what is DCS: NS430

Abburo

I'm really concerned about this module. Will server host be able to prohibit the use of this device?

Because it would ruin any Cold War era mission where pilots have to rely on nav systems that were available at this time and such a device would be nothing else but cheating... :(

• Like 1

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I'm really concerned about this module. Will server host be able to prohibit the use of this device?

Because it would ruin any Cold War era mission where pilots have to rely on nav systems that were available at this time and such a device would be nothing else but cheating... :(

That would be a no, at least i hope, because while i agree with you that pilots have to rely on a timer and average speed and/or radio navigation in cold war era scenarios, paying 15 $ to see that 75% of servers disable it for a reason or another would be very anoying. People that want to do it properly will, others will use it.

EDIT : But isn't it in the game already, did no one download it or test it and checked if options for it were available in the ME ?

Edited by Rex854Warrior

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That would be a no, at least i hope, because while i agree with you that pilots have to rely on a timer and average speed and/or radio navigation in cold war era scenarios, paying 15 $ to see that 75% of servers disable it for a reason or another would be very anoying.

But isn't it in the game already, did no one download it or test it ?

LOL. That reasoning... It's like Premium Access... Pay to win.

How about if "DCS R77" is made as a 15$ module? Can I take it in a Cold War scenario? But I payed!!! Obviously I want it on Mi-8 too... :megalol:

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

LOL. That reasoning... It's like Premium Access... Pay to win.

How about if "DCS R77" is made as a 15$ module? Can I take it in a Cold War scenario? But I payed!!! Obviously I want it on Mi-8 too... :megalol:

Well i do it properly, and i don't see how it's gonna be pay to win ? i mean i see it as a convenience. And as i said above, i agree that on cold war servers it shouldn't available.

PS : having a GPS system not purposely designed for military usage and having a pay only R-77 is not the same thing at all (in terms of pay to win) ^^

EDIT : Actually i changed my mind, it should be era/scenario restricted.

Edited by Rex854Warrior

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

No worries, I wasn't really serious. Obviously who wants to restrict it should be able to do so like with any plane after all... you can't take a F15 to a Korea Sabre vs Mig15 scenario server.

My only problem with this device (which probably I would pick up at a sale of +50%) is that knowing there are no plans for a DCS World with full planet (even low rez textures and no foliage etc) it feels a bit... flat earthed? I mean, this device could work on a Planet Earth scale but we will have to use it basically in a bathroom... on some maps that could be easily learned after few hours. I don't find precise (by the meter) navigation really necessary in a Mi-8 for example.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

If I'm buying this, I need it also for the 109, the spit, 86, mig15, huey, and all VFR based non modern crafts. I hope some sort of compatibility is planned for older and newer modules.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

I love the fact that we see GPS in DCS, finally!

But as usual marketing/announcing is shady and it sounds again that nothing is guaranteed and even developers don't know what will follow.

I hope to see this on possibly every plane. None of the aircrafts from DCS have this as standard equipment so if we are going with implementing it for Mi8 I think it should be available for every module (and i would prefere to have clarification on this very soon, simply yes or no, i am sure they know by now if they want it in all aircrafts or not).

I also hope they will figure out the MP problem regarding allowing/banning it on servers.

• Like 1

Smash 1-1 | Hawk

I love the fact that we see GPS in DCS, finally!

But as usual marketing/announcing is shady and it sounds again that nothing is guaranteed and even developers don't know what will follow.

I hope to see this on possibly every plane. None of the aircrafts from DCS have this as standard equipment so if we are going with implementing it for Mi8 I think it should be available for every module (and i would prefere to have clarification on this very soon, simply yes or no, i am sure they know by now if they want it in all aircrafts or not).

I also hope they will figure out the MP problem regarding allowing/banning it on servers.

Uhm, GPS is already available in the A-10C and Ka-50, including moving maps.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

From the store...

The NS 430 GPS navigation system is an optional add-on module for DCS World aircraft. Starting with DCS: Mi-8MTV2, the NS 430 provides powerful, yet intuitive, navigation and radio communications options to supplement the navigation and radio systems already integrated into our aircraft.

Its optional...

Its early access.. a beta... for test...

I would assume other module integration would depend on demand..

There are 'no' problems with Servers...

