[MERGED] Normandy Map and WWII ASSETS, Not in Module Manager

coolts

This fixed it for me, ED should probably make it a sticky or something = less digging required for others.

Originally Posted by BIGNEWY View Post

guide here https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=114030

go into your Eagle Dynamics/DCS World/bin folder.

There, hold Left Shift and right click and click "Open Command window here."

(NOTE: the new windows 10 has moved to powershell, in powershell type cmd )

then one at a time use

DCS_updater.exe install NORMANDY_terrain

DCS_updater.exe install WWII-ARMOUR

Actually, it will be more efficient to do

Code:

DCS_updater.exe install NORMANDY_terrain WWII-ARMOUR

The more efficient code isnt working for me.....it says no such module exists. then immediately opens the autoupdate.log in notepad

Win 10 Pro - Intel I7 12700k@4.9ghz water cooled - ASUS TUF Z690 -EVGA RTX 3080 12G Hybrid - EVGA 1000W PSU - 32GB 3200 G-Skill XMP- Reverb G2 -Custom mip and side panels - Leo Bodnar  BBI32x2, BBI64x4 - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM Cougar MFD's x 3 - TM TPR pedals

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those who run with Windows 10

Try this command prompt: .\dcs_updater.exe install NORMANDY_terrain WWII-ARMOUR

It seems to work for me... And good luck!

Edit: Normandy Map and WWII Assets pack works perfectly now. Just follow the instructions above in the thread: Good flight!:)

2144108050_Sanstitre-1.thumb.jpg.eba0db60494974b33d7ecc5a0090e996.jpg

Edited by KIZIR_77

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Normandy and WWII Assets Not showing Up in MM

I have downloaed and installed 2.1, the Normandy Map, and WWII Assets, after entering the serial numbers for each they show up in the model manager with the green check mark. However, I can find any indication of them in the Mission Editor, no where to select which map or the asssetsto use. Any ideas?

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

Ha! so I come home from work at about 4pm (finished a bit early) Think ooh I'll start the Normandy dowload. so I start the download.....44Gb...? thats a bit steep i think, but, oh well.

So I take the wife out for a walk and a bite to eat. return home at 8pm download still going.. Ok I wait a little longer. 10pm download has finished. Fantastic (i think to myself) I start DCS world Alpha and...........Nothing Nada.....zip.

Bollocks...So I take to the forums and Lo there is a magic powershell command you can run to fix the issue. I run said command and am informed that I now have to download 4.4Gb of Data Oh and another 1.9Gb for the Assets. OK I am getting a little leary right about now, but I click the ok button and wait for yet another Hour........and Yay I have teh Asset pack but no Normandy terrain.....Great.

I'm going to bed I've had just about enough of this.

SD

[sIGPIC]sigpic55726_5.gif[/sIGPIC]

This fixed it for me, ED should probably make it a sticky or something = less digging required for others.

Originally Posted by BIGNEWY View Post

guide here https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=114030

go into your Eagle Dynamics/DCS World/bin folder.

There, hold Left Shift and right click and click "Open Command window here."

(NOTE: the new windows 10 has moved to powershell, in powershell type cmd )

then one at a time use

DCS_updater.exe install NORMANDY_terrain

DCS_updater.exe install WWII-ARMOUR

Actually, it will be more efficient to do

Code:

DCS_updater.exe install NORMANDY_terrain WWII-ARMOUR

Thank you, also as a note for whatever reason if i go to my C drive i can see all my DCS folders etc and this wouldn't work from those locations. I had to navigate to program files\DCS World 2 OpenAlpha\bin and followed your instructions and FINALLY it is working.

My Setup:

HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Combat Pro Rudders, Trackir 5, i Control w/ipad, powered by Alienware Aurora ALX i7 3930k oc 4.2, dual 980s, 16gb Ram.

Got mine working:thumbup: I used Skates GUI updater and it worked ..Thx Great tool:thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] SMOKE'M:smoke: IF YA GOT'M!:gun_rifle:

H2o Cooler I7 9700k GA 390x MB Win 10 pro

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

32 Gig Corsair Vengence, 2T SSD.

TM.Warthog:joystick: :punk:, CV-1:matrix:,3x23" monitors, Tm MFD's, Saitek pro rudders wrapped up in 2 sheets of plywood:megalol:

I have downloaed and installed 2.1, the Normandy Map, and WWII Assets, after entering the serial numbers for each they show up in the model manager with the green check mark. However, I can find any indication of them in the Mission Editor, no where to select which map or the asssetsto use. Any ideas?

