special (Wheel Brake start) and (FOD) commands

DCS Tech Support.

I think you forgot to mention to deactivate intake shields.

Shields kill engine power.

Yes wasn't sure about those at the time, I assumed they were automatically opened, have since read about the FOD shields and the 10% decrease in power and see that when Ai take off they are closed.

Thanks for reminding me, will update post.

Cheers, Ian.

DCS Tech Support.