Ka-50 Cockpit Systems overhaul Mod (WIP)

Nero.ger

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

----Full Mod ---- Alpha release!

so finaly there is an Alpha version of this mod. Since its my first mod to be released my hands are sweaty as hell smile.gif

i decided to release it even without the full manual because i have difficulty writing it because ...english is not my strong language.

anyway, be aware that its alpha and you have to figure out stuff yourself for now (more or less smile.gif )

Google Drive linke below

General question, post here

Bug reports, please send a PM to keep thread clean

and yes it passes integrity check :)

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B0WafwTWChLITC1iQ3Z3eXZ6eHM?usp=sharing

since it replaces many files make sure you make a backup of your ka-50 folder.

install:

unpack the zip file to 'C:\DCS\Mods\aircraft\Ka-50\'

uninstall:

hopefully you made a backup....

how to use:

still working on the manual, but short version:

Bind the new keys to your Cougar (Controlls/MDF)

Buttonlayout:

11   12   13   14   15
1                         6
2                         7
3                         8
4                         9
5                         10
  16   17   18   19   20    

some buttons have a Short press function and a "hold for more than 1 sec"- function(in both cases the function will be called when you release the button)

known issues

the lcd monitor does not react to lighting conditions
no clickability, you have to use the 20 key bindings 

if you find a bug, pls send a PM, its easyier to keep the thread clean.

General questions belong in the Thread, course they might interest others

• Like 1

'controlling' the Ka50 feels like a discussion with the Autopilot and trim system about the flight direction.

Hello everybody,

As I see since her the HUD experts... :thumbup:

I have a problem, I have the HUD from the Ka 50 on a second monitor exported and me from it a HUD built.

KA-50-Headup-Display.jpg

If I export the HUD via the MonitorSetup.lua, then the HUD jumps by about 3cm up, so I can not see the heading anymore.

In which file and line can I correct the height of the HUD?

Thank you for your help and many greetings

Tronix

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

my DCS World - Ka50 Pit Project: :pilotfly:

http://www.ka50.de

Thanks Nero,

Have already written back to you... :smilewink:

I know with the export synonymous well, just not with the positioning of the HUD and as far as I know I am the only one Ka50 HUD export has done. Have the forums already searched for a solution, unfortunately without success... :cry:

I test your solution and hope it works :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

my DCS World - Ka50 Pit Project: :pilotfly:

http://www.ka50.de

I think its time to finally buy a couple of Cougar MFD's and attach them somehow meaningful to my desk .

Great work Nero.ger !!

If you need somebody to help you translate to english...dont hesitate. I am no master of english but we could get it done ;)

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

Is your mod trying to replicate what the Ka52 has or did you come up with it yourself? In your first post you stated "after watching some Ka52...."...

i updated the first post since my phrasing seem to confuse several people :)

@bitmaster

its more my total inability to write in any language. Some people even say my english is better than my german..... Gramma and spelling...we simply dont get along well :)

so if someone is so 'offended' by my writing 'skills' that he feels the urge to correct the manual, by all means go ahead ...because it took me three days to write it...and thats the result :)

'controlling' the Ka50 feels like a discussion with the Autopilot and trim system about the flight direction.

Haha, no problem !

Happy New Year :)

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

just a quick update:

code cleaning and bugfixing is...boring :)

but added some new features:

MDF now contains a database which contains

weather data from briefing

custom textpages, these can be filled by the player OR can be prefilled by the Mission designer! (right now more for singleplayer because no red/blue check)

Text pages can contain 30 letter in 16 lines.

added updated 'Cargo indicator' or 'Landing assistant' for night and bad weather.basicly make precise manouvering near a Point easier

includes the ability to create a marker 30m in front of you, conviently the same distance the CTLD-script spawnes its creates so you can pick them up easier in strong winds ;)

thanks to AlaskanGrizzly for allowing me to use his function to extract data from the missionfile

ka50mod42.png.a9166e1ab148b11bd43e94b78211b811.png

ka50mod41.png.5e28020e9c111eab8ea6f352fa3a9eef.png

Edited by Nero.ger

BETA RELEASE:

latest version 07.01.2017 is now available and can be considered feature complete for now (otherwise i continously add stuff and never get it done)

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B0WafwTWChLITC1iQ3Z3eXZ6eHM

a tutorial/feature presentation video will follow soon.

happy flying:pilotfly:

well i promised a video....but instead of a short explenatiton it turned into a 30min lecture of a dude fighting english language. so yea, i will have to rethink that idea :)

Nice job but this is actually a hack for the game.

I hope ED fix their integrity check before we get all sort of unrealistic modifications in MP sessions... for the shake of realism.

+1

lfL0UvH.gif

Sorry but i dont understand why any pilot would need all this stuff. Its a bit like having lights underneath your Car > Its shiny but nobody really needs it.

This awesome work Nero (I have really big respekt of this) did here can lead to an Integrity check which may cause other mods like HD Cockpits will not work anymore in the future.

This mod should be availeable for offline Players for sure. But in online matches the guesses and thoughts how it could be in this mod are simply to big.

@ Nero have you ever thought about getting in Contact with ED to Create an Updated BS like an N or sh with real Data and information?

Edit: The reason why iam writing this is Fairness everybody which has this mod not installed will have an disadvantage about those who have. And nobody should have to install an unrealistic mod into a first class simulation to have equal chances in Multiplayer!