There are no shady marketing..

Where does all this negative hype come from?

SIGBLOCK.png

Uhm, GPS is already available in the A-10C and Ka-50, including moving maps.

Oh yes sorry, I was obviously talking about aircrafts that don't have GPS implemented in base systems. Even then, if there will be STAR/SID routes etc in this GPS module, you still don't have those in A-10C and Ka-50 build in systems.

Smash 1-1 | Hawk

From the store...

Its optional...

I am not going to repeat what i read in last 14 pages of this thread, read it yourself and then you will understand better what i was trying to say.

And i am not here to argue or discuss it further, i stated only my opinion as customer and potentional customer.

EDIT: "It's beta" :D :D Everyone know that this is universial excuse for releasing unfinished products with the bright side of getting feedback and darkside of blaming everything that's wrong on "it's early access".

We have a lot of "release versions" that still carry bugs from early access so don't get me even started on this...

EDIT2: Regarding that shady marketing:

Name says DCS: NS 430 Navigation System for DCS: Mi-8MTV2.

Description says: The NS 430 GPS navigation system is an optional add-on module for DCS World aircraft. Starting with DCS: Mi-8MTV2,

So does that mean it will later be implemented in other aircrafts without additional need to pay? Or will there be another release with name DCS: NS 430 Navigation System for DCS: F5E and we will need to buy it again? That's what i meant for example.

Edited by cicimicikiller
  • Like 1

Smash 1-1 | Hawk

From the store...

Its optional...

Some people might need it to survive... :D

Nah, I found annoying seeing something in the store and no info almost about it at all. I dont even knew if it was from ED or BST.

I mean, im not forced to buy anything at all... its natural to feel this way in cases like this.

just a bad marketing move, that brings all the negative found in this thread-

Edited by shonist

I7 7700k - Msi Z270 Gaming+

GTX 1070ti

16gb @2400

2x Samsung 850EVO 250/500 - 1x HDD 1TB

SAITEK-MAD CATZ CYBORG FLY 5 STICK

WIN 10

From the store...

Its optional...

isnt like they do whatever and we cant expect anything from them.

Lots of ppl supports their development buying their aircrafts to support them.

Its kinda an invesment for new content. Unfinished stuff its not like the best thing you can get right?

btw, im looking forward for this to be in other aircrafts :D

I7 7700k - Msi Z270 Gaming+

GTX 1070ti

16gb @2400

2x Samsung 850EVO 250/500 - 1x HDD 1TB

SAITEK-MAD CATZ CYBORG FLY 5 STICK

WIN 10

...So does that mean it will later be implemented in other aircrafts without additional need to pay? Or will there be another release with name DCS: NS 430 Navigation System for DCS: F5E and we will need to buy it again?...
Absolutely I don't believe that you would buy same module again and again for each aircraft. That would be really ridiculous and stupid. I don't believe ED (oh, sorry BST) does such a marketing thing.

And again, I believe that if you buy NS-430 once and if the aircraft module you own supports it, you can use it in any aircraft you wish.

Yes... I believe. :D

I'm listening Barbra Streisand - I Believe (You'll Never Walk Alone). :D

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

Yes there are: Such a device is nothing less but a cheat in Cold War scenarios (and WW2 scenarios if WW2 birds will also get it in the future). As long as there is no option for admins to prohibit the use of such a device it is a huge problem.

Edit: Of course, I'm talking about servers/missions with disabled F10 map options.

Tornado3 small.jpg

Well, this is an interesting find in the standard 1.5

Are you saying that the GPS system also works already in the "standard" (i.e. non-beta) 1.5 version? Does it work for the Mi-8 also?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel Core I7 4820K @4.3 GHz, Asus P9X79 motherboard, 16 GB RAM @ 933 MHz, NVidia GTX 1070 with 8 GB VRAM, Windows 10 Pro

It probably will be. Mainly because the only other place they can put it is where the bottom of the sight is.

Well than it's useless. It's pretty standart for L39 to be flown by only one pilot and he doesn't sit in the back. It doesn't necessarily need to be placed in some existing panel, maybe it could be placed above dash on the side, as a standalone instrument. Somewhere under compass

Smash 1-1 | Hawk

it made me want to buy L-39. i hope they put it in front seat area

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5