Grudge Match Viggen show

Goblin

Grudge Match Viggen show

Ah ok that makes a lot of sense with the range, The RB-04 was still very cool to see in action.. even if they tended to all gang up on one boat. lol

That happened because there apparently was a bug in the missiles group mode that was discovered that morning, so they couldn't use it to its full potential. :-) the results were hilarious! :P

I found out about the event from facebook and thought I'd quickly check what it is about. I ended up watching the whole thing. Very entertaining to watch. Thanks all! I just wish I had more time to play DCS.

Question about the upcoming Viggen module. On the Rb04 thread it is mentioned that there is a switch panel on the missile for programming. Will these settings be adjustable by player?

Just to say thank you to the LN team for being so engaged with the community. We love it!

It was amazing to see the Viggens in action first hand. Flying at ~1300km/h at 35m AGL they were very difficult to spot and almost impossible to intercept if you ddint see them in time. It will be a tremendous strike aircraft.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

I found out about the event from facebook and thought I'd quickly check what it is about. I ended up watching the whole thing. Very entertaining to watch. Thanks all! I just wish I had more time to play DCS.

Question about the upcoming Viggen module. On the Rb04 thread it is mentioned that there is a switch panel on the missile for programming. Will these settings be adjustable by player?

As i have come to understand it, it will be. How it is implemented i do not know. :-)

Like so. :)

*pic*

Great :thumbup:

What will be the default option? Random?

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

dgREQCW.jpg

Nice to see how this is implemented!

I'm thinking that it also would be nice to be able to change the option mid-mission, for example while rearming at the ground. Is it possible to adapt the in-game loadout screen to have this option there aswell?

dgREQCW.jpg

Will you impliment a way for us to change the mode on the fly? I'm thinking a possible way would be to let us change it in a similar way as to how you change laser codes in the f-5e or gunner orders in the huey. :)

Will you impliment a way for us to change the mode on the fly? I'm thinking a possible way would be to let us change it in a similar way as to how you change laser codes in the f-5e or gunner orders in the huey. :)

The missile couldn't be changed on the fly IRL, only by ground crew. So i guess one would expect it to be able to be changed through the ground crew rearming screen/menu but maybe thats not possible in DCS. :-)

dgREQCW.jpg

I hope you guys also implement a option similar to how the F-5E can change the laser code and Rocket Salvo etc.

(Through keybinds and the Kneeboard and having to select the setup prior to engine startup etc)

Since Especially for MP that would be extremely helpful since otherwise its all server side and the player has no input

(so if the server has the wrong setting selected there would be nothing the player/pilot could do).

Since Especially for MP that would be extremely helpful since otherwise its all server side and the player has no input

(so if the server has the wrong setting selected there would be nothing the player/pilot could do).

Yes, that would be very good indeed. But hopefully just on the ground while rearming and not during flight.

Check out my YouTube: xxJohnxx

Intel i7 6800k watercooled | ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 | 32 GB RAM | Asus GTX1080 watercooled

Took 24 hours to register so I can post for this, heh.

Loved the show, the Mig team performed so well, and it was a great watch. Awesome to see the Viggen in full burner and kind of frustrating to see the missiles hit the same ship, however looking at information on the missile, it looks like that's probably not uncommon.

Anyway, Hook, great commentary I just had a couple of thought;

First, the F10 map is a necessity and I tihnk we all understand that, else you'd never really see what was going on. That being said, I wonder if there is a way to have picture in picture, or a second commentator helping out (much like a pair of commentators in a football match!)

Secondly, and this one is way easier, it'd be nice to stick with a plane when it fires a missile. As in, most of these engagements happen at sub-3 miles where the missiles flight time is maybe 3-4 seconds. Simply following it from the plane is more than enough and ensures we see the splash from a little bit of distance.

Minor things really, and overall it is really quite the production. It looks closer to a TV show each time and that is a great thing (especially since we're not suffering advertisements we're not interested in!) Credit to everyone involved, thoroughly enjoyable.

Overall winner of course is Leatherneck! And, eventually, us!

The Viggenining is nigh!!

was great to see the RB-04s perform realistically.

It makes sense that nearly all of them would home in on the same (highest RCS) target when fired from the same aspect angle. I doubt the radar seeker (a compact 1960s consumable) is capable of tracking multiple targets simultaneously (let alone use DSP to filter tracks and communicate with other RB-04s in air).

So open up the formation just prior to the salvo launch, that way each missile has a different aspect angle.

was great to see the RB-04s perform realistically.

It makes sense that nearly all of them would home in on the same (highest RCS) target when fired from the same aspect angle. I doubt the radar seeker (a compact 1960s consumable) is capable of tracking multiple targets simultaneously (let alone use DSP to filter tracks and communicate with other RB-04s in air).

So open up the formation just prior to the salvo launch, that way each missile has a different aspect angle.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=178005

Kinda yes, kinda no. :D

Group mode apparently didnt work as it was supposed to. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

*unexpected flight behaviour* Oh shiii*** ! What ? Why ? What is happening ?

What did happen to those two Viggens that sneaked off to do a number on the vehicles? It looked like they sneaked through the Migs, but then disappeared whilst attention was elsewhere.

i5 4690k / MSI Gaming 5 / 2 x 8 GB Crucial Ballistix ram / Zotac AMP! 980Ti / 2 x 250 SSDs

Flight Controls:Virpil VPC MoogoosT-50 / MFG Crosswinds / GVL Throttle / Oculus Rift CV1