The Détecteur de Départ Missile (DDM)

Zeus67

This is the option in the ME:

DDM%20ME%20Option_zps3lxpxvic.jpg

By default the DDM sensors will be mounted. You have to explicitly disallow them.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

Really excited to see this will be a feature!

Really good decision on the ME editor option. I enjoy realistic what if features like this, as DCS as a whole is a "what if" sandbox simulator, but recognize there are community members who do not want a feature like this. A mission editor options pleases all involved- good decision!

Thanks, Razbam... Looks like another Delta wing shall soon enter the fray, but the Mirage will always be one sexy beast

Edited by Hook47

This is nice

Whatever is the default setting will be enforced on 99.99999999% of servers. Why even make DDM if the user, not the mission maker, has no control over its inclusion?

Might as well put the option in an encrypted LUA file for all the user it will get.

Whatever is the default setting will be enforced on 99.99999999% of servers. Why even make DDM if the user, not the mission maker, has no control over its inclusion?

Might as well put the option in an encrypted LUA file for all the user it will get.

I will not make any further comment on this thread or on this issue. Whatever changes I make to the DDM will remain undisclosed.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

This is the option in the ME:

DDM%20ME%20Option_zps3lxpxvic.jpg

By default the DDM sensors will be mounted. You have to explicitly disallow them.

Thank you very much! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Because it's a mission-wide decision.

Exactly like the INS auto alignment that can be forced by ME.

Whisper of old OFP & C6 forums, now Kalbuth.

Specs : i7 6700K / MSI 1070 / 32G RAM / SSD / Rift S / Virpil MongooseT50 / Virpil T50 CM2 Throttle / MFG Crosswind.

All but Viggen, Yak52 & F16

If user can decide if he wants to put it or what stops them putting it on if they're in "Realistic" mission

I will not make any further comment on this thread or on this issue. Whatever changes I make to the DDM will remain undisclosed.

Good choice tbh we're all really edgy in 1 regard

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Youtube

Reddit

Zeus please don`t let the naysayers win , these are the same people who screamed about 4 magics etc. haters gonna hate.

IAF.Tomer

My Rig:

Core i7 6700K + Corsair Hydro H100i GTX

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7,G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3000Mhz

Gigabyte GTX 980 OC

Samsung 840EVO 250GB + 3xCrucial 275GB in RAID 0 (1500 MB/s)

Asus MG279Q | TM Warthog + Saitek Combat Pedals + TrackIR 5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Not everyone can be pleased. Zeus has done quite a lot of listening in this thread and adjusted as he sees fit. For that quality, I still hold RAZBAM with the highest regard in third-party developers. The fact that he responds quickly is encouraging. The constant nit-picking only discourages him from doing so.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CPU - Intel 8088 @ 4.77 MHz; Memory - 128KB; 360KB double-sided

5 1/4" full-height floppy disk drive; 10MB Seagate ST-412 hard drive

JG-1 MiG-21bis Checklist

Not everyone can be pleased. Zeus has done quite a lot of listening in this thread and adjusted as he sees fit. For that quality, I still hold RAZBAM with the highest regard in third-party developers. The fact that he responds quickly is encouraging. The constant nit-picking only discourages him from doing so.
Sure! I'll be using the DDM always anyways, so having it a default ON optional OFF is better as far as I'm concerned. I was speaking more on the behalf of those that see it as an unrealistic addition.

This seems like the better solution to me as well.

So because of a few that that do not prefer this feature it should be disabled as a default so most of the community do not use this feature unless they explicitly turn it on which any average mission builder will forget to do .... thus making this work kinda meaningless

I'm sorry but I disagree with that it's much more logical to turn it off if you don't like it rather then having to turn it on to have it enabled.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Youtube

Reddit

So because of a few

are you sure there are just a few ? may be you should make a poll to see what's better ?

do not prefer this feature

I do prefer this feature

but for dedicated strike missions which are actually a 2000D/N job IRL

but since we don't have 2000D/N, 2000C with DDM would do

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks for this feature. It bugged me that there's a switch I can throw to enable a something useful but it didnt work. In the Lemoen Air Force the 2000C is used as a multirole fighter and it is nice to know that there will be a bit more protection against those dang IGLAs while dissassembling enemy vehicles.

So because of a few that that do not prefer this feature it should be disabled as a default so most of the community do not use this feature unless they explicitly turn it on which any average mission builder will forget to do .... thus making this work kinda meaningless

I'm sorry but I disagree with that it's much more logical to turn it off if you don't like it rather then having to turn it on to have it enabled.

Hum, by default it will be mounted.

If you look at the screen you will see that the unchecked checkbox allows it. Exactly as you wish it to be...

I don't think "few" is the word, for example in my squadron we all want to be able to chose or not to use it.

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

Hum, by default it will be mounted.

If you look at the screen you will see that the unchecked checkbox allows it. Exactly as you wish it to be...

I don't think "few" is the word, for example in my squadron we all want to be able to chose or not to use it.

whatever, they implemented an option as some asked, they then had to make a choice between 2 options, that means supporters of 1 are going to be happy, supporters of the other are not. There are arguments for both sides, so people will have to deal with the choice. You want Razbam to run a poll for each and every choice they make?? Why do people absolutely want to be right ? :) No one is right here, it's a question of choice, and that choice has been made by the people actually DOING the product. Let's go past it.

Whisper of old OFP & C6 forums, now Kalbuth.

Specs : i7 6700K / MSI 1070 / 32G RAM / SSD / Rift S / Virpil MongooseT50 / Virpil T50 CM2 Throttle / MFG Crosswind.

All but Viggen, Yak52 & F16

Example.

KENIAN AIR FORCE, has F5E. They don't have GBUs. Is it realistic to use the GBU?.

If they don't use them is because certain reasons. Can they use it?. Yes. Do they do? No.

If a system is, or could be part of an aircraft, IS realistic.

Edited by ESAc_matador

Why would anyone choose to fly without it? Makes no sense unless pretending to fly 3rd world country air force or 1980's scenario. It was compatible, tested and not used because of budget reasons. And If there was a serous conflict involving the M2000C, the DDM would be there, despite the cost. The good thing with DCS is that costs wont matter, we choose the best equipment we can. The argument of "realism" in this case comes from various airforce/government choices IRL, not technical capability. Last time I checked DCS stands for digital combat simulator, and not a simulator on budgets or politics.