VEAO Spitfire Mk XIV Dev Diary

Pman

I had to look up Nando's on wikipedia. Next time I'm in the UK, Pman is gettng an all-free, all-you-can-eat Nando's dinner, you're also invited Ells :D.

We have no Nando's in Holland and since I'm a chicken meathead myself, I 'll simply have to sample the things Nando's can provide for me......

It was new to me too, I know what to eat on my next trip to England. :D

Keep up the good work :thumbup:

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
Any updates on the Mk.XIV incoming in the near future? :)

wondering too, any progress reports?:pilotfly:

i5 6600K, 4.3ghz, 16gb ram, Windows-10, Z97, Corsair 1000w psu, Samsung Evo 1T SSD, 980ti, Asus ROG Swift 27"/1440p, Trackir 5, TM Warthog, MFG crosswind pedals

Just Discovered we had Nandos here in the US And one nearby. I am going to try it this weekend to see what the fuss is all about.

Any recommendations on what to try? Oh I know...Chicken and the Hot Sauce?

But wings, fries and Macho Peas? What the hell are Macho Peas? Or should I go for the Breast...

Decisions...decisions...

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

Haha I prefer boneless so I normally have a breast burger with lemon and herb sauce. But then I'm a lightweight and don't like spicy things. Pete has medium sauce from what I remember.

Macho peas..they're the ones that work out in the gym out back so they're all puffed up when they come out on your plate ;)

Just Discovered we had Nandos here in the US And one nearby. I am going to try it this weekend to see what the fuss is all about.

Any recommendations on what to try? Oh I know...Chicken and the Hot Sauce?

But wings, fries and Macho Peas? What the hell are Macho Peas? Or should I go for the Breast...

Decisions...decisions...

You can't just go to a Nandos, it's got to be a cheeky one for the full effect :)

Haha I prefer boneless so I normally have a breast burger with lemon and herb sauce. But then I'm a lightweight and don't like spicy things. Pete has medium sauce from what I remember.

Macho peas..they're the ones that work out in the gym out back so they're all puffed up when they come out on your plate ;)

Yeah man :)

Getting the need for some chicken, know where my other half and I are going tonight!

Pman

Ok I made my maiden flight and landed at Nandos after taking in the new Star Trek movie (which was pretty good).

1/2 chicken with Macho Peas, Rice and Garlic bread. Tried the Lemon and Herb Sauce. Also tried the Garlic Sauce which to my surprise had some heat to it. Finished it off with awsome Carrot Cake.

Grabbed a dozen wings with the Hot Sauce to go for later.

I see why you guys go there. Now I know what Nandos is about. I can just see you guys discussing the P40 and Spitfire projects over a meal there. So since gents don't talk with their mouths full, The time taken to savor the goodness allows for a good thought process before answering Ells or PMan about that opinion on how "we" should proceed on issue X.

@buzzles, could not find a "Cheeky" Nandos here as they are located in High End shopping districts.

Really good. I will go back. :thumbup::thumbup:

Edited by MegOhm_SD

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

Ok I made my maiden flight and landed at Nandos after taking in the new Star Trek movie (which was pretty good).

1/2 chicken with Macho Peas, Rice and Garlic bread. Tried the Lemon and Herb Sauce. Also tried the Garlic Sauce which to my surprise had some heat to it. Finished it off with awsome Carrot Cake.

Grabbed a dozen wings with the Hot Sauce to go for later.

I see why you guys go there. Now I know what Nandos is about. I can just see you guys discussing the P40 and Spitfire projects over a meal there. So since gents don't talk with their mouths full, The time taken to savor the goodness allows for a good thought process before answering Ells or PMan about that opinion on how "we" should proceed on issue X.

@buzzles, could not find a "Cheeky" Nandos here as they are located in High End shopping districts.

Really good. I will go back. :thumbup::thumbup:

:thumbup:

You'll work your way up the sauces :D I tend to stick to a firm medium, Chris takes it as light as it comes :P

I have done the X-Hot when we've had a few of the guys together, that's ... um .... interesting!

Yeah Chris and I have a few management meetings at either Nandos or Starbucks, anyone who spies us in there would be in for a treat of info lol

Pman

• 2 weeks later...

Just found this thread and delighted to find that the Mk14 is being done for DCS and so nice to see so much forum input from the Devs. When all is done, would you consider a Mk16 with Merlin ? for DCS, FSX or P3D ? In my opinion it is the most beautiful looking Spitfire ever made.

Looking forward to the Mk14.

I believe this is Cliff Spinks MK16 at Duxford

Supermarine_Spitfire_Mk_XVI_NR.jpg

Edited by Busterbvi

Asus Z87. i7 4770k. 8 GB DDR3 @ 1866 mhz. GTX980ti SC. 120 GB SSD. 1TB Evo SSD. 750W PSU. W7/64. BenQ W1070 Projector. Yamaha RXV 673 AVR, Energy Take 7.1 S.S. 100" screen, serving wench & lap dancing facilities.

Close :)

It's Cliff Spinks mk xiv, sadly it's been having some engine trouble of late.

To be honest with eds Ix and our xiv I doubt we'd do a xvi

An early spit is very much a possibility tho ;)

Pman

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pman

As long as there's someone coding a Bf 109 E, I won't mind...Spit Is versus D-9s and K-4s would be kind of hilarious, though.

As long as there's someone coding a Bf 109 E, I won't mind...Spit Is versus D-9s and K-4s would be kind of hilarious, though.

I can assure you it isn't. I played War Thunder during the Dora plague, during which it was possible (common, even) to face the Fw190 D-13 in your Hurricane Mk II. Now WT isn't the most realistic of 'sims' but it does the broad strokes well enough for you to predict the outcome...

I can assure you it isn't. I played War Thunder during the Dora plague, during which it was possible (common, even) to face the Fw190 D-13 in your Hurricane Mk II. Now WT isn't the most realistic of 'sims' but it does the broad strokes well enough for you to predict the outcome...

Hey, it's totally fine for the 109 F-4 to fight the D-30 Stang, no prob. =)

Historikally akkurate tiering tovarish ))))))))))))

I still play WT on occasion, nowadays mostly because of the people I fly with, granted. Game balance has been going down the drain with the last couple of patches and the developers don't seem to care.

Pman

A Battle of Britain Spitfire would be great, so I very much hope we get the South coast of England in the Normandy map!

Same for the Mosquito. It would be great to fly historic missions from the English coast on an misty early morning mission across the sea to France and hope to get back in one piece.

Happy landings,

Talisman

Bell_UH-1 side.png

• 2 months later...

Hi Folks, time for a short update!

I've been absolutely chomping at the bit to show you a few screenshots of how the Mk XIV is progressing and today I finally can (...Pman!) :) The Spit XIV is easily my favourite project and I've been steadily chipping away over the last few months trying to get her as close as possible.

Screen_161101_101727.bmp

Screen_161101_101743.bmp

Screen_161101_101843.bmp

Edited by VH-Rock

Virtual Horsemen - Right Wing (P-51)  - 2008... 

Virtual Ultimate Fighters - Lead (P-47) - 2020...