[RESOLVED]Piercing Fury mission 5 after last DCS update

Hello,

in mission 5 the Chinook just hovers and spins over the blue smoke and does not land, i've waited 15 min and then decided to RTB. I have it on stream if u need to take a look at it.

Thanks for your help, the campaign is great so far.

Edited by BIGNEWY
TITLE

Seems there is the same bug in mission 4 : Hellraiser 2 doesn't land and drop the troops but Hellraiser 1 did. So the first group planted the bombs and standed near a house waiting for ever...

i9 9900k, 64 Go RAM, RTX 4090, Warthog HOTAS Throttle & Stick, Saitek Combat Rudder, MFD Cougar, Trackir 5 Pro, Multipurpose UFC and Oculus Rift S (when I want some VR),

http://www.twitch.tv/zarma4074 /  https://www.youtube.com/user/Zarma4074 

Copy-of-DCS-A-10C-User-Bar-CMR-ConvertImage.jpg

• ED Team

I am taking a look at this now, confirmed the chinook will not land.

my guess is due to the troops on the LZ, I will try to reproduce in a smaller mission and report as necessary.

Thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I'm going to test the helo points tonight, the ai troops may be causing issues with the ai helos landing. Don't know what had changed to cause the issue, but we will get it resolved.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Guys, I have updated Mission 04 and 05 (submitted to ED) which has fixed any issues with AI helos not landing if AI troops are in close vicinity to the LZs. Please continue posting any issues, I will jump on it and get it fixed. Thanks again for the support, BigNewy, thanks again!

• ED Team
Guys, I have updated Mission 04 and 05 (submitted to ED) which has fixed any issues with AI helos not landing if AI troops are in close vicinity to the LZs. Please continue posting any issues, I will jump on it and get it fixed. Thanks again for the support, BigNewy, thanks again!

No problem, always happy to help. Thanks for the great campaign :)

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Also, ensure you disable Civilian Traffic in your options.

It seems to be enforced off in this mission, though I've seen some traffic around. Does that mean the DCS mission options are not always enforced correctly?

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

It seems to be enforced off in this mission, though I've seen some traffic around. Does that mean the DCS mission options are not always enforced correctly?

A few patches ago, you could still have civy traffic on even with it forced off by the mission creator.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Good to know!

Anyone knows whether those fixes have made it in yesterday's update? I see the files in the update log, but I can't tell for sure, and it's a long mission... don't want to find out the hard way ;)

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

Good to know!

Anyone knows whether those fixes have made it in yesterday's update? I see the files in the update log, but I can't tell for sure, and it's a long mission... don't want to find out the hard way ;)

Redglyph,

I had both missions working pre-1.5.5 patch release with some workarounds. Tested Mission 5 this morning with the newest patch and the Chinook in Mission 5 still will not land. I even took out the AI troops, and changed the airframe to a UH-1H and still not landing. I have submitted a bug report to ED, hopefully this gets fixed soon. I have also changed different conditions for the land path, duration, etc, nothing seems to work.

Unfortunately, I do not have access to the test builds so I cannot troubleshoot until a patch is released...

• ED Team

I have tested on internal builds and it is the same, I have put a report in.

I also have this issue in mission 14 near the end end where 3 chinooks attempt to land to collect troops. They never do. I also notice that my entire flight won't communicate with me nor take orders even though my radio is working correctly and tuned? Latest DCS update today.

Thoughts appreciated.

Thanks

P

Not to hijack this sub-folder for mine, but I've had some folks tell me that the same issue is happening in one of my missions in The Museum Relic campaign. Mission 8.6 (F-86 version) to be exact. The Chinook will not land, and the mission can't progress. I hope this repair ticket from BIGNEWY gets looked at soon, and a hotfix can be implemented.

- Apache600

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The Museum Relic Campaign: --> http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=164322

Community Missions (SP & MP) --> https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=205546

• ED Team
Not to hijack this sub-folder for mine, but I've had some folks tell me that the same issue is happening in one of my missions in The Museum Relic campaign. Mission 8.6 (F-86 version) to be exact. The Chinook will not land, and the mission can't progress. I hope this repair ticket from BIGNEWY gets looked at soon, and a hotfix can be implemented.

- Apache600

thanks apache600, I will add it to the report

Thank you Mr Ranger for your work, I encountered the miss 4 problem last night, looking forward to getting back on it again.

OPF is one of those things that I find totally increases my enjoyment and feelings of immersion in DCSW, like having VR and TMWH. Its brilliant.

Edited by reemit0772

i5/9600K wc, Z390XP, 32Gb/DDR4, 1080ti wc, 850 Evo SSD, TMWH, DSD FLT1, ORs.

A10C, UH1, MI8, BF109K4, SA342M, L39C, M2000C, Mig21BIS, Mig15, F86, C101, Hawk, F-14, F-5E, Spitfire MkIX, AV8B N/A, FA-18C, P51-D, Yak 52, Mig19p, F-16C, JF-17 OPF, Red Flag2, MusRel, BnboB, Tbs, TEW 3.0, TTQ, MI8 OFC, SC.

I also have this issue in mission 14 near the end end where 3 chinooks attempt to land to collect troops. They never do. I also notice that my entire flight won't communicate with me nor take orders even though my radio is working correctly and tuned? Latest DCS update today.

Thoughts appreciated.

Thanks

P

I'm having the same issue as well. Haven't tested it on any other missions, but ATC isn't responding nor are my flight members. I can still hear the recorded unique mission audio though.

On a side note, Ranger, as somebody new to DCS, this was my first campaign purchased, and it has me looking forward to what's coming up in the next mission each time. Very well done, and I look forward to your next campaign.

Thanks again for your hard work!

I'm having the same issue as well. Haven't tested it on any other missions, but ATC isn't responding nor are my flight members. I can still hear the recorded unique mission audio though.

On a side note, Ranger, as somebody new to DCS, this was my first campaign purchased, and it has me looking forward to what's coming up in the next mission each time. Very well done, and I look forward to your next campaign.

Thanks again for your hard work!

Fluffytuff,

I have reported the issues to the ED test team. The helo bug is being worked. The radio comms are also being looked at. Thanks for the kind words, I put my heart and soul into this DLC, I am confident the patch bugs will get worked out in the near future.

The updated version haven't been pushed yet I guess because I still have the bug with the CH47 in mission 5.

i9 9900k, 64 Go RAM, RTX 4090, Warthog HOTAS Throttle & Stick, Saitek Combat Rudder, MFD Cougar, Trackir 5 Pro, Multipurpose UFC and Oculus Rift S (when I want some VR),

http://www.twitch.tv/zarma4074 /  https://www.youtube.com/user/Zarma4074 

Copy-of-DCS-A-10C-User-Bar-CMR-ConvertImage.jpg

The updated version haven't been pushed yet I guess because I still have the bug with the CH47 in mission 5.

It's in the following posts, the problem was not fixed (see last post from Ranger79 just above).