DCS SA342 Gazelle Project

Pat01

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess pictures say more then 1000 words. This is an older picture of the 1st of 2 pilots that will sit in the gazelle. So I hope the question about the pilot is answered?

Thanks for letting us know. The rift is perfect for helicopters and having a virtual pilot will greatly aid immersion.

Win 10 64bit | i7 7700k delid @ 5.1gHz | 32Gb 3466mhz TridentZ memory | Asus ROG Apex motherboard | Asus ROG Strix 1080Ti overclocked

Komodosim Cyclic | C-tek anti torque pedals and collective | Warthog stick and throttle | Oculus Rift CV1 | KW-908 Jetseat | Buttkicker with Simshaker for Aviators

RiftFlyer VR G-Seat project: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2733051#post2733051

Kobac, I got you for the fuel pump and the starter, Thanks for your report.

I thought it was already the case, I'm checking the whole cockpit at the moment exactly to chase these kind of things.

Looking great. Can not wait to try this one.

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

Kobac, I got you for the fuel pump and the starter, Thanks for your report.

I thought it was already the case, I'm checking the whole cockpit at the moment exactly to chase these kind of things.

No problem, but I'd still advise you to get in contact with some French "Gazelle" pilot. :smartass:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Everything is possible ...

About the FM

The FM is an external FM coded from scratch

This module features simulation for the following systems

Electric System

Fuel System

Lighting System

Weapons System

Engine System (Turbine)

Rotors System

FM depends on all these systems at some point or another

Flight performances follow the different charts available in real flight manual

All systems follow every info available in real flight manual

FM and systems has been test passed by real pilot, technician and sim fans, keeping in mind the limitation of a simulation game

This stated, I let for everybody the pleasure to define it as an advanced flight model, or a professionnal flight model, or else :)

Edited by Pat01
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

really interesting model.. I 'm really into this chopper, and from what I've seen so far it's gonna be a must-have..

btw, all the vids are removed?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 6700K @ 4.2, MSI M5 Z170A Gaming, NZXT X61 Kraken liquid cooler, PNY Nvidia GTX 1080 Founders Edition, 16GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 Mhz C15, samsung 840 evo SSD, CoolerMaster 1000W Gold rated PSU, NZXT Noctis 450 cabinet, Samsung S240SW 24' 1920x1200 LED panel, X-52 Pro Flight stick. W10 Pro x64 1809, NO antivirus EVER

Yeah! Looks awesome to me... Keep it coming.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

That pit just looks superb Pat01.

looking forward to learning the HOT targeting.

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

Excellent work. This looks superb. I'm really looking forward to flying this. I hope the FM can be equally well polished.

Win 10 64bit | i7 7700k delid @ 5.1gHz | 32Gb 3466mhz TridentZ memory | Asus ROG Apex motherboard | Asus ROG Strix 1080Ti overclocked

Komodosim Cyclic | C-tek anti torque pedals and collective | Warthog stick and throttle | Oculus Rift CV1 | KW-908 Jetseat | Buttkicker with Simshaker for Aviators

RiftFlyer VR G-Seat project: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2733051#post2733051

Great progress on your module Pat. :thumbup:

I hope you don't omit to make also some advertising of your excellent work. Build some awareness early on on more channels. I don't see the Gazelle having a Facebook page for example. People are sharing you pictures and youtube movies like stolen goods :D .

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Hello Gents,

Yes I removed the old videos because they didn't fit the real state of the module anymore.

Here's a new one I made showing firing HOT missiles with the new cockpit.

http://youtu.be/9EQ_2_dBQ2I

I'm astounded to have bumped into this project by lounging around in the forums - never heard nothing about it since last week.

The pit I see in the vid and the ATGM launches really feel like "DCS level" to me..

Don't know if this will be released for free; but I'm sure I will get it free or not.

Hope the flight model is gonna be accurate, in that case, I see this helicopter being at least on par with the Huey and the Eight..

edit: just saw the post where pat talks about the flight model being tested by a real pilot.. then I 'd think we will have another great rotary like the BS ones

Edited by whitehot
addditon

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 6700K @ 4.2, MSI M5 Z170A Gaming, NZXT X61 Kraken liquid cooler, PNY Nvidia GTX 1080 Founders Edition, 16GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 Mhz C15, samsung 840 evo SSD, CoolerMaster 1000W Gold rated PSU, NZXT Noctis 450 cabinet, Samsung S240SW 24' 1920x1200 LED panel, X-52 Pro Flight stick. W10 Pro x64 1809, NO antivirus EVER