Pong WTF!

Dave317

Easter egg.

Glad to see they have so much extra time on their hands. :doh:

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...
Equipped with Pong and other Easter Eggs yet can't get the clock to work.

Everything you need to know about Heatblur right there.

Salt much?

Good grief cut some slack. That's some real ungratefulness right there. :noexpression:

GeForce GTX 970, i5 4690K 3.5 GHz, 8 GB ram, Win 10, 1080p

54501402.jpg

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Glad to see they have so much extra time on their hands. :doh:

Please try to remember that Heatblur consists of human beings, who are not machines, and god forbid- try to have some enjoyment every now and again by implementing an easter egg.

I'll point you to the overwhelming positive reaction to the Viggen and changelog thread as counterpoints to any concerns of priorities. We are actively working on the Viggen.

Only one member of the main Viggen team is busy with the F-14. It is not de-prioritised.

Disappointing community interactions lately.

Things take time. We do not want to ship broken features or fixes. Snarky comments are pointless beyond serving as personal attacks.

Edited by Cobra847
  • Like 1

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Don't let it get you down! Keep in mind that people who are happy with a product usally don't voice their opinion as much as people who have complains. Sure, there are still quite some problems with the Viggen, but I have faith that you guys are working on it. So, pls keep it up :thumbup:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Please try to remember that Heatblur consists of human beings, who are not machines, and god forbid- try to have some enjoyment every now and again by implementing an easter egg.

I'll point you to the overwhelming positive reaction to the Viggen and changelog thread as counterpoints to any concerns of priorities. We are actively working on the Viggen.

Only one member of the main Viggen team is busy with the F-14. It is not de-prioritised.

Things take time. We do not want to ship broken features or fixes. Snarky comments are pointless beyond serving as personal attacks.

Don't let them get you down. :smilewink: I haven't bought the Viggen yet as I'm waiting for the F-14 first, but this little easter egg has certainly made me even more interested to get both. :smilewink:

I prefer fun and easter eggs over extreme realism any day.

Modules:

Owned:

P-51D, F/A-18C, AJS-37, NTTR, F-5E, M-2000C, Bf 109, Fw 190 D-9, F-86F, Mig-15Bis, A-10C, Combined Arms, Mi-8Mtv2, UH-1H, Black Shark 2, Mig-21Bis, FC3, F-14A/B, Mig-19, Spitfire, JF-17, Persian Gulf

Would Like to See:

Mig-29K, Su-24, Mig-25, J-8II, J-10 , Tornado

Specifications:

Windows 10 64Bit, i7-7700K 4.2Ghz, GTX 1080, 16Gb RAM, T.flight Stick X

Nicholas, you and the other Heatblur team members are doing a great job. Don't take such harsh comments too serious, some people have no clue what it takes to develop such a piece of software which has to be embedded in a complex framework but they know how to write provocating posts...

I'm sure the vast majority of the Viggen users are more than happy about the value that you and your fellows brought to the DCS world! The Swedish thunderbolt brought the anti surface warfare to DCS in an unprecedented way... next to many other special things!

Keep up your great work!

Cheers,

Christian

• Like 1

Don't let bitter keyboard warriors posting nasty comments get to you Nicholas! (Most of us have been guilty of getting a bit too frustrated at times..)

All of you at HB have been doing an incredible job with the Tomcat and Carrier, and I have no doubt the F-14 is going to be absolutely amazing! Will be looking for that Top Gun easter egg :thumbup:

Edited by VampireNZ
  • Like 1

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 months later...

please, how the hell can i turn it off once it came up? thanx :music_whistling:

edit: you know what: under 2.2 (NTTR) this thing comes up once the QFE is changed and is "available" between 868.5 and 871.5 mbar.

What the hack?????

Edited by TOViper

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

Hilarious :D

I always figured there's two kinds of developer (as in software developer);

Those who wear a tie to work, and those who leave easter eggs in their code.

It's all about the passion for what you do, and I'm glad to see HB fall into the latter category :)

I don't mean to be mr negative here, it's a fun easter egg and I love you guys for doing it but it can be a bit of an immersion killer, so could this perhaps be moved to a certain data input code like with the HAL easter egg, rather than have it popup randomly?

I don't mean to be mr negative here, it's a fun easter egg and I love you guys for doing it but it can be a bit of an immersion killer, so could this perhaps be moved to a certain data input code like with the HAL easter egg, rather than have it popup randomly?

+1

PLEASE!

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1