I don't have Nevada so I cant comment on how to choose a particular map in the mission editor, but as far as the WWII assets pack is concerned, it appears that the assets are simply added alongside the modern assets. simply choose a side/country and scroll through the items till you find what you want in each category. (EG Armour, Unarmed etc.)

MM not showing Normandy modules +ww2 Asset

dcs.txt

If any of you do not see either Normandy or WW2 Asset pack or both in MM, please, post the dcs.log right after running the MM and no seeing the modules. We need these log! Thanks.

attached my DCS log just after loading Module Manager with no normandy map or WW2 Assets

For those who run with Windows 10

Try this command prompt: .\dcs_updater.exe install NORMANDY_terrain WWII-ARMOUR

It seems to work for me... And good luck!

Edit: Normandy Map and WWII Assets pack works perfectly now. Just follow the instructions above in the thread: Good flight!:)

Yes, I also had to add ".\dcs..." infront of the code.

Reed

8600K|64 GB 3200|4090|m.2

http://www.blacksharkden.com/

Come join us!

.......:-/......hope dcs puts out a fix for this.

P-51, 109K4, 190D9, Spitfire MK IX, Normady :joystick:

i7 7700K, 4.4ghz, 32gb ram, Windows-10 Pro, ASRock Z270 board, Corsair 1000w psu, Samsung Evo 1T SSD & 250 SSD, Titan-X 12gb OC, Asus ROG Swift 24”, 180Hz/1ms, G-SYNC Monitor, Trackir 5, mfg Crosswind pedals, TM warthog,

I don't have Nevada so I cant comment on how to choose a particular map in the mission editor, but as far as the WWII assets pack is concerned, it appears that the assets are simply added alongside the modern assets. simply choose a side/country and scroll through the items till you find what you want in each category. (EG Armour, Unarmed etc.)

Thanks, I see them now, mixed with the others:thumbup:

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

After manually installing Normandy and the WWII Asset Pack, I noticed that both modules have no "Serial Number" button in the module manager. And I had to enter my serial number for the asset pack right away when I first started DCS after the install and for Normandy after switching to the map in the mission editor.

Seems to me as if the association between my install/login and my DCS shop account is somehow not there for those two modules - which then was probably also the reason why they did not show up in the module manager initially.

But they both seem to be workings, though *knocks on wood*.

I just would like to thank the 50 people I got to leach off... (torrenting) for my whole 1.0MB DL speed. You will be recieving a Christmas card this year! Hope to have this finished by then.

Love, Injerin

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I just would like to thank the 50 people I got to leach off... (torrenting) for my whole 1.0MB DL speed. You will be recieving a Christmas card this year! Hope to have this finished by then.

Love, Injerin

Ha! I gave up on the torrent and went to the HTTP and getting a solid 1.0MB DL as well.

What the...

How do I install this thing? Nothing to download from the store. I have my keys. Can't do anything from the module manager.

Do I really have to use a DOS prompt?

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

Do I really have to use a DOS prompt?

Yes.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Well, I waited 5 hours for the 2.1 update. Guess I'll wait another 5 for the terrain and ground units. :badmood:

Time to just call it a day...:sleep:

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

Still trying to get the terrain and assets installed. The update has failed twice already now, one time it even went to "downloading 7000mb out of 6669mb"!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

DCS:WWII 1944 BACKER --- Fw. 190D-9 --- Bf. 109K-4 --- P-51D --- Spitfire!

Specs: Intel i7-3770 @3.9 Ghz - NVidia GTX 960 - 8GB RAM - OCz Vertex 240GB SSD - Toshiba 1TB HDD - Corsair CX 600M Power Supply - MSI B75MA-P45 MoBo - Defender Cobra M5

Sorry for that stupid question, but how to switch to normandy map in game? I installed map and asstes, but how to access the new content? In mission editor it loads nevada map for me. Are there any missions or training missions coming with normany map for ww2 planes?

Map not in Module Manager

27th today and the map is not available yet for download. It has been paid: Order #402540 of 10-03-2017. Any know issues I can have a look at. Version 2 has been updated 3 days ago.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fools rush in where Angles fear to tread....

Core i7 4790k, GeForce GTX970 G1, 16Gb Ram, 2 x 256Gb SSD, 2 x 1Tb, enough cooling...