Edit2: Have to add this > This mod is awesome but it misses its Goal because its not realistic or not based on realistic Data.

ISE

Edited by Isegrim

"Blyat Naaaaa" - Izlom

oh well here we go :)

answering why somebody might need such a mod + realism:

as written on the first page, i startet the HUD mod because the original HUD made me motion sick, to be more precise the pitchladder...yes that is sadly no joke.

as for the rest, why should an a10c need all its fancy stuff when it just can point it gun and shoot.

i admit the PMS might be bit over the top tho.

i fail to see where i left the realm of realism and crossed into unrealistic space...because

1)the a10c is perfectly capable to show groundpoints on the HUD.

2) the ka50 is know to be a prototype/testplatform, hell there is even a picture of one with 3 MFDs.

so please tell me what you mean unless by saying realism you actualy mean something else or maybe i did not understand you correctly.

i asume that anybody who opposes the mod has also tested it, so we are all on the same page.

if you have not tested it or dont even own the ka50, please ask bevor making any assumtions about how things work in the mod please, hell even ask in a PM. maybe we can avoid the same heated discussions like in some other threads that had to be clean by mods because people where about to kill each other.

adressing the point of multiplayerfairness:

if we go by the argument " everybody which has this mod not installed will have an disadvantage about those who have" i can turn it around and say, TRACK IR should be banned from Multiplayer because it gives everybody with a bigger wallet anunfair advantage. and having a full HOTAS vs a cheap joystick gives you an enormous andvantage. and god forbid anyone using a warthog stick in thier KA50, that would be totaly unrealistic wouldnt it? ;)

while it might not seem like it to some i actualy spend a great deal of time thinking about what is realistic (as in would work in an actual real aircraft) and discarded some ideas because of Multyplay balance (LLTV is gone for example, that was one of the main reasons i removed it to avoid this whole conversation....seems it did not work)

i actualy had the plan to get in touch with some experienced (virtuel) ka50 pilots to get thier perspective an realistic and feasable updates

so guys please stay civil and level headed in this discussion

edit: because previous post was edited :)

we realy need to get the word "realistic" in context because i am confused what you mean

and i am perfectly open to a civil discussion, maybe something i added is not possible in real life and only works in video games

edit..again:

regarding the goal, there are an amount of people who wished that ED would upgrade the ka50, since ED considered the module completed (no source just repeating what i read) i thought, why not take over the job :)

Edited by Nero.ger
  • Like 1

regarding the goal, there are an amount of people who wished that ED would upgrade the ka50, since ED considered the module completed (no source just repeating what i read) i thought, why not take over the job :)

I soo agree with you on that one. In my point of view the Ka50 in its current game state lacks some significant things, esp LLTV or some sort of night fighting capability. Even the Russian government said that after the evaluation of the original Ka50 and different upgrades were made in prototypes (it's in the BS2 manual).

I don't actually know what version of the Ka50 is modeled in DCS and that's maybe not easy to say, as this bird never really made it off the ground with tiny numbers and several changes. What can be considered a REAL Ka50 version?

In an ideal world there could be a mod to change the current Ka50 into one of the N or Sh versions where exactly those systems are remodeled that were changed and such a mod would have the blessing of ED and not cause integrity issues.

I confess I have not tried the mod, because it does not replicate a real system. But from what I read and saw I am not worried that someone using this mod will get unfair advantages. I don't like the original HUD either but since (luckily) I have no health issues with it, I'll just stick with it as it is the real thing. But a different HUD or screen options will not make a significant difference in multiplayer efficiency. LLTV would be a different story, but you removed that so no need to worry here.

Edit: The reason why iam writing this is Fairness everybody which has this mod not installed will have an disadvantage about those who have. And nobody should have to install an unrealistic mod into a first class simulation to have equal chances in Multiplayer!

Buddy, I disagree...

Everybody using Helios or an (almost) fullscale Pit has an advantage.

Or the guys using TIR or VR-Displays: same.

Programmable keyboard? A pure cheating device! :P

Further ore you don't know if any other pilot in Multiplayer is not using similar Macros is his setup as well.

Well, I think, I don't need a crystal ball to say, that this thread soon will be derailing like the one concerning the D2M on the M2k.

To be honest: No offense to you, but that all really pukes me up...

All I know is this game will never be "fair" according to that thought process unless it's limited to the hardware it will run on. Example: I run 2 monitors, a 65 inch 4k for my main and a 32 inch for the shkval. I'd say that having this mod running pales in comparison to the advantage the large monitors give me.

This mod helps your situational awareness, it's not like it's an aimbot or gives you enhanced shkval resolution. If you want to get down to the pure vanilla experience they should disallow TeamSpeak or any other communication software, because after all it wasn't placed in-game there for it would be seen as a hack to the purists.

Good job and I support your work!

As for the critics: You don't like it, don't download it and let the rest of us refine our flight-sim experience. Freewill my peoples. If anyone saw my 100% HELIOS controlled pit, built around my Volair Sim frame, with my 52 inch monitor they could say I have an extreme tactical advantage. Now here is the kick: Because I have a highly sophisticated system, using three computers to run, with a export file rivaling The Matrix, I can never join a server with an integrity check. You think I am giving up my pit? Screw that! To each is own.

Edited by Scooternutz
I suck at spelling!!!